|Minimum Stay||3 - 6 nights|
This is our luxurious Big Sky Meadow Village home with incredible views of the Spanish Peaks, Lone Mountain, and the Gallatin Range. It is situated at the end of a secluded cul-de-sac. This 3,700 square foot house has been recently renovated upstairs and downstairs with high-end finishes, including a beautiful gourmet kitchen with granite counter tops and a large center island, wine cooler, and heated slate and hardwood floors. A baby grand piano and stacked stone fireplace compliment the living room. The floor-to-ceiling picture windows in the living room invite you to enjoy some of the best views in the Meadow Village. A private master suite is located on the main level with a beautiful heated stone floor bathroom ensuite. This bathroom includes a large walk-in shower, private door to the outside deck, and a brand new six person hot tub. You can take in the breathtaking scenery from nearly every room in the house, or, you can head outside and explore the magnificent views on over 2,200 square feet of decks. The Media and Game Room is located on the lower level and offers leather couches centered on a flat screen TV, surround sound, and a foosball table. It is a cozy spot for the younger generation or sports fans to connect and watch their favorite game. There is also a computer station downstairs for those who need a quiet work spot. The downstairs living area is accompanied by 3 bedrooms, featuring a queen suite with private bathroom, a king bedroom with deck access, bunkroom, and shared bath. Our house easily sleeps 10 guests and is perfectly suited for a reunion with family or friends. You will enjoy the comforts of home and be blown away by the sweeping views of the Meadow and the surrounding mountain ranges.
OUR FLOOR PLAN:
Master - King bed with attached bath (main level)
Guest Room 1 - King bed with shared bath (lower level)
Guest Room 2 - Queen bed with attached bath (lower level)
Guest Room 3 – 2 sets of bunk beds sleeps 4 (lower level)
Linens provided. Extra pillows and blankets for each bedroom. Pack n Play and sheets available upon request.
2 on the main level – a powder bath and master bath with double sink, large rain shower, heated stone floors.
2 on the lower level – 1 attached bath and 1 shared bath that both feature large walk in showers and heated stone floors.
Shampoo, conditioner, and soap provided. Plenty of towels available.
High-end appliances including Sub-Zero refrigerator / freezer and a Viking Professional Series gas range, oven, and microwave. Heated stone floors keep your feet warm in the winter while cooking. Fully equipped gourmet kitchen with enough cookware, bakeware, and servingware to entertain large groups. Service for 10. The antique oak dining table easily seats 8 and there is room to seat 4 more at the nearby dine-in bar area. A propane grill is located on the deck. Highchair available upon request.
Two televisions with Direct TV available. One 36' TV is located upstairs in the master suite. Downstairs in the Media/Game Room we have a 36' flat screen HDMI Visio with a DVD player and BOSE Surround Sound. There is a built in speaker system on the main level and on the deck which can play music from CDs or your phone/ipod/ipad. Free wifi available. Baby grand piano on the main level. Foosball table on the lower level. Brand new 6 person hot tub with state of the art filtration is located on the upper deck off the master suite.
Full service laundry room off the garage on the main level stocked with detergent, dryer sheets, and cleaning products. Garage parking available for one car with plenty of extra space in the driveway for additional vehicles. Ski racks and boot storage located in the garage. Bi-level deck is connected by two stairways and can be accessed from the left side of the house or through the master suite, living room, and the lower level.
Please no smoking, no pets, and no renters under the age of 25.
You cannot beat our location! There is so much to do in the Meadow Village, especially with the Big Sky Town Center less than a mile away. We enjoy walking the quiet 3 mile paved loop around the Meadow Village, which can be accessed by a rock staircase in the back of the house. Breathe in the fresh mountain air and look for wildlife as elk, moose, and deer are abundant throughout the year. We are conveniently located in-between the Mountain and the Canyon on a gorgeous bluff overlooking the entire Meadow Village and surrounding mountain ranges.
• Less than a mile away is the Big Sky Town Center where there is plenty of shopping, restaurants, groceries, ski and boot rental, and a movie theatre. If you are in need of skis, boots, or apparel – hop on over to Grizzly Outfitters. If you are hungry – try a sandwich at the Blue Moon Bakery or a pizza from Milky’s. If you are tempted by the dozens of locally micro-brewed beers in the area – head on over to the Lone Peak Brewery. There is a little something for everyone at the Big Sky Town Center and it is within walking distance from the house. There are about a dozen dining options available in the Meadow Village with additional restaurants located on the Mountain and in the Canyon.
