|Space||1,580 sq. ft.|
|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
NEW ADDITION, WE NOW HAVE AIR CONDITIONING.
A Beautiful modern Southwestern Spanish style home located on the Pecos River in the Village of Pecos New Mexico. Catch your dinner from the deck on the banks of the Pecos, grill it up and sit around the fire pit and enjoy. This very comfortable modern home surrounded by the National forest with many points of interest nearby. A visit to Santa Fe is made easy along interstate 25. Relax or fish from the deck along the banks of the Pecos River
Enjoy fabulous views of the sunset and surrounding area from the enclosed porch of the house. Bird watching is a must
The rental includes:
* Pecos River on the property with overlooking deck and fire pit
* Easy to set Home Security System
* Southwestern style open beam ceiling with large exposed Vega beams through out the hose
* Radiant heated Saltillo tile floors, extremely well insulated walls and ceilings, the bedrooms, and living area each have individual thermostats for your individual comfort.
* High Speed internet
* Direct TV
* Fabulous views from every part of the over 1/2 acre property, including enclosed south facing enclosed porch (sun room) and living room
* 2 Car, car port with plenty of room for an additional car
* Master Suite with Southwestern style furniture, Queen bed with plush firm mattress, Down comforter, Armour/closet, 9 drawer dresser with mirror, Alarm clock/CD player/Radio
* Second bedroom includes, Queen size bed with firm mattress bed, full closet, 3 drawer dresser, Down comforter, in wall fold-out ironing board with iron.
* 2 Bathrooms with tiled walk-in showers including shower heads and hand wands, master bath has skylight both have ample storage
* Full Kitchen with stainless steel appliances; stove, dishwasher, refrigerator/freezer, trash compactor, toaster/convection oven, microwave oven, Pure reverse osmosis drinking water, all cooking and eating utensils, large counter for food preparation/bar with three stools, skylight and of course spices, napkins, foil, baggies, normal stuff etc.
* Dinning Room, oak table seats six, china cabinet with dinner ware
* Living Room, includes Kiva fireplace, TV, JBL DVD player, JBL Receiver, 4 Lazy Boy recliners (one double and 2 single recliners), skylight
* Living area is an open concept which includes Kitchen, Dinning and Living room with beautiful views.
* Large Enclosed Porch (sun room) with 11 large windows to take in the view of the Mountain and River, kiva fireplace and two large tables with chairs.
* Washer/Dryer included, skylight
I have been involved in real estate all of my life and enjoy it immensely when I find a property that is just too good to pass up. This is that property
Tom Dadian purchased this house in 2014
The Spanish Conquistadors came to this area in 1680. This property and that of the whole valley where the land is situated was 'Land Granted' to one Conquistador; the direct descendant of the lady who designed and built this house, Evelyn Espinoza Varela. The land was given to Evelyn by her Grandfather a decedent of the Conquistadors who came here in 1680. Evelyn spent many weeks coming to her land, contemplating the design, making sure it correctly represented her roots. Finally in 2001 she set forth to build her dream house, an authentic Southwestern design. Evelyn, accomplished her goal and then some.
That is one of the reasons why we like this southwestern abode, you can feel the presence.
Yet, it is modern, another plus for those of us who have been spoiled with all the conveniences.
1. Fantastic location right on the Pecos River
2. In this Sangria De Christie Mountain but with all the amenities
3. Close to the historic city of Santa Fe; 20-25 minutes
4. Cultural activities abound
5. I feel more a tuned to nature out here. The pure blue sky with the puffy clouds, the Pecos River with the sound of the water rushing over the rocks; how peaceful that sound is.
6. The people living n this village are peaceful fun loving individuals that have a respect for the wonderful nature around them.
7. Driving up highway 63 to the end of the road leads you past magnificent camp grounds that offer horse back riding in over 200,000 acres, hiking trails of all levels, fishing, hunting, trapping, etc,
8. Skiing of all types is just a short distance away.
9. I could go on but suffice it to say that there is something for everyone in this glorious country
Our family of five(kids aged 9, 6 and 3) spent the most wonderful three weeks staying at Tom's place. The warm cozy house is very well maintained, nicely decorated and stocked with everything you need. We have stayed at many houses during our sabbatical and always appreciate when the owner make a special effort for their guests. Tom's place is on top of our list, truly a home away from home!
