About the property
- Apartment1700 sq. ft.
- Separate WC's0
- Minimum Stay3 - 7 nights
3 Bedroom, 3 Bathroom two storey family apartment on the Silver Coast
Overlooking Obidos lagoon & the Atlantic Ocean, set on an elevated ridge, with breath-taking, panoramic views of the lagoon and sea from a private south-facing terrace.
On a small secluded condominium with swimming pool, tennis court (rackets provided) and children’s play area. Our penthouse apartment's on a quiet Private road with plenty of parking, providing easy access to our front door, that is only 7 steps above the footpath.
It sleeps 6-8 in 3 Bedrooms, (a double, a twin bed and a large attic room with a double and twin beds) and 3 bathrooms. A fully equipped fitted kitchen including; dining table, chairs, washing machine and dishwasher. Off a large hall and sitting room that opens onto to a large sun bathing and dining terrace. Tastefully furnished as our holiday home. WIFI, British and Portuguese TV channels, books, games, music player (iPod dock), DVD Player, DVD's and PS2 with games.
Terrace equipped with a dining table that seats 10 and four sun loungers.
The shared swimming pool (15m x 7m) is set in well-tended grounds and gardens adjacent to the children's pool and play area. The synthetic grass tennis court is only 20m from the front door.
Foz do Arelho village is a third of a mile away. Beaches. The calm, clean, salt water, Obidos Lagoon is a short walk and the Atlantic surfing beach is less than three minutes in the car.
Activities nearby; golden sandy beaches, surfing, sailing club, hobby cats, dinghies, wind & kite surfing, paddle boarding, fishing and four world class golf courses (Praia del Rey, West Cliffs, Royal Obidos and Bom Successo can be seen across the lagoon).
Culture & Entertainment. Nearby is Foz do Arelho village with a range of restaurants, great sea food, beach bars and shops. Obidos, is a beautiful walled mediaeval town (8 miles), Caldas da Rainha a spa town, with shopping and a thriving market (5 miles), Sao Martinho do Porto, a resort on a horse shoe bay (9 miles), Europe’s largest stunning Buddha garden (15 miles), Wine Trail, Peniche a large fishing town that regularly hosts the World Surfing Championship, The Berlingas Islands, Fatima, Sintra, Coimbra and of course Lisbon.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- English, French
- Calendar last updated:
- May 24, 2018
We holidayed in Foz do Arelho as a family of six and fell in love with the lagoon, village and surrounding area. As a result we purchased our apartment and visit here throughout the year. We hope you will enjoy our apartment and the area as much as we do.
Neil purchased this Apartment in 2009
Why Neil chose Foz do Arelho
The apartments are contained in five small buildings each of three storeys.They are sited on a quiet cul-de-sac with well tended gardens surrounding each building. All built on a ridge 40m above Obidos Lagoon to maximise the south facing view. The lagoon of Obidos is the largest sea-water lagoon in Portugal, and provides a wonderful aray of activities for active holiday makers. Or if you want to just sit on the terrace, as the lagoon is tidal and it provides an ever changing, uninterupted, 180 degree view.
What makes this Apartment unique
The shared facilities; Tennis court, swimming pool and childrens play area. On a small condominium where apartments are owned mostly by Portuguese people from Lisbon, that means the shared facilities are never crowded.
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date. 50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Had a lovely week, lots of room in apartment, fully equipped.
Great views from balcony, lovely area for family holiday.
Fantastic. Homely. View stunning. Fresh and clean.
Lovely locality. Obidos particularly lovely. But really enjoyed local restaurants and bars. Clam gathering lesson on beach particularly helpful as can now do here at home. Thank you to wonderful woman on beach who managed to undetstand hand gestures. Such a friendly family place to visit. Longer next time. Thanks Alison Maria and Neill.
We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay in our apartment. Thank you for the comments "View stunning. Fresh and clean". Do come back again.
Thank you Aleida
Great location with amazing views!
We had a lovely holiday and hope to return again very soon.
Stunning views over the Lagoon of Óbidos
Absolutely spectacular location looking out over the Lagoon of Óbidos and Atlantic Ocean and further to the hills beyond. The apartment is very spacious and well equipped with 3 separate bathrooms. The south facing terrace provides wonderful views and is a great place to enjoy al fresco dining and to watch the sunset behind a glass of very reasonable Portguese wine. Restaurants on the beach are within easy walking distance as are a number in the town of Foz do Arelho. Not to mention a tennis court a stone's throw from the front door and outstanding golf courses within a 30 minute vicinity.
Beautiful property and views!!!
Incredible views from the terrace!!!!
A tennis court and swimming pool right next to the apartment ensured we stayed active throughout our trip, along with quality golf courses Praia d'El Rey and Royal Óbidos nearby.
The lagoon and sea are stunning and offer a range of activities from sailing to kitesurfing and even surfing.
