|Minimum Stay||2 - 3 nights|
Located in the Blue Ridge Mountains directly adjacent to Shenandoah National Park near Luray Virginia, Point of View Mountain Lodge is a privately owned vacation home that is available for short-term rentals. Ideal for a romantic getaway, a family outing, or a group adventure, this beautifully restored alpine home accommodates up to ten adults. The large property is private and quiet, yet very accessible—and less than two hours from downtown Washington DC!
Perched atop a ridge crest at a 2700-foot elevation, the Lodge offers a spectacular panoramic vista of the Blue Ridge and Appalachian Range. It is within walking distance of the Appalachian Trail, Skyline Drive, several waterfalls, a pond, and the Big Meadows Recreation Area, which features a nature center, a historical stone lodge and tavern, and the Meadow itself. In addition to hiking, the nearby towns of Stanley and Luray offer caving, river rafting, fly fishing, Bluegrass music, wineries, horseback riding, duckpins, and antique stores.
Pet-friendly, child-safe, and wheelchair accessible, the large mountaintop house has something for everyone: the charm of a country cabin, all the comfort and conveniences of home, and the luxuries of a resort. Amenities include a hot tub, pool table/Ping-Pong, fireplace and free Internet, Wi-Fi, and streaming video, and the grounds have a play set, garden paths, fruit trees, berry bushes, and diverse wildlife, but it is the scenery and uninterrupted alpine views that make it a truly special place.
· Located in Page County, Virginia, 15 miles south of Luray
· 2700-foot elevation in the Blue Ridge Mountains
· Less than two hours’ drive from downtown Washington DC
· Immediately off of state-plowed, paved road, and easily accessible year-round
· Quite, private location is directly adjacent to Shenandoah National Park
Accommodations and conveniences
· Master bedroom sleeps two adults (queen bed)
· Second bedroom sleeps two adults (queen bed)
· Third bedroom sleeps four adults (two full-length bunk beds)
· Main room sleeps two adults (double/full futon)
· Two full bathrooms
· Full kitchen with oven range, microwave, refrigerator, and dishwasher
· Kitchen also equipped with coffeemaker and other small appliances
· Dishes, cookware and utensils provided
· Large dining table and drop leaf table seat ten
· Large gas barbeque grill
· Well-mannered dogs allowed
· Wheelchair accessible
Recreation, entertainment, and amenities
· Main room and master bedroom are both equipped with HDTV, Blu-Ray and complementary streaming audio/video
· Home theater and audio system
· Complementary Wi-Fi with high-speed Internet service in all rooms
· Complementary local telephone service (in case your cellular signal is unreliable)
· Slate-top billiards table/Ping-Pong table (please note that game room is accessed by an exterior staircase)
· Plenty of books, games, and toys for all ages
· Access to fishing pond within development
· Seven-person hot tub
· Large covered deck with panoramic mountain views
· Hammock and porch swings
· Children's play set with swings and slide
· Gas fireplace (available for use during winter months only)
· Fire ring/pit
· Independently controlled heating and air conditioning in each bedroom
Scenery and views
· Spectacular panoramic mountain view—over 30 miles on clear days
· Enjoy the view from the great room, large covered deck or covered porch
· Enjoy an unimpeded view of the dark night sky from the hot tub
· Abundant wildlife (e.g. rabbit, deer, bear, hummingbird, hawk, goldfinch)
· Peach, pear, plumb and apple trees, blackberries and grapes
Destinations within hiking distance:
· Shenandoah National Park
· Big Meadows Recreation Area
· Skyline Drive
· Appalachian Trail
· Blackrock Summit
· Rapidan Camp
· Dark Hollow Falls
· Rose River Falls
· Lewis Falls
· Naked Creek Falls
· Lake Meadows
Local attractions and events within 20 miles
· Swimming at Lake Arrowhead Beach and Stanley Public Pool
· Antique shops, movie theatre, playhouse, art gallery, farmer's market and duckpin bowling in downtown Luray
· Luray Caverns, featuring: Car Museum, Museum of Shenandoah Culture, Garden Maze, Car & Carriage Museum, Gem Sluice, Toy Town Junction, and Rope Adventure Park
· Luray Zoo
· Luray Singing Tower Carillion
· Canoeing, rafting, kayaking and fly fishing on the Shenandoah River
· Horseback riding at Jordan Hollow or Skyland
· Food Lion and Walmart
· Skiing at Massanutten Ski Resort and Water Park (30 miles) and Bryce Four-Season Resort (40 miles)
We used to live in the greater Washington DC area, and really enjoyed our mountain home and the surrounding areas. We recently moved down to Florida to be closer to the family but we are fortunate to have a great friend who helps taking care of our property so we are able to share this wonderful property with our quests. We hope you will enjoy staying at our mountain retreat as much as we did.
