A QUIET NATURAL BLACK VOLCANIC SAND BEACH AND A NATURAL POOL WITH A NICE SOLARIUM ONLY 1 MINUTE WALK FROM THE APARTMENT ALLOW TO ENJOY A PEACEFUL AND RELAXING HOLIDAY, SO ...This is the ideal place for ROMANTIC COUPLES, PHOTOGRAPHY, FISHING, DIVING and HICKING LOVERS... FAMILIES WITH BABIES OR CHILDREN UP TO 2 YEARS OLD, too! We offer a friendly, clean and comfortable place. Two terraces right over the sea, facing the highest volcano in Spain (Mounteide), the Northen coast of Tenerife and the ocean wide. There is also a NATURAL SWIMMING POOL (one of the very fewest on the island) with direct access to the sea and a nice solarium only 1 minute walk from the apartment.
The apartment is fully equipped: a part of the 2 OUTDOOR TERRACES, there is also a kitchenette ( with all necessary utensils for use) , DIINING CORNER AND LOUNGE ( TV , DVD, sofa bed ... ) . BEDROOM WITH King Size DOUBLE BED, shower room (complete with washing machine for exclusive use of the apartment) . The property is on the 8th floor of a large building located virtually on the sea. Formerly , this was a great hotel, nowadays, individual apartments with stunning views of the sea and the entire northern coast of the island of Tenerife.
1) Tourist information of the island
2) Beach towels and sun umbrella
3) Baby cot, highchair and other additional accessories for baby care and baby carrier.
THE TOWN AND ITS ENVIRONNMENT
Mesa del Mar is a very small,safe and quite town (about 350 people).It is situated on the North coast of the island facing to West which offers fantastic sunsets while enjoying a warm weather all the year long.
Far from tourism and croud , the busiest part of the town has a wide free parking place. Nearby, there are two swimming-pools: one of the pools is natural and it fills and empties with the tides so that the water is always clean. The other pool works only during summer time. Nearby the pools, there is another walking path that leads to a small town called El Pris. The tour is only about 15 minutes walk and you get to a town that has a small old style pier, one of the very fewest that still exist on the island. In this town there is the opportunity to buy fresh fish or eat it in one of the restaurants.
Finally, we will detail some of the facilities you can find at the town: a grocery, two restaurants, a Diving club and a bus stop.
From MESA DEL MAR it is very easy to get to any place of the island. The TF-5 motorway is only 10 minutes from town and once there, you can easily get around the island:
* PUERTO DE LA CRUZ is a tourist resort (20 min . driving). It has beaches , theme park, restaurants, shops ...
* SAN CRISTOBAL DE LA LAGUNA World Heritage City (UNESCO ) , (20 min . driving). It is a medieval city with no walls around. It inspired the constructions of the Latin American cities by using the classic Greek and Roman canons.
* SANTA CRUZ DE TENERIFE . Capital of the island ( 25 min. driving). Cosmopolitan city that has the charm of a coastal capital ( Teresitas beach with golden sand , malls , shopping areas ... )
* RURAL PARK ANAGA (30 min . driving) One of the few places in the world where you can still see laurel forests which is the autochthonous flora of Macaronesia .
* VALLEY OROTAVA (visible from the apartment, 25 min . driving) It is an interesting place with typical houses and typical layout of the island towns.
* NATIONAL PARK EL Teide . (Visible from the apartment and 1 and 1/ 2 hour driving) the visit is essential . The highest mountain/volcano in Spain with unique landscapes, endemic flora, fauna ....
* The ravine and town of Masca ( 1 and 1/ 2 hour driving)
* The south of the island , tourist resort. ( 1and 1/ 2 hour driving) is the farest point. In this area you can find all the attractiveness of tourist areas (restaurants, beaches , casinos, hotels , leisure centers, shopping centers... )
This is a short summary of the most interesting points to visit , but the island offers a huge amount of places and activities to do ...