|Minimum Stay||4 nights|
When it comes to vacationing on an tropical island, most visitors always hope to be as close to the beach as possible. The Sugar Beach Resort is located in an idyllic location in North Kihei along five continuous miles of white sand beach. Guests love walking along the gentle sands for a timeless hour simply enjoying the views of the Pacific Ocean, bathed in the Maui sun, or looking for shells.
The complex is located in central Maui near major roads leading all over the island. There is no better beachfront location with easy access to the entire island. All major communities, shopping, and attractions are easy reached.
Besides the fabulous beachfront location, the Sugar Beach Resort also offers fantastic amenities. Well maintained landscaped grounds complete with Koi pond and flowers welcome you to the complex. A large heated oceanfront pool is rejuvenating after a day exploring the island. Next to the pool is a soothing oceanfront hot tub where you can listen to the wave’s crash on the shore a mere 20 yards away. The family will enjoy the grass putting green and the onsite deli where they can order sandwiches during a friendly competition. Instead of heading out to a restaurant for dinner, pick up some steaks, chicken, or seafood and cook up a tropical Maui dinner on the oceanfront barbecues while the setting sun warms you.
Three additional resort amenities include an onsite massage therapist (that can perform beach massages), a small convenient store for picking up items like sunscreen, beach toys, and souvenirs, and lastly a fully functioning tour/activity desk that can help you plan out and book all your Maui activities! Book your zip lining, whale watching, island tour, or snorkel cruises just steps from the condo! A short walk away is a small market, and an ABC store to keep your beverages well stocked. Or just cool down with some shaved ice also nearby.
For those considering a Maui wedding, an onsite bridal shop is delighted to assist, and the Maui Wedding Center is just a few minutes away. Your wedding, your reception, your photos, and your perfect honeymoon destination can all be at Sugar Beach.
For those looking for an outdoor experience, try the neighboring Maui Canoe Club for outrigger canoe paddling, or rent a paddle board or surf board and enjoy the surf at Sugar Beach. Try the endless hiking on the island to its vast beauty and variety.
Whales (winter months only), turtles and fish are often visible from the balcony (lanai), so sit back, and enjoy flora and fauna that Maui provides.
This one bedroom oceanfront condo at the Sugar Beach Resort is a spacious 709 square feet, which include a sunset view private lanai, living room, full kitchen, in-unit washer/dryer, and safe. The living room has a sofa bed, so you can comfortably sleep 4. Most guests like to leave the sliding glass doors open and listen to the waves break below while the ocean breezes cool the room. There is also central air conditioning in the condo!
Our condo also features free Wi-Fi so you can upload your vacation photos to Facebook, email them off to your friends, or plan your next Maui adventure! Enjoy cable television or pop in a DVD and cap off your night watching our flat screen TV. In addition, the unit offers free telephone service to the mainland and the rest of the island to allow you to easily stay in touch.
Call for 2017 Specials!!
This condo is professionally managed by an on-island vacation rental company. All responses will come from them.
Tax ID Number: TA-173-586-2272-01
Condominium Rentals Hawaii has been managing vacation rentals on Maui and Kauai for over 30 years. We service thousands of guests each year and assure that they have memorable stays while in Hawaii!
1. View of the ocean and beach - this is a second floor condo that is literally ocean front. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed drinking coffee on the lanai every morning while watching the sunrise and listening to the ocean. This is one of the few resorts on Sugar Beach that is actually ocean front (meaning no road between you and the ocean).
2. Location of the condo - this is a second floor unit, so it provides better views than the ground floor, but not so high that it is ridiculously hot. It is a corner unit, so you only have 1 neighbor. You see the ocean out of you lanai, and it has a large window through which you can view the pool. It is also right next to stairs and elevators, and just a short walk from the parking lot to the unit.
3. Air conditioning - worked great. I was surprised at how difficult it was to find a unit with air. The place we stayed on Kauai was actually nicer, but did not have air!
4. Location in Kihei - It is great proximity to the airport and other beaches in Maui. If you want to explore Maui, this is the best city to do it in.
5. On site services - there is a rental shop located on site that we rented beach chairs and cooler (should not have had to rent tho, the condo had really crappy chairs so we rented). There are also great people who set up a few excursions for us, very convenient.
- Let me preface this by saying the cons are minor. However, with just a minor investment, they could take this condo from great to amazing. I would still recommend this place, but will probably try elsewhere when we return.
1. Beach towels - Only 3 of them, and old and raggedy. W
2. Beach chairs and cooler - the beach chairs were many years old, rusted, and TERRIBLE to sit in. We tried them once, and then immediately rented. Also, there is a very small cooler that holds about 4 water bottles. People come to Hawaii for the beach. There should be a large cooler, and nice beach chairs/beach towels for use.
3. The bathroom was nicely updated but - why not finish the job and update the shower faucet and replace the nasty toilet seat? It's just a few hundred dollars to do the job right.
4. Dishes - no complete set of dishes, just cheap and mismatched. Utensils were sparse.
5. Electronics - needs new TV, not that we watched it much
6. Beach - We went to 12 beaches on Maui, and Sugar beach is the worst beach on the island. You will definitely want to go to other beaches if you enjoy sunbathing, snorkeling and nice sand
Sugar Beach Resort is a great complex that is truly beachfront, not across the street like many of the other complexes in Kihei by the Kamaole Beaches. It's got a nice pool and a grassy area right above the sand with chaise loungers so you can lay "on the beach" without getting sandy. Sugar Beach is great, small, quiet, great for swimming, with outrigger canoe clubs on each end that will take you out for morning paddles. There is an activities company that set us up with a great sailing trip and a cute little diner/bar both onsite. This particular unit is in a great location on the 2nd floor near the pool, elevators, and looking right at the beach. It's a decent unit; the bathroom looks like it was fairly recently remodeled, there is nice patio furniture, and the kitchen has most of what you need. Unfortunately, the stove/oven range is way past need for replacement, the linens (particularly the bedspread) is threadbare and even had a tear, and the bathroom towels smelled musty and mildewy. Thank goodness the property management company stocks the unit with new ones prior to check in or we would have to buy some. While they leave the basics (a few toilet paper rolls, paper towels, dish soap, a sponge, and even some laundry detergent), they don't leave a single other cleaning supply. A tub of clorox wipes would be the simplest thing to leave in the kitchen so when you stay at the condo and cook, you have something to clean up with. While we would definitely stay at Sugar Beach Resort again, we'd likely try another unit next time.
My husband and I planned a last minute get away. The rental agents got back to us quickly and everything was handled easily. The condo was amazing. The view of ocean from lanai was awesome and we spent most of our time there. Everything else in the condo was just as described. The bed was comfy and everything that we needed to cook our meals was available in the kitchen. We would definitely come back to this location.
|Res Fee & Damage Protect||£49|
If you cancel 61+ days before your arrival date, you will receive a full refund.
If you cancel 60 days or less before your arrival date, you will receive no refund.