Our modern, bright and spacious city centre apartment is perfect for a couple, a family or a bunch of friends working or visiting Glasgow. It is centrally located for shopping, theatres, concert halls, universities and transport to all Glasgow tourist attractions.
Our modern, bright and spacious city centre apartment is perfect for a couple, a family or a bunch of friends working or visiting Glasgow. It is centrally located for shopping, theatres, concert halls, universities and transport to all areas of Glasgow.
The apartment is a converted second floor flat located on the top floor of the building (though please note this equates to 3rd floor of the building) of an 1880 three storey former warehouse building in the heart of Glasgow’s Merchant City. It is a Grade 1 listed building. Due to its corner position, the apartment benefits from fabulous natural light into it. The flat itself has a modern classic style to it.
The apartment (approx. 49m2) was bought and renovated in June 2014 and is a fantastic little oasis in the heart of the city.
It is situated in a great little spot in the Merchant City area of Glasgow. This area is renowned for its great cafes, bars and restaurants as well as its history and architecture and not to mention its great location for shopaholics.
We can comfortably sleep 4 guests. The apartment has a lovely modern kitchen and large lounge area with lots of natural light. The bedroom has a very comfortable double bed and plenty of storage space by way of a large built in mirrored wardrobe. In addition, there is a double sofa bed in lounge area. Note: we can also provide a travel cot and high chair if required. The bathroom has a bath and electric shower.
***Please note that there are no elevators in the building and access is via a communal stairwell***
The apartment is ideal for couples, couples with children and groups of friends. As a couple with 2 children, we are very experienced in renting holiday apartments across Europe (Rome, Florence, Venice, Krakow, Amsterdam, Berlin, Paris, Reykjavik, Seville, Bordeaux) and Canada (Calgary and Whistler), so we feel that we are well placed to offer our own little apartment for others to enjoy whilst visiting Glasgow.
•Secure Entry system to Courtyard and Apartment building.
• Apartment is being/has been renovated with a classic modern design.
• Laminated flooring in hall and living room areas
• Apartment is heated by electric radiators
• Bathroom with shower and bath
• 1 bedroom complete with double bed and storage for clothes
• Fresh bedding and towels are provided as standard.
• Living room with, huge windows, full-sized sofa-bed, dining table, breakfast bar
• WiFi internet
• Large Screen 3D Smart Television including Google Chromecast
• Micro HiFi audio system supporting Bluetooth, NFC, Apple Airplay and USB if you want to play music from your own devices but also comes with with internet radio and an extensive music library
• WiFi Laser printer - handy for printing out travel documents, tickets, etc.
• Fully equipped kitchen with oven, hob, washer/dryer, dishwasher, fridge freezer, microwave oven, toaster, kettle, iron etc.
• Basic kitchen condiments and household provisions (tea, coffee, sugar, toiletries, kitchen roll, tin foil, herbs and spices etc.) provided as there is nothing worse than going to an apartment and discovering you can’t use the oven because you don’t have any kitchen foil or there’s no washing up liquid!
• Tassimo drinks machine with complimentary drinks
• An instruction manual containing all the information you will require for the apartment is available in the apartment
• A hairdryer and umbrella is also provided as it has been known to rain here!
PLEASE SEND US A NOTE BEFORE MAKING THE BOOKING IN ORDER TO CHECK AVAILABILITY.
The apartment has secure entry access from the street and into the building. There is a beautiful quiet and private courtyard for residents.
Guests will have full and exclusive access to entire flat.
Wonderful market streets are located very close walking distance to the apartment. A lot of great little cafes/bars and restaurants are all just minutes stroll away.
INTERACTION WITH GUESTS
As we live and work in Glasgow, we are normally always close by and available to handle the check-in's directly and are available to handle any guests needs while they are in Glasgow. We are always happy to chat on the phone, by text or by e-mail and can give you lots of help and tips for your visit. Glasgow is a vibrant city with lots of exhibitions, concerts and nightlife and yet it's really easy to get out of town and to explore and the surrounding area with its stunning scenery. We can help you with information about restaurants, great pubs, or transport.
