|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
The Whiteface Lodge Resort and Spa is a luxurious AAA Four Diamond resort located on the edge of the town of Lake Placid in the High Peaks region of New York State’s Adirondack Park.
The quaint little town of Lake Placid (the “Switzerland of America”) offers a wonderful collection of boutiques, restaurants and lodging. Whiteface Mountain - with the largest vertical drop east of the Rockies (3430’) - overlooks the town across Mirror Lake. Lake Placid was home to two Olympic Winter Games and offers several Olympic venues (bobsled, luge, ski jumps, ice rinks, museum, and Olympic training facilities) to visit. The surrounding area offers abundant recreational activities including mountain and trail hiking, road and mountain biking, kayaking, canoeing, boating, swimming, fishing, cross country and downhill skiing, snowshoeing, golf courses, antique shopping, and even a scenic train ride. Lake Placid also hosts the iconic Ironman competition each summer. Nearby Saranac Lake hosts it’s annual “Winter Carnival”.
The lodge evokes the region's 19th-century heyday with a traditional Adirondack style wood-beamed exterior. Much of the timber for the resort was hand-milled on-site, and accents such as handcrafted Adirondack furnishings adorn the interior spaces, creating a wonderfully authentic ambiance.
The suite features handcrafted Adirondack-style furnishings, a cast iron gas fireplace, a fully equipped kitchen with custom alder wood cabinetry and granite countertops. The suite offers a private cedar and mahogany balcony with views of the surrounding mountains. The bathrooms are lined with Douglas fir beams, and feature a shower/tub (master bath has an additional jetted tub), double sink vanity, and radiant heated floor. The suite has its own washer and dryer, and the living room and bedroom have an LCD television. There is complimentary high speed internet connectivity and telephones throughout.
Other world-class amenities include:
- Piano bar and lounge
- KANU, the Lodge's 5-star restaurant
- Extensive health and fitness center
- Full service Spa and salon with steam rooms and saunas
- Year-round, swim-in/out, indoor-outdoor heated pool
- Indoor and outdoor hot pools
- 56-seat 'Surround Sound' movie theater
- Family Games Room with billiards, shuffleboard, foosball, air hockey & 2 bowling lanes
- Platform tennis and tennis court
- Ice skating rink
- Twice-daily housekeeping
- 24 hour valet & concierge services
- Heated underground parking garage
Awards include –
• #1 Top Hotel in the Adirondacks by U.S. News Travel
• #1 Top Lake Placid Romantic Getaway by Resort & Lodges
• AAA Four Diamond Hotel
• “11 Incredible Moonlight Dining Experiences”
• Condé Nast Traveler “Best Places to Ski and Stay in North America”
• Condé Nast Traveler “Best Ski Resorts and Hotels in North America”
• Condé Nast Traveler “Top 100 Resort Spas”
• Condé Nast Traveler’s Gold List, 'The World’s Best Places to Stay – Ranked first in New York State and the only hotel / resort listed in the Adirondacks.
• “10 Greatest Winter Retreats in the U.S. & Canada”
• Featured by The New York Times Travel Section
• Featured in Your Global Luxury Resource, Robb Report
• “Five Best Old School Ski Resorts”
• “Top 10 Ski Lodges in the U.S.”
• Outside Magazine “Most Romantic Lodges in the Northeast”
• Top 4 Hotels featured by Travel Section
• Travel + Leisure “America’s Best Family Hotels”
• Travel + Leisure “America’s Best Mountain Resorts”
• Travel + Leisure “Best Ski Hotels in the U.S. & Canada”
• Travel + Leisure “Best Winter Lodges”
• Travel + Leisure “Most Romantic Hotel Fireplaces”
• Travel + Leisure World’s Best Awards “Top 50 Resorts in the U.S. & Canada”
• “Six Glamorous Rustic Resorts”
• “Top 10 American Spa Hotels”
• U.S. News & World Report “Best Hotels in U.S.A.”
• Wine Spectator Magazine Award of Excellence
Great family spot, tons of great amenities especially the Canoe club to enjoy, friendly service and the unit was spot on, great corner unit full of charm. Highly recommended
We had a fantastic long weekend in this large 3 bedroom, corner suite, at Whiteface Lodge. The suite is beautiful, comfortable and clean. It's very private and quiet with a large balcony facing the mountains that receives the afternoon and evening sun. The resort is amazingly beautiful with incredible facilities and activities for adults and children. The staff are all exceptional - we felt very well treated. The owner of the suite is also great - very responsive and easy to work with. The booking, check in and check out were a breeze. We can't wait to go back!!
This suite at the whiteface lodge is outstanding. 3 large bedrooms on two floors, plus a large living space and kitchen. Perfect for a large family, or two small families. This suite is at the end of the hall, so it is very quiet. It also has great views of the ice skating rink and surrounding mountains. Finally, the owner of this suite is great to deal with. Highly recommended!!!
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
21 Mar 2017 - 23 Mar 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Rates include all fees, Kamp Kanu & daily maid service.