|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
We have owned our 30 acre farm for over 12 years. We have shared our farm for Weddings and family events.
Now YOU can rent our modern Milkbarn and farm for your family or corporate get-a-way overnight. This Milkbarn houses up to 16 folks comfortably and even includes use of the Milkhouse for a game room / meeting room for the family.
Why is it modern? From WIFI to LED Lighting throughout this Milkbarn has beautiful open spaces that will satisfy geeks and family alike! Even our bunk beds include USB plugins, handy for todays iphones, ipads and other gadgets.
Love to cook? We have a gas cooktop range, large stainless fridge and a large tiled galley style kitchen made just for you. Whether it's waking up to fresh biscuits and gravy or making some farmhouse coffee to enjoy the view from our large covered porch, this kitchen has what you need.
We have a Milkhouse that serves as a kids game room for indoor activities... but the farm it'self IS A GAME ROOM! That is right. With our 2 acre lake you can fish for catfish, use the 3 man canoe, have a campfire on the sandy beach area, play horse shoes, cornhole, basketball, pingpong, catch some tadpoles, swing on swings, lay on the hammocks or docks and enjoy the wifi everywhere.
IF YOU HAVE KIDS! Please ONLY let them see the listing if you WANT TO STAY HERE. (Otherwise they will drive you nuts to have a private farm for a few days!)
Our 2 Acre Pond - The centerpiece of our farm is our super neat freshwater 2 acre Pond.
Things to do on the water -
1. Fishing for catfish. This is a great past time. You are guaranteed to catch them! (We even offer and evening of a fishing guide as an option. The guide will even teach fishing, baiting and catfish knowledge. If you love to fish or are just a beginner, you will love our pond. Make yourself a meal pond side that your family will remember forever. (Fishing license is NOT required on the farm as we hold a TN fish-out license for our farm.
2. Redneck Beaching. Yes we have a large sandy beach area on the side of the pond. This spot is great for catching some rays while the kids build sand castles. Sink your toes in the sand and have a great day at the redneck beach! This is the best place to have a do-it-yourself smores location with a campfire.
3. Floating dock. We have a great 'T' shapped small floating dock. This is great to put your feet off and chill. It also is a great place to park the canoe or load unload. We keep our canoe parked there for easy on and off loading. Get some great exercise and fun with a few laps around the pond
4. Canoe. We have a 3 man canoe for traveling our pond. This is a safe event for most kids as our water is no more than 3 ft deep in any section. Life vests are available. Endless trips to an fro is great day of exercise and fun.
5. Island. We have what we call the 'Rose Island'. This is a small island in the pond that has beautiful grouping of red 'knockout' roses. Great for kids to explore on.
6. Deck. We have a large deck that has steps leading down to the waters edge. This is a great spot to enjoy the shade of our cover of willow branches. (great for ones not wanting so much sun).
7. Swimming. Yes it is a pond. Yes it is a clean pond as ponds go. Our kids and many others really enjoy a dip in the Pond. The mud is deep and the kids AND the Catfish love it!
You can enjoy sleeping for 16 in on our property with beds and in season offer a fishhouse option sleeping area for two next to the pond.
Milkhouse - Our milkhouse is great for family meetings or just hanging out for a game of outdoor ping pong on the large deck. Our deck has many red and white picnic tables.
-Bathroom - Our milkhouse has a restroom that has exterior and interior access.
-Galley Kitchenette - We also have a kitchenette with sink, coffee maker (Keurig), microwave, toaster oven and utensils you need.
-Conference Room - The great room has seating for up to 30 folks. This room has a hand washing sink and 2 40 inch Sony flat screens. These are connected to broadcast digital television, 'mirrored' to a windows 7 PC and mirrored to a BlueRay DVD player!
-The Office - The office is a great place for working (IF YOU MUST) it has access to a fax machine, WIFI, 2 Windows-7 PC's, Color printer, Apple TV, 42inch Samsung TV, ChromeCaster and round meeting table. This room also has a stereo hooked to the indoor/outdoor speakers and can be controlled by the PC or the reciever.
The milkbarn is our main housing area. This is the main sleeping area and cooking area. The milkbarn has sleeping for 14. (2 more can sleep in the fishhouse). The
The Stage- This is where the smooching or the rocking happens. It is a great place to get married, enjoy a show or just relax on the hammocks. This Stage has lights and electrical outlets and a beautiful garden all around. This spot has a great view of the farm as well and makes a GREAT destination for the horse and carriage to deliver the bride on her wedding day next to the water or just a relaxing with one of our hammocks at the stage.
Swings- As a child I remember competing with other grandchildren for the swing on the front porch of my grandmothers house. Her house was located deep in Grainger County Tennessee at North side of the base of Clinch Mountain. It was fun to swing even on hot August days when we would visit from Michigan. Everyone seemed to have more time to listen and share stories because of that swing. It was a simple wood slat swing but always seemed to fit right. That swing is a big reason for the 'swing locations' around our property. It makes a good excuse for a group of 2 or 3 to find a destination to walk to and and talk. Being on the farm is about being relaxed. An old time wooden swing is just another reason to talk and relax. Try all the swings when you come. Enjoy all the views that each swing has to offer. Walk, Swing and enjoy.