It's situated in the quiet Pecos village, a 25 minute/scenic drive from Santa Fe. We loved going to town for the museums and some of the best Mexican/southwestern food ever(don't miss The Pantry.) We equally enjoyed just chilling at home. The house is surrounded in lush greenery with Pecos river running through the backyard. We enjoyed many hours sitting by the river deck, watching the kids play. We had a lovely BBQ by the river and a bonfire on a cool night star gazing.
There are many trails nearby. We enjoyed the hikes in Pecos and Santa Fe national forest and a couple of fishing/picnics by the Monastery Lake. We also visited the Bandelier(the kids' favorite) and tent rocks national monuments, both within 1 hour drive. Lots of wildlife when you are out there, birds, squirrels and deers. We even had a close encounter with a rattlesnake which was incredible.
We had an amazing time at Pecos and everyone agreed it has been one of the highlights traveling in the US so far. If you are planning a trip to New Mexico, this is the perfect destination.
Thanks again for everything, Tom!
We enjoyed our stay in Tom's House and in Pecos very much. It is a quiet location with the back yard leading to the Pecos River a few hundered feet away. The kids were able to fish right from the back yard, we enjoyed a BBQ on the provided grill and had smores around an outdoor fire next to the River. The house is very clean and maticulate and with all the amenities, just as advertised. We had a family of 2 adults and 2 kids and were very comfortable in the house. The town of Pecos has a Dollar General and a Family Dollar stores for your groceries and any family items that you may need. The Dairy Queen in town also got a lot of visits from our family for ice cream treats. Don't forget to check out the Pecos National Park Visitor Center on the way into town for hiking maps and information. The State Fish Hatchery and Monastery Lake close to the house were pretty cool spots for the kids to visit. Santa Fe is a 35 minute drive and we made it often during the week. We also loved our visits to the Bandelier National Monument and Ski Sante Fe area. The kids loved the Bradbury Science Museum and all the history of the town of Los Alamos which is a 1.5 hour drive from Pecos and well worth it. There is a tremendous amount of hiking around White Rock, NM on the way to Los Alamos and we wished we had more time to do all the awesome scenic hikes. Tom, thanks for sharing your house and an awesome vacation experience for our family.
We have family in Pecos. We usually stay in hotels downtown Santa Fe. Very happy we gave this home a try. The house is fully equipped, peaceful, cozy, warm fire place. Fishing 75 yards away on property. The landlord Tom insured our stay was top notch! We will certainly book again. Thank you Tom
This beautiful Santa Fe style house sits in a lovely valley thats perfectly peaceful. It has a great deck that's right on the river. The House itself has everything you need, plenty of space and very comfortable beds. During the day, we could walk right out the back gate and fish the Pecos River. During the evenings we really enjoyed sitting by the outdoor fire pit and looking at the millions of stars. We were even able to grill some the trout we caught and eat right next to the river. Tom is a great host, and he makes sure all your needs are met. We can't wait until our next trip to his tranquil vacation home. The town of Pecos itself is small but full of charm. There are a few restaurants but we found a favorite. We ate several times at Mayela's and had some of the best red chile enchiladas in New Mexico. After catching our limit, we took an afternoon and explored the old Spanish mission and Pueblo ruins, just a few miles from the house. My son loved it. We also visited the historic town Santa Fe, which was a short 25 minute drive down the highway. Thanks again Tom, We had a great time.
We had a wonderful stay at this property in Pecos, New Mexico. The cabin was immaculate, beds very comfortable and the grounds were beautiful-wonderful deck right on the river. I've been coming to the Pecos River area since the mid-1960's and this was the best cabin we've stayed in. We've never stayed in a cleaner VRBO unit, and we've stayed in many over the years.
While in Pecos, we fished Monastery Lake (only ~ one mile up the highway), fly fished the Pecos River from Pecos to Cowles and the Moro River, visited Santa Fe, hiked and just relaxed.
We certainly will be back. I just wish this property was large enough to take family and grandkids to this beautiful area. However, we will probably take them anyway, rent this property and rent another property for the rest of the family.
The owner, Tom Dadian, was very kind and most helpful. If you simply need a 2-bedroom facility in the Pecos area, you cannot make a better choice than this property.
Terry & Shelia Claiborne
We have been to this area of NM quite a few times but never have stayed in Pecos. It was a pleasure to stay in this lovely Adobe home. It could be featured in a magazine! We enjoyed the sun room and being so close to the river. Santa Fe is only about 30 minutes away. We wouldn't hesitate to rent this property again.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
|Pet Fee||£8 + Tax|
|Property Damage Protection||£47|
Call about pet approval. $10 fee is per pet per day
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.