Carl and Poy Hallinan purchased this cabin in 2005
We spent so many weekends in Shenandoah National Park that we decided to buy a home there. Now that we have a family, we don't get up there as often. We decided it should not go to waste, and that we should share it with others.
We never tired of the views--we have hundreds of sunset photos, the fall colors are brilliant, and the snowscapes are magical!
I just wanted to thank you for letting us use your amazing cabin last week. We have spent most of our vacations camping in a pop-up camper, which is fun but a bit crowded for four adults. Due to my recent surgery, we decided to try to find a less stressful way to spend our vacation this summer. I'm afraid you may have spoiled my family and they'll expect this kind of luxury in the future!
I don't know who did the photography on your web sites, but it is amazing. I had narrowed down my search to three possibilities, but chose yours on the basis of your pictures, not only for the amazing views but for the thoroughness of being able to see every room--I like to see what I'm getting into and when the other web sites didn't show us the bedrooms or the bath rooms, I was drawn to your place.
Of course no pictures could do justice to the amazing beauty of your location. To rise every morning to those ever changing mountain views, to watch the clouds flowing over the hills, to expect a different sunset every night, and to be able to walk out and watch the clear starry skies at night, was truly a special treat. You feel like you are the only people on that mountainside, yet you have every possible luxury available.
And of course you have given so much attention to stocking your place with every imaginable thing someone might want to enjoy their stay, games, entertainment and books. I especially enjoyed the bird and star guides (I've never seen so many humming birds in one place). I think we got to enjoy almost everything, from the hot tub to the pool table to the barbeque.
I want to give a special mention to Rich. He was so helpful to us, ready to fetch fresh supplies, fill us in on local color, and even bringing us fresh baked zucchini bread. He is a great asset to the whole experience.
So thanks again. I understand this is the first year you have been renting. We hope it is not the last. I don't know if our plans will bring us your way again, although with a daughter living in DC that just might happen, but if they do, we certainly would love to spend another week in your amazing lodge.
The view was nice. Furnishing were worn out. Hot tub was cloudy when we arrived. Was told by the house keeper he just cleaned it and it should clear up soon. It never did and we were charged for it. The hand rails were not safe going down the steps. The fridge never got cold and some of our food spoiled. the oven had a hard time baking properly. Could use new furniture. Bunk beds were nice for the kids. There is a raccoon that will come by and visit everyday at dinner time. Kids enjoyed all the games. Could use some fans to circulate the air.
What an amazing 4 nights our family had at this mountaintop cabin! Easy to get to (great directions), and once there, all you have to bring are some linens, food and your swim trunks! Probably the best views of anyplace I have ever stayed at, and all the amenities were exactly as described. Hot Tub was wonderful in the brisk, cool weather. A cozy fireplace in the main living area was toasty. This home was close to Stanley and Luray if you want to get out and do some exploring. We visited a couple of vineyards one day, and hiked two sections of the Appalachian Trail during our stay. Rich, the caretaker, is a wonderful guy who stops by regularly to make sure you have everything you need. This was a great break for our family and I would highly recommend staying here.
This was our third time staying at this cabin and it was as great as ever. The property caretaker, Rich, is incredibly friendly and helpful. We can't wait to stay there again!
The house was well furnished and cozy to complement the great view. The TV with a complementary Netflix allows you to entertain yourself if you want something besides books. The only blemish was some rubbish laying throughout the woods below the hot tub. Recommend a quick cleanup of the lower property to fully complement the view.
Something for everyone. Hot tub and a fun croquet family match. The slide was a favorite of our youngest. Next time we're staying longer. Be sure to visit the Hawksbill Diner at the bottom of the mountain.
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£122|
|Property Damage Protection||£48|
Includes four sets of complementary bath towels. Bed linens can be provided for an additional charge. An excess cleaning charge of $50 per rental if excess cleaning is required.
Weekend rental requires 2 consecutive nights with Friday checked-in. Long holiday weekend requires 3 consecutive nights rental.
Please review the Rental Agreement prior to booking for additional information.