This chic vacation apartment in the French Alps is equipped with all the mod cons, but has the cozy ambience of a traditional Alpine cottage. With a sweeping view, a Swedish wood stove, and lovely terrace, this is an ideal home base for world-class skiing in the sprawling Serre Chevalier ski area, hiking, indulging in the historic hot-water springs at Le Monetier les Bains, or exploring Ecrins National Park.
For your comfort:
2 double bed, 2 single beds.
Room No. 1 (12 m2), decorated with antique wood, large wardrobe closet with old doors and storage wicker basket, comfortable double bed, table and vintage photos, red loden curtains.
Room No. 2 (12 m2), decorated with old wood, shelves and closets with antique doors ups and storage wicker basket, comfortable double bed, small cabinet antique cupboards, Chinese red lamp Shanghai Tang, flat screen TV and player DVD, loden red curtains.
Room No. 3, For children, a mountain-area 'as a wooden hut: Two bunk beds (may be suitable for adults), wooden ladder, chest former storage, shelves, photo frames of time former Khmer skiing.
Un appartement aménagé avec beaucoup de goût et qui offre, dans des équipements modernes, le plaisir qu'on peut ressentir dans un chalet traditionnel. L'accès aux pistes par navette est pratique mais le cheminement le long de la route pour parvenir à l'arrêt de bus n'est pas très sécurisant. Une belle prestation.
Nice apartment, like the wooden chalet feel. Has everything you'll need, incl. coffee machine, DVD, WiFi. Lovely view of the mountains from the balcony. 4 minute drive into Monetier-les-Bains. Was perfect for our family with two children (12 and 10). Property was clean and well maintained. La Pastorale was our favourite local restaurant.
Serre Chevalier is in the Haute Alps, an area of staggering beauty – and, thanks to the fact it has some of the highest paved roads in Europe, a regular feature in the Tour de France. The ski area is enormous – comprising over a dozen villages – and perhaps because of that, more relaxed (and less expensive) than other alpine hotspots. It is renowned for its well-groomed slopes and pleasant weather – 300 sunny days a year. Briançon, the main city, is the European Union’s highest, and proud home to 17th century fortifications designed by Louis XIV’s military architect Vauban, whose works are designated World Heritage Sites by UNESCO. The eponymous baths – two hot water springs – at Le Monetier les Bains have been in use since Roman times and are now the centerpieces of an elaborate spa complex. And Ecrins National Park – France’s largest – boasts an incomparable combination of trails, vistas, wildlife, and tranquility.
3 minutes by car or bus (free shuttle) you will find:
- 250 kms of ski runs up to 3500m above sea level,
- A relaxing spa, unique in the Hautes-Alpes, water-based course Warm, springing from the depths to 45 °. you will find in space 'Grands Bains': saunas, hammams, jacuzzis, frigidarium (baths at 14 °), caldarium (hot 40 °) and many other activities in the 'SPA Institute', a range facials and body treatments and massages.
- Shops and cinemas;
15 minutes by car or bus (free shuttle):
- The town of Briançon,
90 minutes by car, Torino .
OUR GOOD ADDRESSES:
- You will find several grocery stores and supermarkets, including the sign
'Sherpa' in the villages of Le-Monetier-les-Bains and Villeneuve (La-Salle-les-Alpes) in the mall 'Pre-Long'
- For larger stores you can go to the 'Dia' or 'Crossroads' or the supermarket 'Bio' in the industrial area at the entrance of Briançon from Gap or the 'Géant Casino'.
- You will also find excellent local products to the 'Farm Guibertes' to the right of Guibertes bridge in front of our village.
• In the Guiberte Village:
- 'La Table du Chazal' to Guibertes
(Phone 04 92 24 45 54.) Gourmet restaurant, excellent meals, good value for money (menu € 29) service a little slow.
- The Alliey Hotel,
11 rue de school Monetier les Bains (04 92 24 40 02)
A place of rendez-vous for lovers in a casual style. Warm and discreetly mountain atmosphere
- 'Le Loup Blanc' in Chantemerle .
Tel 04 92 24 14 27)
- Le Refuge Napoleon, Col de l'Izoard, a spot of exception, to join in winter by snowmobile or snowshoes and return by snowmobile or sled. the food is good, the desserts are to die for. one can also spend the night (6 rustic rooms)
• On the slopes:
- 'The Peyra Juana' located in the area of Le Monetier-les-Bains
Phone: 06 81 11 40 26
- 'The Echaillon' in the Villeneuve area
- 'Le Bercail' (self) in Villeneuve sector.
Phone 04 92 20 69 93 or 06 77 21 49 67)
- The 'Great Bath' at Mônetier (. Tel 04 92 40 00 00)
- The Ice Rink at Villeneuve (Phone 04 92 24 73 20).
- Cinemas in Le Mônetier Villeneuve or Briançon
- La Route des Bains behind the drive from Grenoble, which is a pleasant walk.
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£419|
Ces tarifs sont indicatifs.
Dépôt de garantie 500 euros empreinte de carte bancaire (non débité)
Le forfait Ménage est optionnel, il est de 60 euros
La fourniture du linge de maison (draps et serviettes) est optionnelle, le tarif est de
Lit 2 pers = 15 €
Lit 1 pers = 12 €
Drap de bain = 3 €
Serviettes = 1 €