1900 Sqft 4 Bedroom 3 Bath Home With Private Shared Lake
About Chris Brown
We bought this property, just to get away from it all, and also being close to the lake is always a plus. (probably about 100 yards from house).
Chris Brown purchased this Cabin in 2009
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date. 50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
The lake makes it all worth it!
We are a combined family of 9; 3 adults and 6 kids. This is our 4th summer staying here, and we love it. This place is ideal for a non-stuffy family, as this is just a few steps up from camping.
You stay here for the perfectly small and private lake. Swimming, lite fishing, canoeing, relaxing (bring your own SUPs - we rent them from Sierra Outdoor in Auburn).
Beware of the nosy resident neighbor Betty, who policed the lake twice a day to make sure we were following the rules.
No one but our family was even using the lake til our last day, when other renters moved into another rental house by the lake.
The cabin is very modest. Clean towels and bedding. But dusty and lots of bugs and giant ants in the house. With the lake nearby, you don't really use the cabin for anything other than eating, cleaning and sleeping. It's big enough for a big family or two to sleep and eat comfortably. We made lots of meals in the kitchen, which is basically stocked but we had to get creative with some cooking utensils and pans.
Go here for summer fun but not summer luxury unless you think luxury is quiet and amazing natural surroundings like we do!
Up in the pines
We loved the scenery of pines in every window. The beds were comfortable. The toilets and bathroom sinks were clean.
Unfortunately, it took a couple of days to de-grime the kitchen:
- molasses or something equally sticky had spilled across the shelf and all of the spices and other things were stuck in the goo;
we had to wash all of the silver wear; wipe slime out of the kitchen sink; under the sink was a bowl that had been collecting dripping water but had moved so everything was soaked (we pulled everything out to let it dry out over night and then put it all back; we had to clean the stovetop, hood, and handle (all filthy); we washed all the glasses before we used them.
- when we arrived it was pitch dark and while we knew the water would be turned off, we did not expect the power to be off. It threw us into a panic.
- Dead bat in the master bedroom (the window had been left wide open and the screen bent back so we think there are probably other bats in there hibernating as well.
- The beige carpet in the down stairs king size bedroom was almost black with filth... we brought the throw carpet down from upstairs to cover it, as it was too filthy to walk on in bare feet.
- The pier by the water had several young men lounging on it, so we couldn’t use it.
- We brought briquettes with us for the BBQ but left them for the next renters because the vent holes on top of the BBQ hood had been left open allowing the rain to fill the pit, mix with the ashes which filled the BBQ pit and turn the mixture to cement.
- The fireplace was full of ashes and the metal ash can next to the fireplace was filled to the top.
- We did not expect wi-fi but we did expect their portable Verizon house phone to work. It didn’t. We found out from locals that AT&T had recently put in a giant tower near Georgetown and knocked out Verizon service.
- The big couch in front of the fireplace was the most uncomfortable we have ever had the misfortune to sit on.
In looking for extra pillows, coming across an old one with blood stains on it was disgusting.
The built in heaters in the bathrooms don’t work so do yourself a favor and bring one with you.
- The direct TV / DVD player were hooked up incorrectly ( we fixed it). The remote control was under the couch.
We paid a $150 cleaning deposit and were not prepared for the condition we found the place in. We ended up feeling like they should pay us to stay there.
Lovely & peaceful!!
The cabin was lovely & peaceful. It was large enough to accommodate us all, yet with a cozy feel. The short walk to the lake was beautiful. The town is charming.
Great place to stay, relax and enjoy nature!
We had a great time staying here. PG&E did turn off the power due to wind, but we just wandered around and looked at property. Nice area,nice restaurants and a good place to get away.
My fiance, now husband, and I had the privilege of staying in cottage. It was incredible as are all of the cottages. It is very up-to-date and very clean. The owners are extremely welcoming and we enjoyed our conversations with them. This is a definite must to go back to. It is a perfect, fairytale place!
We stayed at Hillside cottage for Nature. The cottage was comfortable, clean, with great views- it was perfect! We would sit outside in the morning & evenings to take in the views before we began our day of exploring the area.
Make sure you check out the fishing not only at your private lake but at the reservoir just up the road.
Also make sure you go downtown and check out the unique restaurants and history of this town in Gold Country.
Don't forgot to relax next to your lake with your feet in the water taking in all your beautiful surroundings!