|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
Top level suite on the sands of beautiful Carbon Beach in Malibu. A one bedroom/one bath with queen bed and additional pull out queen size sofa sleeper in the living room. Whether you decide to eat out or order in, a fully appointed kitchen also allows you to prepare your own meals to be enjoyed directly above the water in the "floating" dining room or outside on the private deck in comfortable sectional seating. Also included are AC, HD flat screen TV with Sonos sound system, cable, wireless internet and Apple TV.
The suite offers stunning panoramic views from the Malibu Pier to Santa Monica and beyond. Carbon Beach is one of the most desirable beaches in all of Malibu. A short walk to great restaurants at the Malibu Pier or walk beach side from your room to world famous Nobu, crown jewel of celebrity Chef Nobu Matsuhisa. This property is centrally located in the heart of Malibu. Numerous restaurants, shopping and entertainment for all budgets are within walking distance plus miles of world class beaches, beach activities, hiking, mountain biking and museums. All this and just 15 minutes to Santa Monica.
The pictures are exactly what you get. This is the perfect little getaway on the beach. The location is awesome and the apartment is kept in very nice condition. It also has everything you need for your stay. I will definitely be coming back here!
We rented this cozy 1 bedroom condo nestled directly over the Pacific Ocean in a quiet section of Malibu. Slept with windows open to enjoy the waves that break right under the structure at high tide. Watched wales, dolphins and pelicans during our mid-May stay. Includes one parking spot, and all you need in the unit to get by. We generally left our car parked and walked easily to the pier, Adamson house, Malibu Beach Inn, Nobu, and a few other shops. A short drive to Point Duma, Zuma Beach, and the Malibu shopping center. We wanted to do less and enjoy more, and the comfy balcony over the water was just the spot. Comfortable bed, working kitchen, and adequate bathroom. We'll certainly return down the road. Except for a little sea-air weathering, everything was in good working order and comfortable. When i had to do a little work, the dining area is windows on three sides overlooking the ocean. Private enough for a condo. For our use, no complaints. The sofa bed would not be for me (new mattress!). For a couple, don't hesitate, and you'll be able to slow down and relax!
This is my 5th time to Malibu; 1st time renting an "attached" unit (vs. stand-alone house).
1) Pictures represent the interior perfectly. No surprises there.
2) Valerie Dawson responded to my VRBO messages within 24 hrs, and advised it would have been even quicker had I called/texted her.
3) Keyless entry is nice (no having to take keys to the beach).
4) SONOS sound system is amazing. Just download the free App to your mobile device, "connect to existing system", and your selection of music comes out living room speaker.
5) Kitchen and bathroom nicely stocked. Unit was very clean/comfortable.
6) There was never a low tide (which may be a CON if you like walking/laying/sitting on the beach). The waves crashed against the complex day and night (even during clear/beautiful weather when the wind itself was not perceptibly strong), so violently at times that it shook the whole unit. I loved it.
7) Location! Within 500 feet of V's and Nobu's and short distance to Moonshadows, Malibu Seafood and Duke's.
8) Bed very comfortable.
9) Big screen TV and Direct TV were very nice.
1) The exterior is....underwhelming. It looks much like an abandoned Motel 6 as you approach the unit. Don't let it scare you though - the interior makes up for it.
2) Bring power strips!! Outlets are scarce and inconveniently located - charging multiple electronic devices a challenge.
3) Sight line is lovely, but only allows for views of sunrises (no sunsets). I've stayed at Malibu houses that allowed for both.
4) Only 1 parking place means that guests have to scrounge around on PCH for a space. Can be a pain.
5) Bedroom is not on the water side of the unit (can't SEE water from your bed - but you CAN HEAR it!).
6) If you have Verizon, reception is terrible, so don't plan to talk on your phone. Wifi is a bit better (for email/texting), but not fabulous.
7) In my opinion, only 2 could stay here comfortably. It does "sleep 4" (due to living room pull-out), but I doubt >2 could easily navigate the limited living space and 1 bathroom. I was alone, and it was perfect.
8) I prefer the privacy of detached house; kind of stacked up on top of each other.
9) They were doing repairs to the underside of the complex during my stay; at times, the noise and vibration were mind-numbing. Valerie explained there was no avoiding it, since the workers were at mercy of the tides.
10) A/C Units (living room/bedroom) louder and less convenient than Central Air.
Happy to say my friend and I arrived at the rental property to find it exactly as you see in the pictures with the added effect of very dramatic waves breaking at the front at high tide. Comfortable and well-appointed, great sight lines across Carbon Beach (we loved the lighting through the dining room). We stayed 3 nights and the location couldn't be beat. Easy walks to some great restaurants (Nobu, Malibu Farm, V's, Cafe Habana and Marmalade Cafe). I reached out to Valerie once via text with a question and she was prompt to call me back. Great experience all around!
Every single photo of the interior is exactly as shown. Usually some things are off, but not in this case. We absolutely loved the place, and so glad we chose to come here for my wife's birthday. The beach, the pier, Nobu, the sunshine - all great. But our favorite part was the crashing waves at night - better than any sound machine one could ever buy. We look forward to coming back again soon!
From the outside, it is a small two story apartment. From the inside, it is an adorable beach cottage. You are directly over the water with crashing surf below. Wonderful views of the ocean.
You can see surfers off the Malibu Pier.
There is no direct beach access here. We traveled to go to a beach with sand for sunbathing. We did see people enter the water near our unit to swim.
Panoramic view, from the Malibu Pier to Santa Monica and Palos Verdes.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
|Property Damage Protection||£79|
All reservations are booked on a first come first serve basis. The booking process IS NOT complete until management receives a fully executed rental contract from the guest and payment in full.
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.