Fantastic news - our cottage is in great shape after hurricane Irma fortunately and our Beach is as beautiful as ever! Location, location, location! Your search for the perfect beach cottage in prime location is finally over!
Our ultra-talented interior-designer created the light-filled 2 bedroom Villa Margarita beach cottage on gorgeous Manasota Key (the island next to Venice, near all Venice attractions but with its own island charm:)) Villa Margarita is only 1 minute walk to our spectacular beach & only 1 minute walk to picturesque Lemon Bay - perfect for kayaking/fishing. (free use our kayaks & canoe!) Only 5 minute walk to # 1 ranked attraction of Stump Pass State Beach Park (a natural wonderland!) & only 8 minute walk to 3 very popular beach restaurants with fun island nightlife & live tropical music. Sleeps up to 6.
* Walk to free beach yoga classes which our guests love! In prime season like most places in area.
* * Very attractive brand new heated, courtyard swimming pool with Massage Therapy jets & Glass-tiled Waterfall in resort's common patio area - enjoy!
- Villa Margarita is a 2 bedroom, open-concept beach cottage with 1 full bathroom with shower plus an outdoor shower with hot & cold water makes after beach clean up a breeze. More private than a condo, Villa Margarita is a delightful single story (no one staying over or under your place!) light-filled end villa in a quiet row of 3 charming beach villas - each with its own private screened in small lanai. Villa Margarita is our closest place to our great beach.
* Sleeps up to 6 in beds (including trundle). Maximum occupancy is 6. Or serves as a romantic, spacious retreat for 1 couple to enjoy. We have similar beach cottages in the same great area if your group grows. Reservations are first come, first served and we cannot hold dates until booked. We fill up very quickly. No pets. No smoking. Must be 25 years or older or staying with parents.
** We are family friendly & also popular with active seniors. Absolutely no student groups. Low-key, respectful guests only as this is a nice, quiet, upscale beach community. You will sleep well!
*Just updated by our ultra-talented interior designer, Villa Margarita beach cottage features a dine-in kitchen with granite countertops, stainless steel appliances, new range, dishwasher, full size refrigerator/freezer, microwave, coffee maker, garbage disposal, toaster & blender to make pina coladas.
* 2 cottage bedrooms with new designer bed linens, 1 full bathroom with shower and new vanity, plus outdoor shower on the side of Villa Margarita with hot & cold water. (+ many beach bathrooms at stump pass beach entrance near us) Small private lanai, new sofa sleeper in inviting family room with new Samsung, high-definition, LED flat screen TV. Relax after beach time with all premium movie channels FREE including HBO, SHOWTIME, Cinemax, STARZ, etc.!
* Chill out in our new patio conversation seating area and enjoy mint mojitos at our new self-serve Tiki Bar in common courtyard overlook gorgeous new Swim Spa & Waterfall. New kitchen dining table in kitchen plus bistro table on lanai. One bedroom features a king-size bed, the second bedroom showcases our new deluxe bunk set - twin over a full bed, then a twin trundle slides out under the full to sleep up to 4 in bunks. Efficient AC window units. No need to over pack - all linens & beach gear provided. Full size washer & dryer on premises in common laundry room. 4 basic outdoor showers in common area for easy after beach clean up. One of the outdoor showers with hot & cold water is on the side of Villa Margarita. * FREE AMENITIES GALORE! New Swim Spa & Waterfall! 2 Kayaks and a canoe for our guests to use free! Current guests report the canoe & kayaks have been an amazing, memorable way to explore breath-taking Lemon Bay! Just pop them in Bay at end of our short cute street - lots of dolphins have been around lately so this is a fantastic experience (I tried out the kayaks with my family. I was stunned when a dolphin came up so close we could touch it & then the dolphin dove right under our kayak thrilling our kids- it was quite the experience!:); New outdoor ping pong has also been very popular with our guests of all ages!
* Get the most out of your vacation stay with our free Insider's Guest Guide & new online Hospitality Suite - loaded with great ideas for local activities, golf/tennis, our favorite restaurants/grocery stores, day spas, fitness, water adventures, fishing, day trips, nature activities, shopping, museums/cultural activities. Free wireless high-speed internet access for guests who bring laptops. 2 free parking space for each cottage (no oversize vehicles). If there are children in your group we have a responsible local babysitter, beach toys & a large playground is walkable. Two Coleman folding camping-style beach chairs with 'Cooler' pocket on sides for your favorite beverage, beach umbrella, boogie boards, skim board, light-weight beach towels; popular board games (plus a great playground, basketball court are walkable). Very popular free beach yoga classes only 8 minute walk down our beach!
