|Minimum Stay||4 nights|
The Whiteface Lodge Resort and Spa is a luxurious AAA Four Diamond resort located on the edge of the town of Lake Placid in the High Peaks region of New York State’s Adirondack Park.
The quaint little town of Lake Placid (the “Switzerland of America”) offers a wonderful collection of boutiques, restaurants and lodging. Whiteface Mountain - with the largest vertical drop east of the Rockies (3430’) - overlooks the town across Mirror Lake. Lake Placid was home to two Olympic Winter Games and offers several Olympic venues (bobsled, luge, ski jumps, ice rinks, museum, and Olympic training facilities) to visit. The surrounding area offers abundant recreational activities including mountain and trail hiking, road and mountain biking, kayaking, canoeing, boating, swimming, fishing, cross country and downhill skiing, snowshoeing, golf courses, antique shopping, and even a scenic train ride. Lake Placid also hosts the iconic Ironman competition each summer. Nearby Saranac Lake hosts it’s annual “Winter Carnival”.
The lodge evokes the region's 19th-century heyday with a traditional Adirondack style wood-beamed exterior. Much of the timber for the resort was hand-milled on-site, and accents such as handcrafted Adirondack furnishings adorn the interior spaces, creating a wonderfully authentic ambiance.
The suite features handcrafted Adirondack-style furnishings, a cast iron gas fireplace, a fully equipped kitchen with custom alder wood cabinetry and granite countertops. The suite offers a private cedar and mahogany balcony with views of the surrounding mountains. The bathroom is lined with Douglas fir beams, and features a jetted tub, double sink vanity, and radiant heated floor. The suite has its own washer and dryer, and the living room and bedroom have an LCD television. There is complimentary high speed internet connectivity and telephones throughout.
Other world-class amenities include:
- Piano bar and lounge
- KANU, the Lodge's 5-star restaurant
- Extensive health and fitness center
- Full service Spa and salon with steam rooms and saunas
- Year-round, swim-in/out, indoor-outdoor heated pool
- Indoor and outdoor hot pools
- 56-seat 'Surround Sound' movie theater
- Family Games Room with billiards, shuffleboard, foosball, air hockey & 2 bowling lanes
- Platform tennis and tennis court
- Ice skating rink
- Twice-daily housekeeping
- 24 hour valet & concierge services
- Heated underground parking garage
Awards include –
• #1 Top Hotel in the Adirondacks by U.S. News Travel
• #1 Top Lake Placid Romantic Getaway by Resort & Lodges
• AAA Four Diamond Hotel
• “11 Incredible Moonlight Dining Experiences”
• Condé Nast Traveler “Best Places to Ski and Stay in North America”
• Condé Nast Traveler “Best Ski Resorts and Hotels in North America”
• Condé Nast Traveler “Top 100 Resort Spas”
• Condé Nast Traveler’s Gold List, 'The World’s Best Places to Stay – Ranked first in New York State and the only hotel / resort listed in the Adirondacks.
• “10 Greatest Winter Retreats in the U.S. & Canada”
• Featured by The New York Times Travel Section
• Featured in Your Global Luxury Resource, Robb Report
• “Five Best Old School Ski Resorts”
• “Top 10 Ski Lodges in the U.S.”
• Outside Magazine “Most Romantic Lodges in the Northeast”
• Top 4 Hotels featured by Travel Section
• Travel + Leisure “America’s Best Family Hotels”
• Travel + Leisure “America’s Best Mountain Resorts”
• Travel + Leisure “Best Ski Hotels in the U.S. & Canada”
• Travel + Leisure “Best Winter Lodges”
• Travel + Leisure “Most Romantic Hotel Fireplaces”
• Travel + Leisure World’s Best Awards “Top 50 Resorts in the U.S. & Canada”
• “Six Glamorous Rustic Resorts”
• “Top 10 American Spa Hotels”
• U.S. News & World Report “Best Hotels in U.S.A.”
• Wine Spectator Magazine Award of Excellence
Our stay at the lodge was nothing short of magical. We went in November for Thanksgiving and my husband's birthday. It had snowed the weekend before and snowed a few more times while we were there. It was the epitome of a winter wonderland. The suite was beautiful and well appointed. The pictures don't do it justice. The living room was huge and we loved sitting by the fireplace. The bed was very comfortable and we especially loved the heated floors in the bathroom! We've been dying to stay at the Whiteface Lodge and we're so thankful to have come across Kurt's listing and are looking forward to another stay in the future. The lodge itself is so amazing, so much rustic charm everywhere you look! The restaurants were good, expected a bit more for the money but not bad at all. Resort amenities were great too, loved the free cookies and coffee offered daily, the bear dens market, the spa, movie theater etc! Be sure to take it all in. Kurt was really easy to communicate with and very helpful regarding any questions we had. Thanks for sharing your beautiful piece of heaven with us.
My husband and I just returned from a two night stay at Your Suite at Whiteface Lodge> WE LOVED IT!! We own our own business and find it difficult to get away for more than two or three nights. This rental was perfect for us. The accommodations are the best! Pure luxury and service. There is everything you could ever want at the Lodge...heated indoor-outdoor pool, three hot tubs, skating rink (right out side our door), 5 star dining and a cozy tavern...not to mention room service and a full kitchen if we wanted to cook in. The suite is complete with fireplace, leather couch and chairs, king-size (very comfy)bed, maid service and turn-down service and a full bath (with heated floor) sigh, I miss it already. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will definitely plan to revisit as often as time will allow. Our favorite mini-vacation location!!
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
End of July week
28 Jul 2017 - 4 Aug 2017
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
Rates Do Include all Fees, Kamp Kanu & Daily Maid Service.