Check In: We will always try to be flexible, and try to meet your arrival time, but do please ask if you think you are likely to arrive particularly late or early. Where possible we always do our best to try and suit arrival and check out times as best as possible and assuming it does not interfere with another booking.
If there is a departing guest on your arrival day, we will need enough time to service the flat before we let you in.
However, it is extremely important that you arrive at the pre-arranged time. If you are delayed for any reason, please be courteous and let us know as soon as you can. Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive all our contact details. Check-in and key-collection details will be send via email a few weeks before arrival.
Check OUT is very simple.
OVERVIEW OF NEIGHBOURHOOD
Our apartment is perfectly located for a great stay in Glasgow. It is located in the heart of the hip and attractive Merchant City with a range of great bars, restaurants, cafes, delis etc nearby as well as the designer shopping district. Although located right in the heart of the city, the areas is clean, quiet, safe and surrounded by beautiful architecture.
The apartment is well positioned and within easy walk to many of Glasgow’s theatres, museums, universities, tourist sights, shops, restaurants, café’s, local bars and clubs. The area is really not a tourist hub, but rather filled with locals living the Glasgow lifestyle.
• Theatres: The Royal Concert Hall, The Tron Theatre, The Pavillion Theatre, Theatre Royal, Glasgow Film Theatre, Kings Theatre
• Museums - Museum of Modern Art, The Lighthouse, Museum of Religion,
• Universities - University of Strathclyde and Glasgow Caledonian University
• Tourist sights - Glasgow Cathedral, George Square, Candleriggs, City Chambers. Glasgow Green, the West Craft Brewery, The People's Palace and the Winter Gardens.
• Shopping Centres & precinct areas: Princes Square, Buchanan Galleries, Buchanan Street, Argyle St. St. Enoch Centre, Sauchiehall Street.
• Other: The Barrowlands is nearby if you are in town for a gig.
There are also a number of grocery stores (Aldi, Tesco, Sainsbury’s and Morrisons) close by to the apartment, which should be able to meet all your self-catering requirements.
It has good the public transport links nearby but also many places you can just walk to.
In addition, there are excellent nearby public transport links to the West End of Glasgow and to other parts of the city. Main tourist destinations include areas such as the new Hydro, the SECC, Kelvingrove Art Galleries, Kelvingrove Park, The Huntarian Museum, The Charles Rennie MacKintosh House, the Botanic Gardens, The University of Glasgow, the Riverside Museum, Burrell Collection and various other destinations.
Airport Transfers: Glasgow airport is about a 20 minutes drive by car/taxi or 30minutes by bus. The airport shuttle bus stops at Queen Street train station which is about 10 minutes walk from the flat and costs about £6 one-way. A pre-booked taxi from the airport will cost between £13.50 and £15.00.
Train and Bus Stations: Glasgow Central and Queen Street train stations are within walking distance of the apartment, as is the main bus station for Glasgow (Buchanan Street). In addition, the subway (underground) system is easy and simple to use to navigate across the City and both Buchanan Street and St. Enoch subway stations are easily reached to and from the apartment on foot.
The nearby train stations are also excellent for travel to Edinburgh and further afield.
• Glasgow Central station is about 15 mins walk
• Queen St station is about 10 mins walk.
• Buchanan and Argyle Street subway stations are about 10 mins walk
•Buchanan Bus station is about 15 minutes walk away
Taxis are also remarkably affordable, and arrive very quickly thanks to a central telephone booking system. Just call (phone number hidden). They can also be booked in advance for airport or train departures. A taxi stand is also located nearby to the apartment building.
Cars and Car Parking. The M8 motorway can be accessed very easily. Street car parking is difficult (and can be very costly!) in the City Centre. However, there are a number of car parking areas close to the apartment at High Street and Duke Street or if you are interested in hiring a car for a day or short period of time (hours), then the City Car Club, which has a number of pick-up and drop off locations might be of interest to you. The nearest one to the apartment is 0.16miles away on Ingram Street.