|Minimum Stay||2 - 3 nights|
Greetings from Ocean Beach, where the sun sets on San Diego!
This Garden Cottage sits two blocks from the Pacific Ocean and is a short walk to beaches, shops, restaurants, and weekly farmer's market. Your home away from home features a designer's touch and offers all the elements of classic coastal living, inside and out, and features 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom - and will sleep up to 4-5 guests for true hospitality.
Relax and enjoy the private and gated rear courtyard with comfortable loungers, hammock, and fire-pit. Front porch offers outdoor dining and garden and sunset views. A spacious open living room includes space for working remotely, 43" flat-screen smart-TV, and complimentary high-speed internet, WiFi and Netflix. The beds are super-comfortable and linens are soft and cozy. The kitchen offers dining for four and is well stocked for today's cooks. Other amenities include:
- Laundry with Full-Size Washer & Dryer
- Tempur-Comfort Mattresses
- Bathroom with Bathtub and Shower, Plush Towels, Hair Dryer, and Amenities
- Beach Chairs, Umbrellas, Boogie Boards, and Sand Toys
- Barbecue Grill
- Convenient On-Street Parking
- Optional One-Car Garage
- Non-Smoking Home and Pet-Free Property
This home is available for nightly, weekly and monthly rental.
Come relax, work or play at the Garden Cottage and celebrate the moments of your life!
For additional guest reviews, please visit VRBO listings #706687 and #840904.
Welcome, and enjoy your visit!
Member, Ocean Beach Town Council
My family and I have lived in San Diego for over eighteen years and we are grateful for the opportunity to share our beautiful coastal desert city with family, friends and guests who travel from near and far.
Whether you enjoy the ease and independence of a Vacation Rental where you simply pick your spot and push a button, or you prefer a Vacation Rental where you can interact with the owner in one on one discussions before booking - through post departure, you deserve the very best experience.
I appreciate and offer good, old fashioned customer service - and aim to delight my guests. Lost your way in unfamiliar surroundings? Call me. Unsure about local romantic or family-friendly restaurants? Text me. Forgot your anniversary and need something special right away? Email me, I’m here to help.
Interested in staying with us? Contact us for information about our beautiful Sunset and Garden Beach Cottages in San Diego or our Historic Mid-Century Modern Beauty in Palm Springs.
Rodney purchased this cottage in 2014
Welcome to Ocean Beach, where the sun sets on San Diego!
I absolutely adore OB. Interstate-8 ends at OB, making it a destination, not a flow-through. As you enter the OB community, you will find a low-key beach community filled with flair and personality, and it is one of the last truly authentic surfing communities remaining in Southern California.
The cottage is conveniently located close to restaurants, shopping, and all the sites and attractions San Diego is known for - a veritable wonderland to spend entire days with family and friends - all within a short walk or drive:
1. Sea World
2. Wild Animal Park
3. Lego Land
4. Concert / Theater Venues
5. Balboa Park - one of the oldest urban cultural parks - with over 15 museums, 15 gardens, and 10 attractions and venues... including the World Famous San Diego Zoo
6. Local Universities include USD, UCSD, San Diego State, and Point Loma Nazarene
7. Downtown / Convention Center and Gas Lamp District
8. Coronado Island / Military Facilities
9. Our gorgeous beaches - 70 miles of pristine coastline...
10. ... and year-round sunshine and mild temperatures so you can enjoy the surf and sand almost any day of the year.
Welcome to San Diego!
The Garden Cottage sits in the residential neighborhood of Ocean Beach (OB) - between Sunset Cliffs and the OB business district. The cottage is close enough to stay connected to the local scene (walk to the public beach, restaurants, dining and shopping) but far enough away to enjoy quite relaxation, sounds of splashing waves, and the ease of on-street parking - often right in front of the cottage.
OB is a low key beach community filled with flair and personality. Said differently, OB offers the pitch perfect throw-back groovy vibe of a vintage Southern California beach town, coupled with friendly locals, great dining, and a vibrant beach and surf scene.
The Garden Cottage sits two blocks from the coastline and secluded beaches, and is a short 5-20 min stroll to shops, restaurants, entertainment, and the public beach - offering lifeguard-supervised swimming and surfing areas, restrooms, and showers.
The Garden Cottage is centrally located and a short 5-15 min drive to most area Universities, Sea World, Downtown/Convention Center, and Balboa Park, the nation's largest urban cultural park. Balboa Park is home to 15 major museums, renowned performing arts venues, beautiful gardens and the world famous San Diego Zoo. The Park has an ever-changing calendar of museum exhibitions, plays, musicals, concerts, and classes—all in the beautiful and timeless setting.
Enjoy your visit!
We had a wonderful stay at the cottage. Rodney is a great host and the cottage is lovely with super comfy beds. Love the attention to detail such as coloring book for guests and tasteful decor. Rodney provided great restaurant suggestions and was very responsive when we had any questions. We had a wonderful time!
Our family had a wonderful stay and appreciate the owner's attention to every detail. House was extremely clean, well-maintained and beautifully decorated. Rodney was responsive to our every inquiry, including restaurant options. We especially enjoyed the outdoor spaces and spent our evenings in the backyard around the firepit - just perfect for the family to gather and visit. Definitely recommend this charming home and looking forward to our next stay.
This house was perfect for our needs. The colors are welcoming and warm and the character makes you feel so at home. The house was clean, had all the necessary amenities, comfortable beds and most of all, a fantastic back patio. Working with the owner was only a pleasure. I would highly recommend this rental for your vacation needs!
