|Minimum Stay||1 - 2 nights|
Your booking will be backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee when you complete your reservation online and finalise payment on HomeAway.Learn more
Have questions? Please read the most common questions asked by our guests and responses by us in the text at the bottom of this description.
Whether you are returning to our lake house yet again or coming for the first time, we promise that this cabin will be a dream come true! It offers a romantic setting for just the 2 of you or a chance to spend some quality time together as a family.
When we were looking for a cabin on Lake Cumberland we had 3 requirements. 1) Great lake views during all 4 seasons. 2) A location that seemed secluded but was close to all that Somerset has to offer. 3) An environment that allowed us to disconnect from the hustle and bustle of daily life in order to focus on what is truly important- our marriage and our family of 4 (soon to be 5!)
This cabin is a home run if you are looking for the same things as we were. Imagine waking up in the morning to the birds chirping in the woods surrounding the cabin, fixing a cup of coffee, and relaxing on the deck that provides one of the best views you will ever experience on Lake Cumberland. Imagine opening up the windows in the sunroom and feeling the breeze coming off the lake while you relax on the couch and read a great book or take an afternoon nap. Imagine heading to a nearby restaurant in Somerset as a family and ending the day with family game night. These are memories that you will never forget and they could be your reality!
Looking for some lake activities as a family? One of the things that makes our cabin unique is not only the great 4 seasons view, but also the fact that we're located in Somerset and only 1 mile from Lee's Ford Marina, where you can fish, boat, eat, swim, and just enjoy the simple lake lifestyle.
Simply put, this cabin offers memories that you will cherish for a lifetime and will talk about for years to come!
1) Does the property have direct lake access? Since the corps of engineers took over ownership of the shorelines of Lake Cumberland decades ago in order to ensure preservation of its natural beauty, very few properties on the lake have direct lake access. Our property is no exception. Our family typically goes to nearby Lee's Ford Marina (1.5 miles away) and rents a pontoon boat to enjoy the many coves that dot the shoreline of Lake Cumberland.
2) Are particular dates available? Since we don't accept personal checks and guests pay via credit card directly through the site, the calendar is always up to date. So, if the dates are open on the calendar, they're all yours!
3) What are the closest marinas? Lee's Ford Marina is just down the road (1.5 miles) and Burnside Marina is 9 miles away. Both marinas have a boat ramp, boat rentals, restaurants, and beautiful settings.
4) Is there air conditioning in the cabin? Yes, the cabin stays cozy and comfortable with central heat and air (new unit installed in 2014)
5) How many parking spots are available? There are 2 official parking spots, and one is large enough for a boat to be parked if needed. There is also a long driveway that could be used for additional parking if needed.
6) Are your rates negotiable? Unfortunately, no. You can't put a price on great memories!
7) What is the address? The cabin is located at 464 Shoreline Dr., Somerset KY, 42503.
We are a family of 4 (soon to be 5!) who use our cabin to detach from the busyness of life. Once we enter through the doors, it seems like all the cares of life fall away. We have created some of the most special family memories within the 4 walls of our cozy cabin.
Megan Dungan purchased this cabin in 2010
We looked at countless cabins on Lake Cumberland before buying this one. It offered 2 main things that stood out among all the rest.
1) Amazing lake views- Not just great lake views during the fall and winter, but just as good of views during the seasons we would use it most, Spring and Summer.
2) Location- Some of the other cabins were great, but they were in the middle of nowhere and did not offer a close place to get something to eat or watch a movie as a family. This cabin feels like it's in the middle of nowhere but in actuality is close to anything you could want.
Year round lake views, serene environment, and location, location, location.
Thank you very much for letting us enjoy your wonderful home here at Cumberland. It's a perfect place for us to catch up with our friends whom we have not seen for over 10 years. We enjoyed the scenery and lazy days on the lake.
Thank you so much for sharing your Lake Cottage with us. The cottage was charmingly decorated and very comfortable and clean. The view was spectacular from the large windows, the deck and from the the wonderful hammocks (such a nice addition). We made good use of the fire pit! We truly felt like we were on vacation away from all the noise and stress of the world, yet close enough to great restaurants and lake access at Lee's Ford Marina. We will be staying again!!!
Bbq grill was non functional and disappointing as i brought food to cook....,beds were way too small and way to high.....not sure of the sky high platforms....deck.picnic table and chairs were quite moldy and dirty ....in need of a serious cleaning....broken dishwasher also a bit ofa let down.....also no firewood as promised or i would have brought my own....these may seem like small things but for what we payed a nite i expected a little more.....this was a special weekend as i proposed to my girlfriend and she accepted😍💗....just thought you would like to know our opinion....
We had a wonderful stay at this cute lake home! Gorgeous view! Less than 5 mins from the marina so very convenient for us to drop our boat in. The place was very clean and had everything we needed. Would definitely recommend to anybody looking for a quaint little place on the water!
The house was clean and cozy, and well stocked with the basic necessities you need for a lake trip. Great views of the lake and awesome fire pit and hammocks out back. Peaceful!
The cabin and location was everything we expected from the photos on-line. Going into this get-a-way and not knowing the surrounding area, I was somewhat concerned. However, the location and conveniences so close by and the nature around us was just perfect. The amenities and supplies at the cabin was everything you could possibly need, even down the a deck of cards and an adorable visiting kitty! I would absolutely recommend this cabin and Lake Cumberland to anyone looking for suggesting and I hope to visit again soon.
Thank you Dugan Family for sharing your lovely vacation home!
Tom and Luann Kline
We loved our experience at the lake house! It's the perfect house for a romantic get-a-way. The deck is amazing and was our favorite spot to spend our time enjoying the beautiful lake views! The house is cozy and has everything you need. The location is perfect and has great access to the lake. We would highly recommend this lake house and hope we can come back to enjoy it again!
One of the unique qualities of our cabin is its location. You will feel like you are in the middle of nowhere when in fact you have access to anything you or your family would desire to do. We're just down the street from Lee's Ford Marina and Restaurant and very close to shopping, movie theaters, and other restaurants.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Sep 2016 - 30 Nov 2016
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
My Standard Rate
1 night minimum stay
for 1 night
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£245|
1) 100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
2) If cancelled with less than 30 days notice all of security deposit is forfeited
3) Minimum stay notes: There is a standard minimum stay of 3 nights. However, during peak Lake Season (June 1 - August 15) the minimum stay is 4 nights. Thank you!