|Space||830 sq. ft.|
|Minimum Stay||1 - 2 nights|
This cottage is a quaint 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom cottage with a living room sectional, seating table for five and a well fitted and beautiful kitchen. Full laundry facility available within the unit. With a beautiful front porch overlooking the Atlantic Ocean you can watch spectacular sunrises where no two are alike or look at the millions of stars with the moon shining over the bay of James Cistern. Grill to your hearts content, sit back & relax with beautiful landscaped surroundings. Complimentary to the cottage are snorkel gear, kayak, beach towels, beach umbrella and cooler. We will arrange for our guests an airport shuttle to make their planning easier with this one stop service or arrange a rental vehicle with a local company. Just book your airline tickets
We are a Bahamian couple who moved from Nassau to Eleuthera in 2012 seeking peace and tranquility for our family. We have an established construction business where we love to make dreams come to reality with beautiful but affordable homes.
Josette Major purchased this cottage in 2013
A place to just settle back, unwind and relax in a comfortable and peaceful place for an affordable price. Located in a great place to feel fantastic Atlantic Ocean breezes, minimize the bug invasion and be central enough to go to any part of the island
We offer an inclusive service to our guests which makes your vacation planning easy. We offer a pick up service to and from the airport to the cottage and arrange a vehicle rental. We offer complimentary use of the kayak and snorkel gear to adventure offshore. We offer ourselves for any help necessary as being in a foreign place can often leave many questions unanswered. We are here to make this your best vacation ever.
This well-equipped cottage was the perfect place to stay for our first trip to the beautiful and adventurous island of Eleuthera! It's location is very convenient for travel around the island to explore, and there are restaurants nearby that are great, too. The owners were very hospitable, they helped arrange transportation for us, and ensured we had everything we needed. Their recommendations were great, and they were extremely pleasant to deal with! The accommodations were very clean, well decorated, and taken care of. It provided us with a comfortable resting place before our next days adventures... Thanks again for a wonderful place to stay, and can't wait till we're back!!
Arriving fairly late at night we received a very friendly greeting and found the cottage to be very comfortable and well furnished and a great kitchen where we could unpack the few things we brought and settle in for the night in one of the 2 very comfortable bedrooms.
In the morning we woke to an amazing view which we unaware of by arriving at night and after making coffee and breakfast, sat and enjoyed the view for a while before venturing off to for the day.
We were only there for 2 nights but will definitely stay there again, the cottage is a great size, in a great location and the owners are very nice and helpful.
The cottage was really nice and the view was amazing! It was incredibly peaceful and the owners were very helpful, whether it was helping me arrange a rental car or telling me about the best places to visit. Can't wait to go back!
Stayed for a week and really enjoyed my time here. Beautiful views, cute cottage, peaceful atmosphere and everything was well equipped. Owners are very friendly and accommodating; they offered a lot of recommendations on what to do around the island. The internet was suitable for my needs and the porch was lovely for grilling. I would definitely recommend this to friends and family.
We stayed at this cottage for 29 nights in Jan-Feb. Due to an upcoming snow storm, we asked Josette if we could come a day early and she said that would be great since it was not rented for that night. I would like to thank Josette for helping us. However, there are problems with this cottage that need to be immediately addressed. We tried numerous time over the 29 nights to get these problems resolved, but they never were.
1. Great location. Centrally located so that you could go north or south on the island and explore.
2. Kitchen was well equipped with everything you need to prepare meals.
3. Beautiful view from the front porch.
1. If internet is important to you, you will definitely be disappointed. Josette said it was up and down. It was completely down for 14 of our 29 days and worked sporadicly the times it was up.
2. BBQ grill did not work. Knobs would not turn on gas and burned was almost rusted through. We tried to use it, but it would not work.
3. Ants were a constant problem. Josette provide us with ant traps that proved to be useless. If any food was left out for over 5 minutes, it would be covered with ants. This made it very hard to prepare food on the counter.
4. The main problem were the rats in the walls. They were in every room and gnawed, scratched and ran throughout the night. We tried sleeping in both bedrooms and could not get a good nights sleep in either. Spent most nights sleeping on sofa, as they weren't as bad in there. Josette, had her husband clean out from under the cottage and set traps. It did not improve the situation. If the rat problem is not addressed, they will soon be inside the cottage.
5. The only way we had to contact Josette was though email, that did not work even half the time. She has 2 large dogs that prevented you from knocking on her door.
We enjoyed exploring Eleuthera, meeting the local people and snorkeling. However, we could not recommend staying here until the problems are resolved.
We very much enjoyed our stay. You definitely need a car, but Josette helped arrange one for us. Throughout the stay she answered several questions for us and responded quickly. The property is off of queens highway a bit and very quite. I would recommend this place to anyone wanting to be centrally located on Eluthera .
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
23 Mar 2017 - 31 Mar 2017
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
My Standard Rate
1 night minimum stay
for 1 night
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Take 'ya' Time is situated between James Cistern & Hatchett Bay located on the Northern side of Eleuthera. There are numerous beautiful beaches and local restaurants to visit or perhaps a day excursion to Harbour Island or Spanish Wells to possibly do boating or deep sea fishing. Venture and drive from one end of Eleuthera to the next and visit all the of historic site locations, blue holes or caves.