Property was very clean and well maintained. Have already recommend to friends and family and our already booking our next trip:)
Thank you again Neil & Maria:)
Amazing view, wonderful surroundings
We spent all day on the terrace looking at the view- breathtaking! One of the most comfortable holiday apartments we've ever stayed in. The surf club down the road kept us all entertained for the whole two weeks and cocktails at the beach bar was a perfect way to end the day. We will be booking again next year!
For more details of the area see websites;
www.fozdoarelho.net village of Foz do Arelho
www.cm-caldas-rainha.pt Town of Caldas da Rainha
Foz do Arelho beach, one mile. On the Atlantic side the waves can be intimidating but on the lagoon side it will be calm and safe, but both accessible from the same point on the beach. We like it at low tide.
www.royalobidos.com , www.bomsucesso.net & www.westcliffs.com Golf courses visible across the lagoon
www.praia-del-rey.com Golf course beyond the lagoon. For best value golf bookings we use www.teetimes.pt
SAILING, WIND SURFING, KITESURFING, CANOEING, PADDLE BOARDING
http://escoladeveladalagoa.com. Sailing club, 1km with great views, atmosphere, cocktails and delicious snacks.
There are a lot of good restaurants in the area. Reviews on Expedia and TripAdvisor are comprehensive.
We have our own favourites for various reasons that depend on our; mood, needs and budget for the occasion. Not all the restaurants have websites, so we have listed them below.
• Central Café in the centre of Foz do Arelho. Good value, great steaks, chicken and fish. Good atmosphere, the hub of the village and good for timing your meal around sport on the TV. Don’t be put off by the look of a “Cantina”.
• Tavola. On Facebook. On the road into Foz near Tibino below. A good range of menu. Excellent food especially the pork with clams.
• Tibino. On Facebook. On the road into Foz from Caldas. Cosier dining with good service.
• Cais da Praia. www.caisdapraia.com . On the sea front, great views. Good for drinks and snacks
• Cabana do Pescador. On Facebook. On the sea front, the best sea food in Foz do Arelho, great views.
• Restaurant Europa. On Facebook. Next to Pescador (above) on the sea front, good food, great views. Mixed reviews but we’ve never had a bad meal.
• Most restaurant on the sea front have a good range of menus from snacks to steaks and are generally good.
• Restaurante A Lareira, www.restaurantealareira.com. About 2.5 miles outside Foz just off the road to Caldas. Look for the sign post. A good attempt at fine dining in Portugal.
• Solar Dos Amigos, www.solardosamigos.com .About 20 minutes away. An excellent meat restaurant, where huge steaks are cooked over an open fire. Not to be missed! Very Portuguese atmosphere, book ahead in high season.
• Buddha Eden Garden in Bombarral. www.bacalhoa.com. It is a winery and a Buddha Garden that has to be seen to be believed. Created by one of the richest men in Portugal, an oriental garden with around 35 hectares of land was created to replace the destruction of the Buddha’s of Bamyan in Afghanistan. Possibly the choice for a day of indifferent weather, but not to be missed. You will end your visit by being truly amazed but if like us, slightly puzzled.
• Obidos. WWW.ObidosPortugalGuide.com About 15km. A walled mediaeval village. It is in Portugal’s top tourist attractions and a must on your visit, despite the other day trippers.
• Caldas da Rainha. A large nearby town that is accused of being grey. But it is a working Portuguese market town, with supermarkets, a fruit and fish market and a host of local shops. Great for shopping, many hidden gems and gives an insight into the real Portugal. (E.g. for pottery; Pottery Museum, a 99 cents a kg pottery shop near the bus station, the Molde factory shop www.molde.pt and https://eu.bordallopinheiro.com. The Monday flea market in Rua Dr Viera Pereira)
• Peniche. A fishing Port, great surfing beaches that host world surfing championships. Great for sea food. Worth a day trip. Including boat trips fishing or visiting the Berlingas Islands.
• Coastal walks. Too many to list here.
• St Martino de Porto, a Portuguese seaside resort with an interesting horseshoe bay like Lulworth Cove, definitely worth a visit.
• Vimeiro, Lourinha. A museum of the first Battles of the Peninsular War (Vimeiro & Rolica). A hidden gem about 35 minutes away. A small but very good museum. Free at the time of our visit. With very informative multi language audio tablets and views over the Battlefield.
• Santana Sunday market. To get there take the IC2 towards Leiria and take the Benedita turn off. The market is signposted from there. It starts early and finishes around 2pm. A huge flea market where you can buy anything including; livestock, clothing, fruit, food, furniture, tools. Whilst there it is worth going 5km further to Salinas di Rio Maior, a village that has harvested natural salt since Roman Times. The village is worth the visit on its own but if you are there at meal time, in the centre of the village is reputedly “The Best Chicken Restaurant in Portugal” (according to our Norwegian neighbour) and maybe the original inspiration for Nandos. Facebook Churrasqueira Solar do Sal.
Additional pricing information
Rates are subject to change until reservation is made