If you're looking for unimpeded, sweeping beach views with ultimate privacy, Island Beach Club P6D is for you. You just can't get more 'beach front' and still be inside. Our top floor, west-end corner unit is built closer to the beach than neighboring buildings, so views are superb.
****Special Design Features enhance the view****
Most condo complexes with water frontage have long rectangular floor plans with the narrow side facing the prime view. This allows the developer maximum number of prime view units but creates a boxcar-like feel. Island Beach Club units are nearly square with floor-to-ceiling window-walls. In "D" Building, those window walls provide a breathtaking view of the water.
****Unique features of P6D***
Because it's located on the top floor, there is maximum privacy and quiet. A "reversed floor plan," unique to only 2 other units at Island Beach Club provides especially welcome privacy and quiet. No one walks by your front door unless they are coming to visit you.
From November through February, you can see the sun rise and set from the lanai. The effect is magic and will stay with you long after your vacation is over. Take a look at our VIDEO to get an even better feel for this special place.
Our 2 bedroom, 2 bath, top floor, west-end corner unit is very well equipped: High speed internet, floor to ceiling windows (with electric shades) that bring the views into your living room, full-size washer & dryer, granite counters in a gourmet kitchen, excellent quality knives and an electric knife sharpener to keep them sharp. There is filtered water on the refrigerator door and at the kitchen sink so you don't need to bring bottled water. Also a blender and a coffee grinder to grind your beans.
If the views don't keep you occupied, you'll find board games and puzzles plus 3 substantial sized TV's, each with a VCR and DVD player. We subscribe to a high-end cable TV package with a huge channel selection. The living room has a stereo with cables to connect to your cellphone or portable player. There is also a CD player with about 40 CDs in our library.
Master bedroom has a king bed. Two twin beds in the guest bedroom. We intentionally do not have a pull-out bed in the living room, so maximum occupancy is four.
Need some office time--with a gorgeous Gulf-view? There's a convenient desk in the master bedroom with slide-out shelves at keyboard-height for your laptop, power outlets and USB ports. A desktop phone has speakerphone and auto redial. Our high speed dedicated WiFi provides excellent internet access. There's even a wireless printer with copy/scan/fax capability.
Our storage closet in the parking garage has beach chairs, loungers, umbrella, floats and assorted beach toys. We provide beach towels in our linen closet.
There is a convenient elevator.
Unlike most units at Island Beach Club, this unit has a reversed floor plan -- no neighboring units can see into the living room or lanai. Also, no one passes your front door unless they are coming to see you. Electric shades on the living room windows are easy to operate in the unlikely event you want even more privacy.
Guests remember the magic of Island Beach Club P6D and many return year-after-year. People are voting for this condo with their rental dollars -- perhaps the best measure of value.
We normally do not permit bookings farther ahead than one year to protect guests who may wish to re-book the same week(s). Our calendar is accurate. We update it every day.
We have found--from years of renting vacation properties--that price-concern is highest before you see what you've rented. Afterwards, you either spend time enjoying the property or regretting its shortcomings that produced the lower price. Our rates reflect the quality of Island Beach Club P6D. You can find slightly (and considerably) lower prices but they come with large reductions in quality: of view, location, furnishings, sound of the waves and attention to maintenance.
If you find an open week and book with us, we believe you'll be delighted with the perks of a top floor, west-end unit, with its unequaled privacy. The decision is best made by comparing the actual view, furnishings and location of the units you're considering. Beware of properties that lead off with uninspiring pictures. Our view is what you're probably wishing for and we show it proudly. Be sure to click on our video if you haven't already.
WE PAY ATTENTION
We don't rent to guests until we have spoken personally, to assure we are both a good fit. VRBO makes this difficult by withholding traveler phone numbers from owners. We will work with you to make contact if we haven't spoken prior to you requesting a booking. After you book and pay your deposit, your phone number becomes visible.
When you arrive, we try to check in by phone to assure everything is just right. Our Sanibel-based manager is available 24/7 to handle any issues. And we promise quick action if there's anything we can do for you.
Island Beach Club is ideally situated on prestigious West Gulf Drive, about 1 mile from Bailey's Grocery Store, many good restaurants, cinema and shopping -- yet avoiding the heaviest traffic. It is also ideally situated on the beach -- well removed from the public access points.
Dedicated WiFi just for this unit provides high speed Internet access.
The beach is just steps away. We provide beach towels, chairs, umbrella and loungers. There is a convenient elevator, covered parking, a large, heated pool and a well furnished, updated kitchen.
There are good-sized flat screen TVs, each with a DVD player, in the living room and each bedroom.
*This condominium requires a 7 night minimum stay*
Obviously, we love our magic place and hope you will too! Assuring you find the vacation you want is very important to us. We make a concerted effort to assure our condo is a good match you. We don't want to disappoint anyone. Here are what we consider our biggest drawbacks:
1. SMALL UNIT This condo is 1,195 sq ft -- large enough to accommodate no more than 4 occupants, in our opinion. Many other Island Beach Club units permit 6 occupants -- we do not.
2. SMALL MASTER BATHROOM Island Beach Club was built in 1976 and bathroom standards have evolved markedly since then. There is a single sink and much less room than typically offered today.
3. NOT A PARTY PLACE Neither Sanibel, nor our unit are appropriate or satisfying for spring-break-type party people. The town has few bars and nightlife generally ends by 9-10pm. If you're looking for more action, you would be happier with Ft. Myers Beach.
Sanibel is for nature lovers, readers and sea shell collectors, for bicycle riding on protected bike paths, for birding enthusiasts, sun lovers, kayakers/canoeists, beach walkers and those who appreciate low-rise vs high-rise buildings.
4. SUMMER NO-SEE-UMS These tiny, biting bugs occur more frequently in summer months and can chase you off the beach late in the day. Not much of a problem during the day, they can even intrude through the screens on the lanai at dusk. They do not come inside the unit in our experience -- probably because the slider doors are mostly closed in summer for air conditioning. Our laundry room usually has lots of bug sprays left behind by departing guests.
5. RED TIDE An occurrence of red tide in late 2017 has lingered for a year and severely intensified in July 2018 creating a bad fish-kill. Sanibel, to its great credit, took strong clean-up action and the beach is being kept very clean. But the red tide algae are still being detected in our waters. Fran and I still enjoy our magic condo as much as ever--the views are still magnificent--but you should check the red tide status independently to make an informed decision. We are happy to help provide information sources.