CHECK OUT OUR RECENT UPDATES!
Come relax in our country cottage and have a family or friend getaway! The perfect cottage to enjoy country life while being close to amenities of Blacksburg and the New River Valley.
We have the ideal quiet country cottage with sleeping accommodations for eight (8). The cottage is located in Newport, Virginia – which is 14 miles to the VT drillfield. In our cottage, you will find everything you need to relax and enjoy time with family and friends, including furnishings, large flat screen TVs, comfortable couches, board games, and free Wi-Fi. We just updated all the bedding, added fresh paint, new front porch furniture and new cozy blankets.
Upon arrival, you and your guests will find:
-fresh linen packets in all the bedrooms (trundle bed as well)
-fresh towels for both bathrooms
-toilet paper starter pack
-paper towel starter pack
-kitchen cleaning supplies
-extra blankets, pillows, and towels
The country cottage features:
• 3 bedrooms: 1 queen, 1 full , a twin bunk set and a trundle twin bed.
• 2 full bathrooms: 1 with a shower, 1 with a shower/tub combo
• A full kitchen: Dishwasher, oven, microwave, refrigerator/freezer combo, eat-in bar
• Dining room with table seating
• Living room with large leather reclining sofa and TV
• Den area with love seat sofa and recliner with a large flat screen TV
• High top table in the den –great for enjoying the views of the country, playing games, or eating
• A separate laundry room with washer and dryer
• Cozy front porch, which overlooks the beautiful Sinking Creek
• New outside sitting area to enjoy the view of the Appalachian mountains
• 4 flat screen TVs
• Dogs allowed. Large fenced area for pets with dog door (prior approval required and additional pet fee applies).
The country cottage is easily accessible to and great for:
• Virginia Tech Hokie football games
• Parents weekends
• Weekend getaways
• Very close to Hiking Trails – Appalachian Trial, The Cascades, Pandapas Pond, Kelly Knob, etc.
• Mountain Lake (film site for the original movie, Dirty Dancing)
• Historic Covered Bridges
• Enjoying scenic mountain views
• Campus Visits
• Tubing at the New River
• Fishing at the New River or on the Sinking Creek (fishing license required)
• Family gatherings
• Golfing at Pete Dye River Course of Virginia Tech
• Short trip to local wineries: Beliveau Estate, White Barrel, and Chateau Morrisette
• Accessible – one story home
If you love the mountains, the cool nights and warm sunny days filled with scenes of country life, peace and quietness, this is the place for you and your family and friends. The farm land is still rented, so cattle will be moving around mornings and evenings - making this a true country home. This home is over 60 years old and is comfortable, but older. The home is being updated weekly and we welcome your recommendations. Either way, you will find comfort and relaxation. Contact us to inquire about reservations.