277 Peregrine Ridge Victor, WV 25938
This 3200-square-foot modern home has 4 en-suite bedrooms, each with a sweeping view of the forest and river 900 feet below. Built in 2010, this home takes full advantage of sustainable building techniques to provide a warm and comfortable environment for a large family and visitors. Floor-to-ceiling windows on the river side of the Cliff House provide unparalleled vistas while the slope assures privacy. The exterior rain-screen siding and all flooring are historic first-growth heart pine reclaimed by Mountain Lumber from a demolished factory in Georgia. Strategically located windows open to allow for natural ventilation when conditions are conducive, and all appliances are energy-star rated. The Cliff House sits on a 2-acre lot adjacent to the climbers’ access trail to the famous Bubba City climbing walls of the New River Gorge.
The combined open split-level living, dining and kitchen space focuses on the New River Gorge Bridge and outdoor deck with fire pit. The kitchen and dining area are elevated two feet above the living area to allow a full, sweeping view of the landscape.
The master suite has a wood-burning fireplace and sliding glass doors that open to expose the bedroom to the great outdoors and gorge views.
You will be just minutes away from Fayetteville, West Virginia, recently named 'One of America's Coolest Small Towns' by Budget Travel Magazine. Fayetteville is home to eclectic and unique art galleries and boutiques as well as diverse, independently owned, restaurants and eateries. Enjoy locally-brewed craft beer and sample authentic Central American fare at Diogi's Latin Cuisine or visit Pies & Pints Pizzeria, named one of the Top 20 Pizza Spots in the U.S. by The Huffington Post.
If you are looking to have fun in the great outdoors, look no further. The Cliff House is located in the heart of all things adventure. We are immediately adjacent to Adventures on the Gorge, a full service outfitter with three restaurants and huge pool. Book your endless fun activities there. With outdoor activities available nearby for all ages and ability levels, the Cliff House can serve as your hub for a fun, memorable adventure vacation.
**Adventures and Activities**
- World-class whitewater rafting and kayaking available on the Gauley River (Ranked as one of the top 10 whitewater rivers in the world)
- Family rafting and float-trips on the New River
- Renowned rock climbing opportunities throughout the New River Gorge and within an easy walk from the front door via a trail built in co-ordination with the Access Fund
- Nearly 10 miles of hiking and mountain biking trails accessible from the front door
- 13 miles of IMBA-built single track at the Arrowhead stacked-loop trail system (within a 10 minute drive)
- Aerial adventures, a high-speed zipline and an amazing canopy tour system is only 1 mile away
- Nearby fly fishing (and guided float trips) for trout and smallmouth bass
**Cliff House Specifications**
- Sleeps up to 8 people in four bedrooms each with private bath.
- Office has an additional bed if desired
- 3200 Square feet of living space
- Laundry room
**Cliff House Features**
- Deck with fireplace and outdoor seating
- Large dining table and complete gourmet kitchen
- Wild Rock Trail, just steps from the front door, provides access to miles of hiking and biking trails
- Spectacular living room, with large glass doors and windows for the best views of the New River Gorge
- Wood burning fire place inside, gas grill outside
- Adjacent to Peregrine Park and Bocce Ball Court and fire pit
- Outdoor shower for a quick clean-up after your day of adventure