We so enjoyed our stay at the garden cottage! Comfortable, quiet neighborhood and wonderful accommodations. Well appointed home and garden(s). Perfect location. Walk to Newport Ave. Coffee and breakfast at Newbreak Cafe just off the beach. Dinner at The Joint and The Warehouse were amazing. Our host, Rodney, was/is very personable and available if we had any questions at all. We felt well cared for and so enjoyed our stay. We will be back. Until next time......
The thing is, OB and the OB Cottage offer a cozy, fun, safe, and clean respite for all to enjoy, but there is even more to offer in the surrounding area. If you're not from San Diego or have not visited before, indulge for a moment in things all San Diegans appreciate:
1. Nothing brightens a day more than the sunbathing seals in La Jolla.
2. Except maybe doing some sunbathing yourself.
3. Mexican food isn't a cuisine. It's a lifestyle.
4. To be clear, the grungiest-looking places are always the most delicious.
5. When it comes to enjoying the great outdoors, the best beach hike ever is at Torrey Pines State Park.
6. And sometimes you just need to get naked outdoors. That's where skinny dipping at Black's Beach comes in.
7. San Diego farmers markets are to die for. And they're open year-round. Don't miss OB's market on Newport Ave every Wednesday starting at 4:00 PM.
8. Because, seasons? What are seasons?
9. The Self-Realization Fellowship gardens are free and wonderful.
10. Though Balboa Park is pretty hard to top.
11. San Diego has been deemed America's craft beer capital.
12. If you don't surf, skate or practice yoga, you should or will after your visit.
13. For the record: 'Beach bum' is not a derogatory term.
14. Nothing beats a San Diego sunset on the beach (especially in OB).
15. Except maybe a San Diego sunset seen from a hot air balloon. We have a lot of hot air balloons.
16. And last but not least, San Diegans know how to keep it classy.
Enjoy your visit!
Getting around is easy!
A car is a "nice to have" but not necessary:
- San Diego International Airport (SAN)
* Car = 4.1 miles / 15 min drive
* Taxi Fare & Uber estimator (online apps):
... Taxi = ~$27.50
... UberX = $15-$18
- Old Town Neighborhood / Transit Center (Bus, Trolley & Train)
... Bus = ~37 min ride; Bus #35; $2.25
Note: Bus #35 boarding @ Orchard Ave & Ebers St; ~3 min walk from cottage
- Sea World Animal Theme Park - 500 Sea World Drive
... Walk = 2.8 mi / ~45-60 min
... Bus = ~60 min ride; Bus #35 transfer to Bus #9 towards Pacific Beach; 4.50; with ~10 walk to entrance gate
... Car = ~14 min drive (3.8 mi)
... UberX = $8 - $11
- Bermuda Ave. Beach Cove = 0.3 miles / 10 min walk
- Santa Cruz Ave. Beach = 0.3 miles / 10 min walk
- Public Beach (pier, life guards, restrooms & showers) = 0.9 miles / 15-20 min walk
- Newport Avenue / OB Business District (shopping, dinning, entertainment, and weekly Farmer's Market on Wednesday at 4:00 PM) = 0.6 miles / 15 min walk
- Sunset Cliffs (scenic ocean views, surfing, cliff-jumping) = 0.3 - 2.0 miles / an enjoyable walk, run or bike ride
- Grocery Store:
1 - The Olive Tree Market (4.6 stars) is ~8-min walk (0.4 mi)
2 - Ocean Beach People's Organic Foods Market (4.6 stars) is ~20-min walk (1.0 mi)
3 - Abbott Market (3.0 stars) is ~24-min walk (1.1 mi)
1 - Baron's Market, Point Loma - 4001 W. Point Loma Blvd.
... Walk = ~44 min walk (2.1 mi)
... Bus #35 = ~19 min ride; $2.25
... Car = ~8 min ride
... UberX = $7 - $9
2 - Vons - 3645 Midway Drive
... Bus #35 = ~21 min ride; $2.25
... Car = ~9 min drive (2.7 mi)
... UberX = $8 - $10
2 - Ralphs - 3345 Sports Arena Blvd
... Bus #35 = ~28 min ride; $2.25; with an ~5 min walk
... Car = ~13 min drive (3.1 mi)
... UberX = $8 - $11
3 - Sprouts Farmers Market - 3315 Rosecrans Street
... Bus #35 = ~32 min ride; $2.25; with an ~4 min walk
... Car = ~11 min drive (3.3 mi)
... UberX = $9 - $11
4 - Trader Joes - 2401 Truxton Rd
... Bus #923 = ~43 min ride; with ~16 min walk
... Car = ~11 min drive (3.0 mi)
... UberX = $8 - $10
- Public Gym / Pool
1 - Peninsula Family YMCA, 4390 Valeta Street, 619-226-8888 (2 FREE visits for first-time visitors + every Friday in December is FREE and does not count against first 2 free visits; $20 day-pass after that.)
... Walk = ~34-min (1.6 mi)
... Bus #35 = ~19-min ride; with an ~6-min walk; $2.25
... Car = ~8 min ride
... UberX = ~8-min ride; $6 - $8
Enjoy your visit!
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£304|
|Departure Cleaning||£130 + Tax|
* Nightly, weekly and monthly stays are welcomed
* Month+ stays are non-taxable
* Month+ guests cover costs of utilities (gas & electric)
* An additional guest fee of $35 applied for each guest after 4 (for each night of the reservation).
* Extend Your Stay! (based on season and availability)
- Get a head start on your vacation - arrive as early as 9:00 AM! ($99.00)
- Enjoy the sun and beach - extend your stay until 4:00 PM! ($99.00)
* Optional one-car garage available @ $25 per day, $125 week (non-taxable)
San Diego City Permit: 610541
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.