• Less than a mile away is Lone Mountain Ranch which boasts over 2,200 vertical feet of trails for cross country skiing, snowshoeing, and a fully stocked Nordic Ski Center. Or enjoy a sleigh ride and dinner as you explore Lone Mountain Ranch’s gorgeous winter wonderland by moonlight.
• Less than a mile away is the Big Sky Golf Course which is an Arnold Palmer signature 18-hole golf course and is complete with cross country ski trails in the winter.
• Less than 2 miles away are the public outdoor tennis courts. Private and group lessons can be arranged at the Pro Shop. Near the tennis courts is a large public playground with a water feature for the kids! If you are vacationing here in the summer with children, you should also check out “Camp Big Sky” which provides fun, safe, and enriching activities for all ages.
• Less than 3 miles to the nearest hike on “Ousel Falls Trail” which is easy enough for children and grandparents to enjoy a casual 1.5 mile walk through the woods on a groomed trail that leads you to a spectacular waterfall with picnic tables and benches along the way. The Big Sky area offers many incredible hiking opportunities of varying difficulties.
• Less than 5 miles to the banks of the Gallatin River where you can experience the peace and tranquility of fly-fishing in an area so beautiful, parts of Robert Redford’s “A River Runs Through It” were filmed there. The Gallatin River runs alongside Highway 191 and there are turnoffs every couple of miles for fishing and other recreational uses. In addition, guided float trips are available on the Madison or Yellowstone Rivers which are only two hour drives away. The Gallatin, Madison, and Yellowstone Rivers are all blue ribbon trout streams that attract fly fisherman world-wide and are easily accessible from Big Sky. The closest whitewater rafting company is Geyser Whitewater Expeditions which is less than 5 miles away as well.
• Less than 7 miles to the Big Sky Ski Resort where you will find the BIGGEST skiing in North America, with over 5,800 acres of skiable terrain reaching 11,166 vertical feet. Big Sky has over 300 named runs covering over 110 miles on three separate mountains. And Big Sky is consistently recognized for having little to no wait times at the lifts. There are plenty of options for all experience levels, including a bunny hill and Ski School for the kids. And the 400+ inches of annual snowfall make for some pretty unbeatable skiing, boarding, or other winter sports you enjoy. There is also a free ski shuttle that picks up on the corner of Two Moons and Curley Bear below our house. Call (406) 995-6BUS for schedules and routes.
• Less than 7 miles to the Zipline operated at the base of the Big Sky Ski Resort which is considered one of America’s best zipline courses according to USA Today!
• Less than 9 miles to Jake’s Horses in the Canyon where you can find guided trail rides, pack trips, fishing trips, and big game hunting.
• The Bozeman / Belgrade Airport (BZN) is 45 miles away from the Big Sky Meadow Village and serves as the closest airport to Big Sky. We recommend that you rent a car but you can also make reservations with the Karst Stage by calling (406) 556-3540 or (800) 287-4759. 4-wheel drive is highly recommended in winter months. The scenic one-hour drive from Bozeman to Big Sky begins in the canyon as you drive alongside the Gallatin River on Highway 191 through the Gallatin National Forest. You might be fortunate enough to spot some local wildlife or identify a fishing hole you want to try along the way. During your stay in Big Sky, you may enjoy venturing back to Bozeman as it offers more than just an airport. You will find ‘bigger’ city amenities in Bozeman like malls, chain grocery stores, Costco, and a quaint old western Main Street with plenty of restaurants, breweries, boutiques, and antique shopping.
• We are located approximately 55 miles from West Yellowstone where you can enter Yellowstone Park and enjoy its magical and mysterious landscape via car in the summer or a guided snowmobile or coach tour in the winter. Or spend the afternoon in West Yellowstone and watch an IMAX movie about the Park or view wildlife at the Grizzly Bear Discovery Center.
We live in Fort Myers, Florida and discovered Big Sky in 1989 and have been coming back ever since. We fell in love with the sheer beauty and majesty of the area like so many others have. We are outdoor enthusiasts and enjoy hiking, camping, flyfishing, and downhill and crosscountry skiing. We have 4 children who made many childhood memories in Montana and share our passion for the area. We also have 4 grandchildren and enjoy watching them cultivate their love for the great outdoors here in Big Sky too. Big Sky holds a special place in our hearts and this house has given us a beautiful place to reconnect with family and friends, unplug from everyday demands, and embrace what's important in life.
