Charming one bedroomed apartment which includes one large bedroom with queen size bed and walk in closet with large ensuite bathroom. Queen bed air mattress and toddler bed available. The living room has a wood burning fireplace and a smart T.V with cable and Netflix, Kitchen seats 4 people. There is a refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave, crockpot, coffee maker, electric stove top and grill. Spacious lanai with hot tub, dining table for 6 people and bar with 4 stools. Secluded back yard with patio, table and chairs, sun lounger, BBQ's gas and charcoal, and outdoor wood burning pit.
Off street Parking, walk to Arlington park with outdoor heated Olympic sized pool that costs $4 ! free basketball and tennis courts.
Very peaceful house, good karma, walking distance to a beautiful park and a heated outdoor Olympic size public pool. Restaurants and bars are a half a mile walk away. Can have a drink and don't need to drive!!!
Tracey was extremely timely, very easy to communicate with and make arrival plans with. I unfortunately had to cancel our stay, and she was more than understanding and refunded the whole amount. I was embarrassed to have to cancel, but she handled it better than I could have hoped for. We cannot wait to visit this house in the future. It seems ideal for us and our small dog. Thank you, Tracey!!!!
Tracey was very welcoming and went out of her way for us. The place was clean and stocked with all necessities. Overall we had an awesome family vacation. I'd recommend anyone staying here.
VRBO advises that writing a review is the best way to help travelers, so we will offer this information--as objectively as possible--in the hope that our feedback/suggestions may benefit any prospective renters, as well as the owner/landlord of this property. This rental has a lot of potential, but to make it true to its description as “charming” and “peaceful” with “good karma,” these are a few of the issues the property owner should address—before unsuspecting travelers arrive:
- Conduct a thorough cleaning to remove mold from the shower and bathroom windows, and repair/replace the warped window above the toilet which lets in insects. Also make sure that no cat hair, dead geckos or insects remain under the couch, bed, or bathroom vanity, or other unseen corners.
- Clean embedded, long-term dirt from screens, and replace/repair those that are warped and let in bugs.
- Repair the lanai roof to close the gap between the roof and walls, which lets in rain and insects.
- Empty the water from the hot tub and clean and treat it so that it is safe to use.
- Invest in an ongoing pest-control program to preclude insect infestations in the apartment.
- Remove the debris, junk, and thorny weeds from the back yard, and treat the soil in the garden and flower pots to eradicate the giardia which makes both humans and pets severely ill.
- Fully stock the kitchen and bath with basic amenities like microwavable and serving bowls, pots and pans, cooking utensils, towels, etc.
In addition, before another traveler rents this apartment, the property owner needs to educate herself re landlord responsibilities, health-code requirements, and Florida law involved in renting property. She also needs to develop the people skills to remain civil and mutually respectful when issues are brought to her attention, and to appreciate renters’ efforts to find remedies, rather than to antagonize them with threats and insults.
A final point: As our experience with this rental was so surprising and so different from that of the other reviewer, it's possible that it's the review of the friend whose possessions remained in and around the property during our stay.
I really liked the apartment. It was clean, walkable distance to stores etc. I felt very safe there, which is important to me because I was alone. The owner and her kids were the normal family...raised voices at times, but nothing to make a complaint about. Instructions for using the micro-wave, kitchen scissors,and instructions on using the tv would help others. Over all, if I go back to Sarasota, I will call this person first, for a reservation.
Arlington Park is best known for its convenient location with an eclectic mix of mid century to newly constructed houses, paved streets and plenty of beautiful old trees. The park, itself has a playground and gymnasium, locker rooms, basketball, racquetball and tennis courts, and swimming pools, the park offers a wide variety of classes and activities. The five access points encourage pedestrians from the neighborhood to take advantage of the half-mile walking loop.
There are people of all ages and all physical conditions walking, running, talking and socializing. It's a great neighborhood to walk in.
There are shopping areas and restaurants along Tamiami Trail and Hillview Street and Southside village. Westfield Southgate mall is just down the road. Sarasota Memorial Hospital is literally across U.S. 41. Downtown Sarasota and the Siesta and Lido Key beaches are within easy driving distance.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
1 night minimum stay
for 1 night
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.