|Space||1,400 sq. ft.|
|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
Bavarian style home on a 6 acre private estate on the river in the Sawtooth national forest. The house sits right on Warm Spring Creek with two natural hot
water tubs a log sauna and
three outdoor fireplaces. The house is fully equipped. The refrigerator comes stocked, firewood for the three fireplaces. Washer and dryer,satelite TV,Wifi and private parking. The house is decorated with European antiques and opens into a wonderful private flower garden on the river. The property has a gym, greenhouse with fountain and fireplace that can be enjoyed during your stay. Yoga, meditation,body work can be arranged for your pleasure. Private chef or catered meals also can be arranged also. Perfect for private retreat,wellness vacation, honeymoon and also wedding venue
wedding venue creating the perfect experience.
Croney Cove is the oldest homecamp in the area. Homesteaded in 1890. It has amazing history. Michael and Lisa have travel through out Europe collectioning architecture elements that have added to the luxurious environment of the home. It is a incredible experience to be out in the national forest getting to view the wildlife that is all around the property. To be able to go out your back door and access the surrounding forest. To have a massage on the covered bridge with the river running underneath is truly a magical experience
Can't say enough good things about the property or the people. This place was spectacular - just a few miles outside of Sun Valley in a secluded mountain location, the house is separated from the main access road by a private gated bridge across a beautiful creek. The scenery is tranquil, and the house, a huge 1 bedroom, 2 bath European chalet, is amazing and spacious. Two awesome fireplaces, Black Forest charm, and a fully-stocked refrigerator courtesy of the wonderful property owners.
The two private hot tubs are warm and inviting. You can choose to soak on the edge of the river or next to the original homesite, a restored 1890s log cabin. There is also a European-style sauna with lots of room.
Deer and elk were frequent visitors during our stay, often just a few steps from the master bedroom balcony. For people interesting in fishing, the property is literally right on the edge of a beautiful trout stream and within easy driving distance of several others.
This place is perfect for couples or small groups. The owners are very kind and attentive. What a great experience!
This is a magical property, and Lisa is an incredible decorator. We spent five wonderful days here two weeks ago, and really appreciated the stocked refrigerator, lovely decor, hot tubs, and beautiful stream. I agree that is is a singularly beautiful place, and the many buildings on the property have been treated with love by the owners. There are lots of special outdoor spaces around the property. You can walk to a hot spring, mountain bike, hike from the property, or just spend your day moving from sauna to hot tub to river over and over. Lisa provided fishing poles and blow up floaties for our children to use on the river. There is also dish TV with lots of movie channels. I highly recommend this property for the right kind of people, but there are a few things you should know before you rent.
1. Both the hot and cold tap water is sulfurous. Lisa provides drinking water, but you will be showering in sulfurous water, and cooking with sulfurous water. The water is perfectly healthy, it just smells bad. There is a very nice YMCA 10 miles away. We ended up showering there, and using the wifi (see #2)
2. There is no cellular service, and the wifi was slow and unpredictable (it comes through the dish). It went out repeatedly, in one case for an entire day. I believe they are upgrading the wifi.
3. There is no gym. Lisa says she took it down for a wedding before we arrived.
4. There are some mosquitoes and no screens on the windows. This is obviously not a problem in the winter, but given that the house is heated by radiant heat, it stays very warm in the summer, and you will want to have some air circulating in the house. If you aren't bothered by mosquitoes this is not a problem. By the way, it's lovely listening to the sound of the creek at night.
5. There are a lot of pets on the property, including a big, beautiful, and rambunctious puppy named Jack who enjoys jumping up on people, so those will allergies, or with children under 80 pounds, might want to take this into consideration.
6. The house while only a few miles from Ketchum, requires a 6 mile drive on an unpaved road. It's an easy road, but it is unpaved, which could be an issue with rental car contracts.
7. The antique stove needs to be lit by hand.
Again, I want to make clear that we loved this property. It's really special. I don't think we would stay again because some of the above issues were problems for us, but they would not be for everyone.
I went to a wedding here this summer. It was one of the most beautiful places I've been. On a wonderful mountain stream (bubbling brook) nestled between mountain within a national park. The cabin we stayed in was comfy, but the most notable thing was that, contrary to most places that are rented, it was filled with beautiful objects that lisa had collected in her travels trough the world. Most of all, Lisa and Michael (your hosts) are great people: smart and funny and helpful. I feel I've become a friend and look forward to seeing them again.
Croney Cove Guest House sits on a 6 acre riverfront private estate in the sawtooth national forest 8 miles from skiing at the base of Bald Mountain. You can snowshoe,ski,crosscountry ski, mountain bike, hike,fish right from your front door. Being in the national Forest in a private home is a amazing luxury. Natural hotsprings right on the property for your enjoyment. Spa treatments,private chef can be arranged for you.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.