|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
Casa da Laxa is located in beautiful land of Terra de Montes on the border between provinces of Ourense and Pontevedra. It was built in traditional Galician manner in 1875 on a granit rock in the veil of Marcofán mountain. Peace and natural beauty of the Castro river's bank makes this stunning cottage a perfect getaway destination.
Seating for 6 people, the house has 3 double rooms, fully equipped for your comfort and relaxation. Cot available
The ground floor has a fully equipped kitchen, living room with TV, fireplace and toilet. It has covered outdoor BBQ and picnic area in a large garden on the banks of the river. Wi-Fi and parking. There is a pool of river water, part of the river, 500 meters from the house
The location is ideal for visiting various parts of Galicia. In approximate distances:
Ourense 54 km
Pontevedra 52 km
Vigo 77 km
Santiago de Compostela 78 km
A Coruña 148 km
Lugo to 120 km
Una de las mejores casas rurales que hemos estado, y hemos estado en varias.
La casa impecable con todos los servicios cubiertos de sobra. Intalaciones limpias y muy bien cuidadas.
En el exterior jardin con barbacoa y un río de ensueño así como los alrededores.
Está relativamente cerca de las principales ciudades de Galicia, Ourense, Santiago, Pontevedra...
Mención especial a Marta y Pilar, por su trato y hacernos aun más agradable la estancia.
We stayed in the house in the end of August. Although some time has gone, it is kind to remember the time which we spent at Casa de Laxa. Perfect, quiet, calm place, suitable for deep sleep:) The rushing stream and mornings in the clouds - the memories which remains for a long time!
We would recommend this place for those who wants to rest from the fast pace of life and noise of cities and wants to mingle with a nature, enjoy the time with family or friends.
Our best wishes to attentive and amazing person Marta and many thanks for the great time at Casa de Laxa!!!
"The house and its various gardens were all fantastic, and we enjoyed spending time there enourmously. The house itself was very beautiful, recently refurbished to a high standard and regularly cleaned during our stay. At the edge of the village, it was very peaceful, with long views over the mountain ranges down the valley, surrounding peaks, and the rushing stream at the bottom of the garden. The stream and the garden had areas that were nicely shaded by trees when the sun shone too strongly.
Finding the house was easy, even though it was tucked away; clear instructions from the owners got us to the village, where the house itself was signed clearly. The final 100m drive from the road was very narrow and steep; fortunately, we'd only booked a small hire car so access was fine, but a bigger car might have to be parked on the road itself. The covered parking space we used was useful, as it meant the car was always cool when we went out, even at midday. From the parking to the house was only a minute's walk, and there was a trolley on hand when we had to carry suitcases down and back.
Basic supermarkets, post office and cafes were located in the nearby village of Beariz; better food shopping we found in the markets of O Carballino.
Our children are aged 7 and 10, and they loved the house, the garden and the stream, and we felt confident letting them explore the grounds and further afield. A few years younger, and they would have struggled with some of the steep paths, so i don't think this would be a good place to relax with very young children.
From the house, we went walking directly into the hills, we drove about an hour to interesting cities (Pontevedra, Ourense, Ribadavia, Vigo... Santiago was a little further) and about the same to several lovely beaches. We had a thouroughly relaxing time and would recommend this house without reservation."
"This is a superbly restored old farmhouse, with excellent facilities, a wonderful garden and a stream at the boottom. The house and terraces tumble dramatically down the hillside into the river valley; it's like English woodland backed by wild Balkan mountains. Wonderful. It is pretty remote, though; daytrips are possible to interesting places and the coast, but it's best for those who want to sit and read, or walk in the hills. Bring some fly repellant.
In all: a terrific, 5-star place to stay, and the hosts are kindness itself."
Un accueil formidable, une maison authentique confortable bien équipée,très bien entretenue, trés agréable.juste un mot dire: merci a nos hotes.
Une excellente adresse en tout point conforme à l'annonce
Un propriétaire accueillante et disponible
La maison est confortable, chaleureuse et très fonctionnelle
Jardin en terrasse, arbres; petite rivière, pont de bois: les extérieurs sont champêtres et verdoyants; un paradis ludique pour les enfants
Piscine fluviale à 500 mètres un régal
Les villageois sont hospitaliers et le pays fantastique
A une heure de route de Vigo et de Santiago
Un havre de paix; bref que du bonheur
Paved and signposted access
- Hiking - trekking. Possibility of guided walking trails requesting in advance, without extra charge. Signposted hiking routes to conduct walking or cycling in the area and surroundings. To view and download routes in the area: http://www.beariz.org/roteiros.php
Possibility of guided walking trails. Request in advance. No extra charge.
- Fishing. Wildlife watching.
- Nearby thermal tourism (Termas do Prexigueiro, Termas de Ourense, Carballiño Spa, Spa Partovia ...)http://www.termasourense.com/
- Wine Tourism. Located between three Appellations of Origin: Ribeiro, Rías Baixas and Ribeira Sacra. The closest the IO do Ribeiro and other two about an hour.
- Typical Galician gastronomy (restaurants and food festivals in the area)
- Golf Courses "Pozo do Lago" and "Pazo da Touza" located 30 km, http://www.pozodolagogolf.com/
- Water sports, catamaran ... "Castrelo de Miño" Yacht Club (Ourense) 45 km, http://www.clubnauticocastrelo.es/
- It is less than an hour from the nearest beach and Vigo. Scheduled departures by boat to the Cíes Islands from Vigo: http://www.mardeons.com/
- Discover the traditional architecture (granaries, mills, stone crosses, "petos de ánimas" (moneyboxes of souls, typical elements in stone through which the living offered alms to save the souls of their dead) or visits to the surrounding villages (Ricobanca medieval bridge, Mámoa of Xirazga ...) as well as the chance to meet the multiple samples of Romanesque architecture that can be found near, http://www.ourensemedieval.com/index.php #
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
arras/deposito de reserva, entrega de llaves realizada por propietario