Enjoy an Authentic French Experience in a tiny hamlet in Southern Touraine!
Ideally located, "Haven in Touraine" offers an exceptional sanctuary and nurturing environment free from the stressors of a busy life. You’ll relax and be comfortable in a charmingly restored, rustic country cottage with a large fireplace and apparent beams, surrounded by a park-like garden adjacent to fields and forest.
Stroll or hike in the lovely countryside. Catch up on your reading and writing. If you wish to explore, "Haven in Touraine" is conveniently located for day jaunts to the castles and other attractions in the beautiful Central Loire Valley, and environs in the regions of Berry and Poitou.
Enjoy wide-open skies and marvel at starry nights after good wine and gourmet dining nearby.
• Situated at the end of a small, old-fashioned hamlet set in beautiful countryside: gently rolling hills, small fields with cows and sheep, vineyards and orchards, forests and woods, beautiful vistas.
• Full privacy, very quiet, no passage of cars.
• Charming restored rustic country cottage built in 1870. It's a three room open-plan cottage with a large open fireplace and apparent beams. The top floor has not been developed. The original two-room house was enlarged with a spacious cathedral ceiling dining room and kitchen. Warm and inviting!
- Sleeps two comfortably in a bedroom with a full-sized bed; there is also a twin bed in the living room. In warm weather, additional sleeping may be available in the small cottage.
- Fully furnished and well-equipped. Large library of books. High-speed Internet, printer, and satellite TV. All linens provided (just bring clothes and personal effects).
• Park-like garden with barns and outbuildings, surrounded by rolling fields and overlooking a forest, a true bird-watchers' delight. Small attractive pond.
• Excellent local winery and gourmet dining nearby.
• Local shops in historic medieval town Preuilly-sur-Claise 10 minutes away and in the lovely spa town of La Roche-Posay 15 minutes away. Large supermarkets in Yzeures-sur-Creuse (also 15 minutes away) and in La Roche-Posay. Colorful outdoor markets nearby as well.