** Friendly, caring owners are very easy to work with and absolutely devoted to constantly improving the guest experience and property maintenance. Enjoy!
This vacation villa is part of exclusive Blue Starfish Resort (only 6 quaint cottages) in highly desired South-end of the Island location. This central island location is close to everything! Located on a quaint short residential street, guests walk only 1 minute to our deeded beach access on a gorgeous Manasota Key beach. Unlike other area beaches with erosion problems, our beach is plentiful and sand does not disappear in high tide! Walk the same 1 minute distance the other direction to picturesque Lemon Bay where you can fish for dinner, or take a serene kayak excursion. Only 5 minute walk to the breathtaking Stump Pass nature preserve with acres of secluded shoreline, kayak launches, and hiking trails. Take a longer 8 minute walk to Manasota Keys most popular restaurants & bars including Flounders, White Elephant, Lock n Key with live tropical music; boat/kayak/watersports rental stores; plus a convenience store and large fantastic public beach across the street with Pavilions, great playground, basketball court, and very popular free beach yoga classes. Golf & tennis options in our guest guide. Guests love this prime island location!
** OPTIONAL AWARD-WINNING HEALTH-CLUB & JR. OLYMPIC OUTDOOR HEATED POOL & SPA OFF-SITE-only 5 minute drive from us available for reasonable weekly fee paid directly to club (only about $60 for week family membership access with 1 free trial day & free Red-Cross certified childcare white you work out.
****ABOUT BLUE STARFISH BEACH RESORT...
Our charming Manasota Key resort, Blue Starfish, offers lazy leisure time along with adventurous fun, plus modernized villas created by our ultra- talented interior designer. Blue Starfish's blend of elegance and casual playfulness is owed to its harmonious approach to accommodations. The result is an authenticity that the typical modern resort simply cannot create. Your stay at Blue Starfish Resort will leave you with the sense that you've
rediscovered your beloved childhood beach vacations, but with all the modern conveniences we can't live without. Whether you stay in a beautifully decorated two bedroom villa or our darling studio, Blue Starfish's horseshoe configuration provides plenty of privacy. Blue Starfish's neighboring beach cottage options include: One 3 bedroom/1 bathroom; three 2 bedroom/1 bathroom cottages; one 2 bedroom/2 bath cottage; & one 1 cute open-concept beach studio with 1 bathroom & kitchenette. Community amenities on site: outdoor conversation seating; self-serve Tiki Bar set; 2 charcoal grills; outdoor bistro sets; laundry room. New outdoor Ping-Pong area; 2 kayaks & 1 canoe now available for our guests to enjoy. (adult-size life jackets provided - please bring kid sizes as they need to fit well if they plan to use watercraft) We just added all new cookware, new bake set, new place settings, new stainless steel range, new stainless steel refrigerator/freezer. Quiet, respectful low-key vacationers only as this is a nice upscale residential beach community. Popular day trips include Venice Island, Sarasota, Siesta Key, Sanibel, Naples, Orlando's Disney/Seaworld/Universal Studios; Legoland, Busch Gardens Tampa; Miami; Key West Express boat trips from Fort Myers down to Keys.
* ABOUT MANASOTA KEY
Manasota Key, Florida, is a charming beach town in southwest Florida, just 25 miles south of Sarasota along the coast of the Gulf of Mexico. A paradise for vacationers, you will fall in love with the beaches, and the laid-back attitude of the natives! Our vacation rental cottages on Manasota Key are all fully furnished, with free wireless Internet, all linens and towels, a washer and dryer in shared laundry room new Samsung high definition LED television, and a fully equipped kitchen.Beautifully furnished and perfectly maintained, they offer more than the comforts of home & are much more private than condos. You'll find your dream beach escape here at a reasonable rate. Manasota Key is known for its white sand beaches, scattered with shells and sharks' teeth, as well as its lovely sunsets and charming tropical beach restaurants with live music most days. The old, palm tree-filled streets evoke a simpler, less hectic time, and this attitude is reflected in the friendly locals, too. You'll love exploring our breath-taking beaches.
From wandering the seclude shores of the magical Stump Pass Beach State Park near us to dining at Flounders Beach Restaurant, you will love simply hanging out on the Key. We have many happy repeat guests and we want you to be one of them!