|Space||2,000 sq. ft.|
|Minimum Stay||10 nights|
Our newly renovated stone house offers unobstructed views of the French countryside and the nearby village of St Jodard. Located on a private 1.5 ha lot surrounded by pastureland, it provides the perfect setting for a relaxing vacation in the center of France, and an ideal start point for exploring the Burgundy (Bourgogne) and Rhone-Alpes areas.
For the early risers, the fog lifting off the Loire river below us offers amazing views from the house.
Our large backyard and covered game area in the original barn are perfect for children to play, and our covered BBQ area and stone deck ideal for outdoor summer dining.
- 3 bedrooms: 2 upstairs and 1 on the main floor – All equipped with brand new, comfortable Queen size beds;
- 1 full bathroom upstairs – Equipped with shower, bathtub and double sinks;
- Half bathroom downstairs;
- Fully equipped kitchen with access to the deck;
- Exposed beams dining room & living room with double French-doors opening up to the deck and our large grass backyard with stunning views of the rolling hills.
For your convenience, we provide
- WIFI internet access;
- Washer/dryer and cloth lines in the utility room & outside;
- Charcoal BBQ;
- TV & PS3 console for viewing DVDs and playing video games (some DVDs and PS3 games available);
- 2 adult size mountain bikes;
- 1 Ping-Pong table; badminton set & bochie balls;
- Board games and books are also available.
Some things to do in the area
Within walking distance:
- The village of St Jodard offers a public outdoor swimming pool, a small grocery store, a café and a train station that serves the cities of Roanne (15 min.) and St Etienne (45 min.).
- The Loire river gives you easy access to fishing.
- The many roads and trails provide great cycling and hiking opportunities.
Within a 15 min. drive, you can also access:
- The castle of La Roche (“Chateau de la Roche”), that offers weekly live-music performances during the summer months.
- The small marinas of Bully and Port de La Caille in St Maurice s/Loire, where you can rent paddle boats and canoes.
- The nearby town of Villerest offers a public beach on the lake shore, with playground, mini-golf and other family activities.
Everywhere you drive, you will stumble across lovely vineyards(1), idyllic villages(2), great family restaurants offering local dishes and pleasant weekly markets where you can stock up on fresh produce
With quick access to the highway (in Balbigny), you are only a 1 hr drive from downtown Lyon; and 1hr30 from the Lyon airport (St Exupéry) and the TGV train station.
(1) Nearby vineyards are mainly located on the Côte Roannaise, starting from Villemontais to Ambierle
(2) Our personal favorite nearby villages include: Pommier en Forez and its prieuré from the Middle Age and the nearby Batie d’Urfé the medieval town of St Jean-St Maurice.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
10 night minimum stay
for 10 nights
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£476|
Nous acceptons egalement les payments en Euros par cheque issue en France.
Veuillez nous contacter pour convenir des termes finaux de la location.
Rates are subject to change until confirmed. Please contact owner for alternate check in/out time.