The exciting Volcanoes National Park is the perfect place to start a trip to the Big Island. The adventures available in this area of the island are many and you won't want to feel rushed.
The Breeze of Paradise vacation rental offers the perfect place to relax and recharge for more adventures.
Surrounded by tall Ohia trees, kahili ginger, and magnificent hapuu ferns Breeze of Paradise is the perfect name for this Big Island treasure.
The decor has just the right touch of Aloha charm. The warmth of the wood burning stove will provide a romantic evening. WiFi is available for travellers with laptops.
Breeze of Paradise features 2 bedrooms and 2 baths; one bedroom with a King size bed; and another with 2 twins that can be combined upon request to make a king bed!
Cost: $110.00/Night double occupancy + $20 per Additional Person.
Children ages 3 and under under stay for free!
Ask about our 10% kama'aina, senior & military specials!
Stay 7 nights, get the 7th night free!
There's a $85 cleaning fee and 13.416% tax
Occupancy: Up to 5 people. 5th guest can sleep on floor futon or living room couches.
Rooms: Two Bath, Two Bedrooms- (1) Master w/King, (1) bedroom w/ 2 twin beds.
Complimentary: Complimentary coffee, tea and hot chocolate.
Amenities: Fully equipped modern kitchen with microwave, coffee maker, rice cooker, WiFi, DVD, TV, telephone, beach mats, beach towels, beach cooler. Outdoor BBQ.
Laundry: Washer and dryer available
Parking: Parking available.
Pets: No pets allowed unless upon request
We are just five minutes from the entrance to Volcanoes National Park. Hike across the floor of Kilauea-Iki crater or to Halema'u ma'u, home of the fire goddess Pele, or take a night hike to see the active lava flows.
Your Volcano Village location puts you 40 minutes from Punalu’u Black Sand Beach, where you may see turtles nesting and swimming, one and a half hours from from the City of Refuge, and only 40 minutes from historic and beautiful downtown Hilo with restaurants, shops, museums and nearby snorkelling beaches.
Amenities in the village include several diverse restaurants, 2 grocery stores, 2 gas stations, launderette, gift shops, art galleries, post office, a nearby local winery, 18-hole golf course and 'da' best Sunday morning farmer's market.
Made 30 days or more prior to arrival will receive a refund –less 15% cancellation fee.
Made 15-29 days prior to arrival will receive a 50% refund.
Made 7-14 days prior to arrival will receive a 25% refund.
Made less than one week prior to arrival will forfeit payment.
Typically, the places we stay on Hawaii, which we have rented through VRBO, leave me hard-pressed to describe how much like paradise they actually were. This is not the case with "Breeze of Paradise." I find myself searching for words that will adequately capture the disgust, anger, and disappointment that we experienced at the so-called Breeze of Paradise. It is far from any version of paradise any of us could imagine.
Upon entering the home, each of us (4 adults) was overcome with the odor of mold and mildew. It turns out that mold is growing under the paint, on walls and in crevices (see our pictures). If the paint job was intended to mask or solve the mold and mildew problem, then the owner's solution was a failure.
Aside from the cosmetic and odor issues created by the mold, there is the fact that the condition of house itself represents a health hazard. One of our party is very sensitive to mold, and wondered how a vacation rental could be advertised to the public without an allergy/health warning. I am not allergic to mold but I found myself needing to sleep in the L/R because I could hardly breathe in one of bedrooms using the pillows and linens supplied with the house. The pillows exuded the smell of mold and mildew. In fact, all the towels and linens are odorous. There were two large dehumidifiers present--one in each bedroom. They could not keep up with the moisture.
Then there's the issue of the lack of heat. We knew there was practically no heat--just the two space heaters and a fireplace in the l/r. We were undaunted by the description--two of our party are from northern Minnesota: the nation's ice-box, and accustomed to daily fire building from Fall through Spring. But there was no kindling and the damp firewood, which was supplied, made starting a fire with "fire starters" difficult.
The dampness exacerbated the cool temperatures and plunged the house into a bone-chilling cold. We were already using the dehumidifiers, but only one of the two heaters worked. And the cord and plug of the one that did work got distressingly warm.
Our complaints with the rental are many, but well documented by our pictures in many cases. Forgive my reliance on a bullet list, but we really accumulated a list of what was wrong:
• the odor, which was in and through anything and everything soft--sheets, towels, pillows...yuck!
• the whole place needed a deep cleaning
• toaster: it barely toasted the first English muffin, while burning the fourth
This is my second time at Breeze of Paradise in slightly over a year. I love this place and I think this is a solid value. The furnace is of great help for those chilly nights and to dry the air in the cottage. The property manager, Merlenna, is responsive and provide all pertinent information.
Last year I gave 5 stars but this year I am giving 3 stars for one reason: the housekeepers / managers / owners are at a point where they need to decide whether they want to maintain it in a pristine condition or whether they just want to let it age and becomes older and definitely less nice.
Case in point:
- when we checked-in this year, the living area had 4 out of 6 lights not working making the living room very dark. One of the light was missing its bulb. This should be picked up during housekeeping. Two lights were fixed during our stay but the remaining ones were still not operating at check-out 9 days later
- one of the master bedroom window "tile" is still broken. It was broken last year and I am not sure why it has not yet been fixed. I think it is mentioned in a couple of reviews
- the stove-top fan and lights are still not working. They were already not working last year.
- the two additional electric heaters are antiquated and need replacement. They cannot be run on the high setting or start making lot's of vibration noises after a few minutes. These need to go and be replaced by silent and efficient heaters
- one of the dehumidifiers was not working properly as it was never filling its water tank. Not sure what was wrong with it
- the ceiling venting system in the master bathroom is no longer operational (it used to be working last year). Given the high humidity area, this needs to be fixed as soon as possible
- the roof near the chimney develops a little leak which could be a serious issue down the road in rainy volcano. It was not there last year. The leak being right above the furnace, water drips on the top of the furnace. There is now orange rust on the top of the furnace. I think this should be taken care of asap or the property risk jeopardizing the integrity of its otherwise nice $2000+ furnace (the rust appeared in less than 12 months)
- please provide seasoned dry wood and tinder kindling to start the fire. Even with fire-starters, if the wood has not aged long enough, it is difficult to start (& full gas lighter gun)
Overall, I like this place and would probably return. But it needs more love and dedication from its managing team.
This house was beautiful and so clean. The outside was like living in a rainforest! Very very secluded!
I only have 2 negative things which aren't even that bad. The house is chilly but it does have a wood stove and 2 portable heaters. I just wish I knew how to start the wood stove. On the days when it was warm the windows were very hard to open but other than that the house is a gem!!
This was the ideal way to visit the volcanoes. We have stayed near Volcano twice previously in two other homes; Breeze of Paradise was the best. Plenty of room to spread out. Reliable wireless internet. NeNe geese pecking about the yard in the morning. The peacefulness of the area was enhanced by the quiet sound of rain falling on the roof. This was a great place to stay to get in touch with the natural surroundings of this amazing area.
It was a very relaxing evening by the fireplace and just being in the middle of the forest
Our stay was great. The house was comfortable and clean. The fireplace was great on a chilly rainy evening. Would definitely stay there again.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
1 night minimum stay
for 1 night
|Notes: Rates are based on 2 guests; add £18 per night, per additional guest|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£120|
$110/night based on double occupancy, plus $20/night per person. No charge for children ages 3 and under!
Great 10% discounts for 2 nights or more for kama'aina, seniors, kama'aina and last minute guests!
Stay 7 nights, get the 7th night free!