2 Bedrooms, Lounge, Fitted Kitchen, Shower Room, Private Garden
- English, Greek
The property is registered under Greek Tax Law, the Property Reference is 00000168610
Why George chose Astrakeri
Villa Nikos is a charming traditional Greek home in an unspoilt hamlet which is an idyllic island location that won't disappoint.
What makes this Villa unique
• Detached Villa • Private garden • Sea views • Free access to Wi-fi
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Villa Nikos - a real Gem
We always look for somewhere in a local village when we go on holiday rather than in a main tourist resort. Villa Nikos was perfect. A peaceful home, (and it really did feel like home,) in a quiet location but very close to Roda and Sidari with great shops and plenty to do and see. We had a “night out” in Roda then simply got a taxi back that evening and walked back along the back roads to Roda the following morning to collect our car. It was a pleasant walk.
The house itself is lovely, extremely well equipped and spotlessly clean with 2 good sized bedrooms, with plenty of storage. Everywhere is so tastefully decorated with quirky, personal touches which make it special. There was even a welcome pack of food and drink when we arrived.
We loved all the different sitting areas outside in the beautiful garden - again with lots of quirky detail and features. We were lucky enough to enjoy two perfect weeks of weather and we spent a lot of time in the garden, in fact we ate most of our meals outside. We would watch the sunrise in the morning from the patio area and see the little fishing boats set out. And in the evenings we would listen to the crickets and scops owls and watch for bats and a friendly toad.
The local beach is just outside the gate with plenty of sunbeds – and great swimming. There are two local tavernas in Astrakeri – with the Three Brothers literally steps away. The local supermarkets are excellent and good value.
One of the best things about Villa Nikos are Maggie and Des – and their family of four legged friends. They are warm, friendly and helpful, without being obtrusive, and we learnt a lot about Corfu life from them.
We would certainly recommend this property to anyone – you wont be disappointed.
Well appointed, well stocked and fabulous hosts
We have stayed in many self catering places throughout Europe, but have never stayed in such a well 'kitted out' property. The beach (just a walk across the path) was great and the sea lovely to swim in and safe. The position offers a great base to visit the many delights of Corfu. The local taverna's are friendly offering great food at reasonable prices.
Above all our hosts, Maggie and Des, were friendly without being obtrusive, and had a wealth of local knowledge. Their animals were friendly and well behaved and such fun !
We will certainly try and visit again !
You have found a little gem, or two
The villa is very tastefully decorated, has everything you need from playing cards to hair dryers to a fridge stocked with essential so you don’t have to dash straight out to find something to eat and drink. There is a large covered verrander at the back, we found it ideal for meals or just sitting reading, lovely gardens with sun loungers, not overlooked and very peacefully. You will need a car as shops are not within walking distant but you have two very good restaurants minutes stroll away. While the excellent beach, open the gate and you are virtually on it, is very shallow, great for swimming and not crowded.
The real gem for us however came in the form of Maggie and Des who look after the villa and live next door. They were fantastic, mine of information on where to go, eat or shop if you ask them, always there ready to help if needed and both with a good sense of humour. We really do want to return to see them and of course the villa, beach, etc in the not too distant future.
Perfect Villa; perfect hosts; perfect holiday
The villa was everything we had hoped for, and more..... a fully equipped kitchen, beautiful garden with a variety of outdoor sitting and eating spaces, comfortable living room with TV and two beautifully fitted out bedrooms.
The owners live next door - and were 'visible enough' to be there when we needed them, but no more than that.
The beach - just across the road - must be one of the emptiest in Corfu, but is sandy, safe and has sun umbrellas and sun loungers.
We had a lovely relaxing holiday, and would recommend this villa to anyone who wants to 'get away from it all' - but with a bit of luxury
Delightful Guests who we would welcome back anytime.
An absolute gem of a property in a perfect situation
Our reason for choosing Villa Nikos was to have a relaxing week by the sea and it provided that and more. The beach is 3 minutes from the front door and there are two good Tavernas very close by (but not close enough to disturb you) serving seafood and traditional Greek dishes. If you wanted to stay put for a week, it would be very easy.
Maggie and Des provide excellent hospitality and when we arrived, there had already stocked the fridge and cupboards with essentials to get us through the first day
The accommodation has been kitted out to a very high standard and is very clean. We cannot recommend this place highly enough. The only downside was having to get back in to the car and head home at the end of our week.
A Jewel of Corfu
Our second visit to the delightful island of Corfu, but this little hamlet with Villa Nikos nestled between two superb beaches is an absolute jewel of a location; even the weather could not spoil our magical holiday.
Maggie and Des take hospitality to a new dimension and we can't thank them enough for all the little touches that made our stay, home from home, much more than we could have wished for. There are two taverns offering great local cuisine.
As once famously said, we will be back!
Astrakeri is in the north of the island of Corfu, an unspoiled location which has two beaches on the spectacular straits of Corfu and mountains views of Albania beyond. This idyllic hideaway is one of the island's best kept secrets. Few tourists have discovered this tranquil spot looking out over the little harbour where the fishermen bring their daily catch
• 37km from Corfu Airport - the journey takes approximately 60 minutes. We do recommend you hire a car as there is no direct bus route. There are local taxis’s available if preferred.
• 6.8 km from Roda (5 minutes drive)
• 8.7 km from Acharavi (15 minutes drive
• 7.3 km from Sidari (15 minute drive)
Come and experience the delightful Island of Corfu. Villa Nikos is located in a hamlet a few yards from Astrakeri's sandy beaches and the sea, offering the perfect location for adults looking for a quiet and relaxing holiday.
For those wanting a more active vacation, the Villa offers easy access the some of the best sights the Island has to offer and explore, for example:
• Corfu Town will not disappoint (35km)
• The Liston promenade with its arcade, café’s, delightful shops and boutiques selling Greek and international goods.
• Saint Spiridon Church - patron saint of the island.
• Two Forts, old and new that guard Corfu Town.
• Garitsa Bay with a long sweep of top class Hotels and older residential properties whilst the Bay itself plays host to an astonishing armada of assorted private yachts.
• Mon Repos, famous for being the birthplace of the Duke of Edinburgh, a short walk from the estate is the Mon Repos Hotel which offers an elegant veranda to enjoy a relaxing drink.
• Enjoy a wonderful lunch by the water’s edge at The Nautilus Restaurant.
• Paleokastritsa (23km)
• Acclaimed as the jewel of the island and is indeed very pretty, the best way to see and appreciate the entire seven bay layout of this beautiful resort is probably from the village of Bella Vista high above
• Monastery at Paleokastritsa - watch the Monks making their wine
• Angelokastro 24km (Castle of Angels)
• Home to a fortified position at the top of some 300 stone steps (shades of Mama Mia) this place is spectacular and has a lot of history attached to it, It was the site of the first Beacon to be lit when invading pirates, Turks and other foes were sighted in the Straights. One after another a chain of well positioned Beacons stretching as far as the island Capital were lit up within 20mins and the inhabitants of the town were aware of the threat and able to enter the shelter of the Forts with time to spare and prepare to repel the invaders.