|Minimum Stay||5 nights|
You need a break in your trip in Bolivia or South América, at a more breathable altitud than La Paz ?
You would like to stay in a more familiar and personal ambience than an hotel ?
You need a quiet stay and you like semi rural area, but close to the city of Cochabamba ?
You would like to enjoy the best climate and food of Bolivia ?
Las Hiedras is your best choice...
Las Hiedras is located in Tiquipaya, a small village 20 minutes from Cochabamba, in a quiet semi rural area. Las Hiedras invite you to enjoy a safe stay, very comfortable and clean, in front of a garden and mountains, surrounded by contemporary decoration.
On the 2nd floor, 1 bedroom with double bed and its balcony to see the sunrise every day, 1 bureau area to work or listen to music, with posibility of 2 individual 'sofa bed' (max. 1m80). Downstairs, 1 bathroom with warm shower, the kitchen and dining room area, and a big terrace in front of the garden and fruit trees. (Total = +/- 50m2 + terrace 12 m2).
Las Hiedras suits perfectly for 2 adults (couple) + 1-2 children.
We provide to our guests:
▪ WiFi connection 24h
▪ Cable TV (+100 channels, with various international languages)
▪ DVD blue ray player, radio-USB
▪ Clean sheets - blankets - pillows, fresh towels. Starter supply of hand soap, toilet paper and tissue.
▪ Kitchen with all necesary appliances to be autonomous: fridge, coffee machine, microwave, oven, electric kettle and all the cooking utensils. The kitchen is fully equipped with glasses, dinning set, cutlery. Starter kitchen package: some sugar, salt, pepper, tea and coffie, sponge, dish soap, trash bags, etc.
▪ Potable drinking water (20l bottles on demand, 4 USD each)
▪ Washing machine, iron
▪ For family with small children, we propose a small baby bed.
▪ Garage: your car safe and protected from the sun.
On demand, with reasonable aditional cost: picking up at the Cochabamba airport (10 €).
'Las Hiedras' is located:
- 5 minutes on foot from the Plaza principal and Market of Tiquipaya, small grocery stores, banks.
- 8 minutes by car from the Supermarket “Super de Todo” (Avenida Ecológica #250), where you will buy everything you need for cooking.
- 10 minutes on foot from the Univalle University (Tiquipaya campus).
- 25 minutes taxi from the International airport “Jorge Wilstermann” of Cochabamba.
Public transport close to Las Hiedras (Taxitrufis), and 2 radio taxis lines arriving in 5 minutes to 'Las Hiedras'.
We, the owners of Las Hiedras, live in the same plot (another independent house) and are available to help and assist you during your trip if needed, to explain the culture, the evolution of the country, give you advices. We are both artist (sculptures, fotography) and will do all we can to make your stay the most pleasant.
Milenka, (bolivian artist - wood carving) and Didier (belgian artist - photographer and NGO worker)
Our 2 Kids...
Didier PETRE purchased this house in 2006
We really fall in love with our house when we bought it in 2006. As we have been living before in Europe, Africa and Latin America, we know the necesity for travelers or visitors to find sometimes a cosy and quiet place where to have a rest, to finish a book, to be completely autonomous and to cook by themselves. We would like to share our enthousiasm for the region and the Bolivian culture, and we decided to build and open Las Hiedras in 2013.
A classy and quiet house, just 20 minutes from Cochabamba.
I stayed in this apartment for 11 days, with my wife. I had a very relaxing and great vacation experience at this place. Its just a few meters away from small grocery stores and the Tiquipaya market where you can buy some fresh fruits at a very cheap price. The house manager Didier and his wife Milenka were also very friendly. Free 10L of mineral water available when I arrived which was so nice. The WIFI was also perfect and a lot better than the bolivian average connection. Forgot to mention the communication with owner was also excellent, fast, easy and worry free.
las Hiedras is a pleasent, clean and well equipped apt. It is surrounded by mountains and nature .It has easy access to the city of Cochabamba. The owners of this place are helpful and caring people. I really enjoyed my vacation at las Hiedras. Thank you!
The house is well decorated and very clean, but a little far from the main city of Cochabamba. It's a 30 minutes ride in taxi for 30 bolivianos, which makes it expensive to go to Cochabamba everyday and see a lot of stuff. The village of Tiquipaya is however really nice and you can buy whatever you need in the main street.
The house is on the same field then theirs, which makes it really easy to communicate, but less intimate. They have two dogs, which was great for me because I missed mine, but you should know that they will be in your garden and saying 'hello' at the fence of your balcony every morning.
Nothing else to say about the house itself, it was perfect!
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
|Notes: Rates are based on 2 guests; add £7 per night, per additional guest|
|Potable water 20l bottle||£3|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£90|
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.