El Neptuno is an 18 apartment condominium located in a quiet, upscale neighborhood 2 blocks from Sosua Beach and the center of town. The administrator is the best on the North Coast and our rules are enforced to ensure all the owners and renters enjoy being here. We are gated and have a night watchman to ensure security on the property.
If the apartment shown here is not available, equally desirable apartments are available and the administrator will send you photos so you can see the apartment before booking.
Sosua beach is a 5-10 minute walk, as is the center of Sosua, including restaurants, bars, and a small supermarket. A much larger version of the supermarket is a few minutes further.
Also, even closer, are a casino, full gym, and a disco.
You can easily enjoy a vacation at El Neptuno without need of a car.
For excursions, taxis are available as well as very inexpensive public transportation. Using public transportation you can go to nearby Cabarete for kiteboarding and windsurfing for less than a US dollar and to Puerto Plata for a US dollar. If you prefer a taxi, which charges based on destination, not number of passengers, drivers speaking English and Spanish are available.
The apartment, like all the others, has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, one of which is in the master suite. Both bathrooms have a shower. We have Wi-Fi in all apartments as well as in the pool area. The bedrooms are air conditioned and have a ceiling fan. There is also a ceiling fan in the living room, and off the living room is a large balcony.
AWFUL. property described as luxury...nothing could be further from the truth. OLD... very old...and tired...hard bed and terrible pillows. no views at all. BUT no sleep..because of slatted type windows...ie noise insulation NIL...so you heard every vehicle coming and going, especially motorbikes... or owls/pigeons hooting through out the night...alternating with several dogs barking throughout the day and night. six nights no sleep...horrendous place. never saw the person I made the actual original booking with,..FABIO. ant infestation in the kitchen. avoid like the plague this place
There is a lot to do during a Sosua vacation, including:
1. Sosua beach, best beach on North Coast
2. Cabarete 10 miles away is a world-class location for kiteboarding and windsurfing. Many pros from Europe train there in the winter.
3. Ocean World Marine Park in Puerto Plata has great shows, and you can also swim with dolphins or hold a 7-foot shark on your lap. Transportation is available to take you to and from the park.
4. Monkey Jungle, where you can mingle with monkeys or ride the zip line.
5. An excellent gym is a short walk away.
6. Many restaurants, bars and discos
7. Local tour operators offer a wide variety of excursions, including whale watching, deep sea fishing, white water rafting, mountain bikes on mountain trails, a jeep safari that includes a 28 level water fall where you can climb up the last 8 cascades
8. Jewish Museum, where you can learn about the 700 Austrian and German Jewish refugees fleeing Nazi persecution who settled in Sosua in 1940 and created a community out of the wild.
9. Golf in Playa Dorada or Playa Grande.
10. Sosua Casa de Arte for exhibitions of area and national artists.
11. Cable car to top of Mount Isabel de Torres in Puerto Plata. Great views from the top.
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£80|
50% non-refundable deposit to confirm reservation. Balance & security deposit paid on arrival.
Electricity paid by renter. Apartments have own meters.
One cleaning a week included. More frequent possible, but for a charge
Key picked up from administrator or representative. Renter told in advance who has key and code for gate.
Long-term renters welcome. Price based on when and length of stay.