|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
2 King Size Beds (in each master suite)
2 Queen Size Beds (in each bedroom)
4 Twin Size Bunk beds (in one large 16x24 bedroom)
2 Queen Size Sleeper Sofas
Range, Refrigerator, Dishwasher, Microwave
Washer & Dryer for Guest Use
Wireless Internet and Cable TV/DVDs in Parlor and Family Room
Dishware, Utensils, Towels, & Linens Provided
One Full Bath on Main floor with Tub/Shower Combination
One Full Bath with Shower Only
Two New Baths being added Upstairs in Master Suites
Central Heat and Air Conditioning
Bar B Q and additional tables and chairs
LDS Art and Library
The original pioneer brick home is 16 x 24 and is used as a dormitory with four bunk beds. The two story brick addition added in 1850 contains two master bedrooms upstairs with king beds, and two bedrooms downstairs with queen beds, plus a parlor with a queen size sofa sleeper. A later addition to the home has a family room with another sofa sleeper, TV/DVD and full bath and laundry. Adjacent to the family room is a full kitchen with all the appliances and kitchenware needed for all the guests in the home. Another addition to the north side has another bedroom with queen size bed, and a large game room and full bathroom. Remodeling included new paint, carpeting and furnishings throughout this home plus the addition of two more bathrooms for convenience and central heat and air for comfort! All utensils, dishware, linens, and towels are provided. A washer & dryer are also provided for guest use. High speed internet is available as well.
The original 180 acre farm was purchased by Robert & Mercy Fielding Thompson when they came to Nauvoo in 1839. Land records show that Robert (who was Joseph Smith’s secretary) sold the farm to his brother-in-law, Hyrum and his wife Mary Fielding Smith on January 7, 1840. The owners are currently researching the land records for a complete history. This large family home with nearly 4000 square feet has the charm and nostalgia of the past plus the modern amenities to enjoy your stay in Nauvoo, and currently retains 29 acres of the original farm. Enjoy Nauvoo art and a small library of early LDS church history, especially Nauvoo’s.
Nauvoo is an historic town established by the Mormons in 1839. It grew to be the largest town in Illinois, along with Chicago, with a population of 15,000 - 20,000 people. After the martyrdom of the founder of Mormonism, Joseph Smith, in 1844, Brigham Young led the Saints from Nauvoo to the Great Salt Lake over the Mormon Trail. Only about 1100 people remained in Nauvoo after the exodus of the Latter-day Saints. In the 1960's a descendant of one of the Nauvoo pioneers purchased his ancestor's home and began restoration. Nauvoo Restoration Inc. was established and since then over thirty historic homes and businesses have been restored or reconstructed, and are available for free tours. The Nauvoo Pageant is held every summer with thousands of visitors to the city to watch the performance of song and dance relating the Mormon history in Nauvoo. In addition, the Nauvoo Temple was restored in 2002, and is modeled after the original temple which was destroyed by arson in the late 1840's, and later by tornado in the 1850's. Visitors to Nauvoo enjoy the free tours and entertainment, where there is fun and education for the entire family! It is an extra treat to 'make your home away from home in Nauvoo!
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£410|