- Cherokee Lake and Cherokee Dam are just over the hill from our farm. We can connect you to fisherman guides as well as pontoon rentals and more. There is so much to do in this area including a visit to the Gatlinburg just an hour away for great shopping or a hike.
Locally we have great golfing available from as close as 2 miles to Lost Creek golf course (google the story of lost creek) and many others in a 20 mile radius.
After a stay at our Milkhouse and farm your family will take something home that you can't put a price on.... Memories.
We look forward to hearing from you and seeing your family at the Milkbarn on CedarPondFarm.com
We are a family that loves family time and travel! We travel to Europe as a family and love making our East Tennessee farm our home. We love spending time on the dock or grilling out at the pavillion or just making smores on one of our outdoor firepits!
Shawn Wilmoth purchased this farmhouse in 2004
You choose this property for one reason. Family time. Our farm has lot's to keep you busy for your stay. Kids love our place, and they will talk to you for years about the time they caught a catfish.
Another good reason to choose us is for your wedding! We can host up to 350 persons for the day as well as offer overnight accommodations for 16 for the wedding party.
Corporate or business events are perfect to rent the farm for just a day or an overnight retreat! We have lots of room in our Milkhouse for up to 30-50 persons with tables. We have all the tech you need as well with flat screen monitors and an entire farm that is a huge hot spot.
You will not find many places that get your family and friends 30 acres of private country living for your stay. This property is awsome and even offers one of the best lakes in the region for other water sports just 4 miles away!
- Cherokee lake offers great fishing and we can even offer a fishing guide for a fee. Our guide could be blindfolded and dropped from in the middle of Cherokee Lake and take you directly to the best fishing nearby that spot. This guy has fished this lake all his life and is a great guy to fish with. His fee is reasonable and you will truly enjoy your day on the lake. Oh yeah, he'll make sure you take some supper home...
Food. A great option for our property is to have a meal prepared for you in our kitchen for your family. The meal is comprised with southern cooking and hospitality in mind. Expect to have left overs for snacks! This is again a special part of your stay. You can enjoy this each day or you can just have breakfast made for you on certain days.
Pond guide. Our lake fishing guide is available also for an evening of fishing on the pond. This is a great way to introduce your family to fishing for catfish. You can bet your family will always remember fishing as the sun goes down and having caught fish on the side of our pond!
We also think that your stay should include great photos. You of course can take your own or have a photographer come and take photos one evening. The sitting fee in modest and the prints are purchased as you like.
All in all our family farm is a unbelieveable experience. We hope you will enjoy.
The Milkbarn was a wonderful place to relax and share quality time with family and friends! We loved every minute here and cannot wait to come back again. We enjoyed the pond, chickens and peacefulness of the farm yet experienced all the luxurious and amenities of a high end resort. The Milkbarn itself was spacious, luxurious, and spotlessly clean. It is a place that you "oooh" and "aaah" when you walk in the door . . . . and then you never want to leave! I wish we could have stayed longer. The owners are friendly and accommodating. They made us feel so welcome when we arrived. I would highly recommend this to anyone in search of peace and quiet when you are in Tennessee. It is a gem hidden just a short drive from the Smokies or anything else you might want to adventure to when you are visiting. I have nothing but good to say and beautiful memories of this place and time spent with my family while we were there!
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
2 Jan 2017 - 31 Mar 2017
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
|Notes: Rates are based on 2 guests; add £16 per night, per additional guest|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
|Notes: Rates are based on 6 guests; add £16 per night, per additional guest|
|End of Stay Cleaning Fee||£120|
Overnight Single stays for Weddings Events can be purchased for a discount/night.
Texting is great! Feel free to reach out if you have any questions 865-300-5397
Dollywood Splash Country and Dollywood Theme park are just 1 hour away!
One of the areas great fishing, sailing and waterskiing is Cherokee Lake just 5 miles away.
CedarPondFarms also offers Event Rates for receptions and corporate events -
Base Overnight daily rate:
$1,000 for the day and less than 75 folks are attending your event, your price would be $2,000. See the chart below.
Use of all requested farm buildings, pond, beach, dock, swings, stages and structures, as well as white padded folding chairs for up to 200 guests, outdoor seating for 200 guests, use of any of our on-property roses for decor on the tables, one photo farm session on a different day, use of the milkhouse for air-conditioned changing area and 'ready room'.
EVENT RATES BELOW Price for your event
*Base Overnight: For any group event a min base overnight stay is required of one night. Up to 12 folks can stay in the MilkBarn on the farm. This base overnight stay can be spent prior to or after your event date.