Jana Soviar purchased this house in 1996
The answer to this question is self-evident once you walk in the front door. The view out the large floor to ceiling picture windows is captivating. We looked in BigSky at multiple properties for many years. This one has it all including view, amenities, location, and ambience. It has brought our family amazing joy and friendships and lifetime experiences. I think the phrase 'come for vacation, stay for a lifetime' captures exactly what happened to our family in BigSky. We hope that you are able to experience it for yourself.
There are phenomenal outdoor activities for every season at your fingertips. If there is something that you like to do, you can do it here in a world class area. The location of our home is ideal. You can easily walk to the town center to have dinner, go to a movie, arrange a flyfishing trip, or hear a concert at the outdoor amphitheater. Cross country skiing is out the door. Lone Mountain Ranch is almost in our backyard. The views at the house are to die for. They are the best in the meadow village. And finally luxury. You can enjoy all this in a luxurious home that has all the amenities. It doesn't get any better!!
For starters, the views out of Living Room are amazing. The home sits up on the side of a hill setting up fantastic views of the mountains. The decorating and furnishings are very Montana Cool and comfortable. It is a "home" and offers the comforts and accessories you would put in your own home. Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed the home and would recommend it to anyone looking to enjoy a stay in Big Sky. Big Sky is a must do if you are an avid skier. Unfortunately we were out before the season. But we will be back. And staying here if it is available.
We loved the location, the view and it was in great condition. We would use it again if we were back in the area.
The home is beautifully decorated and very clean. We had everything we needed to cook or even do a load of laundry. It's also a very good location to hiking, skiing and to Yellowstone Park. The local food is awesome as well!
We traveled with two other couples to Big Sky. This home was perfect for our group! There was so much to do -- hiking, fly fishing, rafting, etc. -- and this home was close to all of it. The house felt comfortable in a luxurious way. Beautiful furniture and high-end fixtures were great, but the views were the best part. While dining on the deck, we spotted herds of elk across the meadow (bring binoculars for close-up viewing). The views from the floor-to-ceiling windows in the living room were breathtaking. The beauty of the area is truly overwhelming.
We loved the openness of the kitchen, dining, and living spaces. If you enjoy cooking, (four of our party do), the kitchen is equipped with everything you need to prepare and serve wonderful meals. The kitchen bar seats six, the dining table could easily seat eight, and every deck was set up for dining / relaxing as well. The bedrooms and bathrooms were comfortable and private. Jana was great to work with and I'd love to stay here again.
Our family had a wonderful 8 days at this beautiful and comfortable house. The location is perfect, away from the village area with a spectacular view while just a short walk to nearby restaurants and stores. The house is clean and well equipped especially the kitchen, we enjoyed eating on the deck so much that we decided to drive to the Costco in Bozeman to stock up and eat at the house more often then we had planned. We did eat at the Lone Mt. Brewery, Olive B's Bistro, and Lotus Pad, all were very different with good food and fantastic service. Lots of adventures just a short drive away, the location offered a perfect balance of activities and relaxation time. Our grandchildren loved the lower game level and TV area and exploring all the decks while watching for animals when we were at the house. We adults just enjoyed the view and relaxation time when not active during our many adventures; rafting, fishing, hiking, biking, and zip lining.
All our questions before and during our visit were immediately answered by Jana, who did a great job of making sure our stay was a memorable one. We all highly recommend this house and location, without a doubt we'll return in the future.
We do at least two VRBO vacations a year and this is probably the best home we have stayed in. The views from the home are amazing and even better than what is shown in the pictures. The home is extremely well equipped (heated floors!) and is within walking distance to restaurants and the town center. Yellowstone is only an hour's drive away. The owners are very pleasant to work with, quick to respond to any queries and very accommodating of our requests. We will definitely be coming back.
Our home is located in the Big Sky Meadow Village very close to the Town Center. We are 45 minutes from the West entrance to Yellowstone Park. There are unlimited options for outdoor activities both winter and summer. This is a paradise for people who love the outdoors. Hiking, skiing, fishing, hunting, golfing, tennis, shopping, or just grilling and drinking good wine while watching beautiful sunsets. Its all here.
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£812|