|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
Escape to this luxurious 3 bedroom, 3 1/2 bathroom villa, located on a secluded bay, just a short walk to San Marcos La Laguna. This 3 story home, with it's private dock, was constructed in 2013 and offers breathtaking views of the volcanos from spacious galleries overlooking the lake. Furnished with fine Guatemalan antiques, art, ceramics, and textiles throughout make this house truly a gem.
This property is made for relaxation in every sense of the word. Whether you want to spend the day kayaking with one of our kayaks or boating, shopping in the Mayan villages surrounding the Lake, or exploring the natural beauties of the area, the lake is truly a paradise. After a full day of adventure, relax by the heated infinity pool or unwind in the hot tub while stargazing by a warm and inviting fire. Wake up to the serene lake and stunning sunrises with local Mayans fishing from their traditional dugout canoes. Whether you want to go out on an adventure or just relax around the house, this beautiful Lake will entrance you. You'll never want to leave.
Where do I start?! This house was pure paradise!
What we loved:
* Location - In San Marcos you truly feel secluded from the crowds of Pana and the view of the volcanos is incredible. Less people also = clean lake water.
* Accommodations - The house had everything we needed. Features we loved: ensuite baths, multiple outdoor areas to relax in, large terraces, fireplaces, and beautiful master suite. The heated pool was key, as otherwise it would've been too cold to swim in the evenings.
* Service - The attentive service from Antonio & Edgar was exceptional. They eagerly went to the store for us, prepped the kayaks, arranged for a masseuse, and heated the pool when needed. Upon arrival I noticed the hammock on the master terrace that I had seen in the listing wasn't there. We mentioned it to Antonio and the next morning it magically appeared. Small gestures like that are so appreciated and tips were always met with genuine gratitude. Blaine and Andrea were also quick to respond to our emails.
Room for improvement:
* Two huge factors in booking (and reasons we paid more to stay here) were the outdoor hot tub & master bath jacuzzi. These aren't luxuries we enjoy in our own home so we were eager to use them on vacation; however, the hot tub pump was not working so it couldn't be heated at night, meaning we didn't get to use it each evening as we had anticipated. The other issue was the master jacuzzi. The plug doesn't fully stop the drain so it takes too long to fill and we ran out of hot water by then. The first time I tried, ants came out of one of the jets and I had to drain the entire tub. The second night I was hoping they'd be gone but there were still too many to enjoy a bath. Needless to say I had to abandon any hope of using the jacuzzi which was highly disappointing.
* Towels - each room had 2 pool towels which were supposed to last us until Veronica came to do laundry every few days. In reality we needed 2 pool towels per guest per day. An easy fix.
Things to note:
* Noise - it's quiet most of the time but road noise and barking dogs ruined the ambiance at times. Also expect some bugs. All things considered, it was a small price to pay for paradise.
Suggestion: Wake up for the sunrise! It was the most beautiful & serene I've ever seen.
Would we return?
Absolutely. I wish we could've stayed longer. I would just confirm all pools/hot tubs were in working order beforehand and ask that the jacuzzi jets be cleaned out before arrival.
We've stayed in nearly 30 rental homes over the years since our kids were little. Now, at 30 and 36 we're happy to have them and their partners with us again. Our house on Lake Atitlan, in San Marcos Guatemala was really a perfect vacation spot in a wonderful house for our group of 6 adults. The lake is quiet and magical with outstanding views everywhere you turn. There are villages to explore, volcanoes to climb, zip lines to zip, excellent restaurants, and fun shopping, but primarily there is simply peace, quiet, more stars than most have ever seen, fantastic weather and a beautiful lake and people.
If you want to be active or simply relax the house and the location offer it all. The grounds are well landscaped with tropical fruits and flowers. The description on the VRBO site is spot on. The 60's are alive and well in San Marcos which is a 10 minute walk, so if you need holes in your aura patched or your chakra aligned or you've always had a burning desire to walk on fire you can do it there. There are a number of excellent restaurants, both organic/vegan and regular. Small shops with the basic groceries and lots of fresh produce is available.
It's obvious that the house is used by the owners. There is great attention to detail and comfort in the furnishings and you don't get the feel that you're in a "rental" house. It's more like you're inhabiting someone's personal space. Each bedroom has a wonderful lake view. There is lots of outside seating on the multiple levels of the property. The kitchen is well-equipped. Everything was in fine mechanical order and the beds were comfortable. At Casa Blanca (as the locals call it) you can tell that the owners use the place.
At all times, either Edgar or Antonio, stay on the property in a separate building. These guys maintain the grounds and are at your service to translate or make deals with the locals, get out the kayaks, and generally help make your stay great. Antonio even helped us make a small Christmas tree and Edgar brought us Christmas tamales his wife had made! The guys are the best! The weather was perfect. Sunny poolside days and cool clear nights. Great for sleeping with the doors open, listening to the night sounds, and watching the stars. We were even there for the midnight Christmas fireworks display in all the villages around the lake. WOW!
Our family is so happy to give this place our highest recommendation. It will provide you with an unforgettable vacation!
I cannot say enough about this property! It was an enormous amount of space for my family if 6 (kids aged 7, 7, 12 & 13). That view just never gets old. The house has a shocking amount of modern amenities that I've yet to elsewhere in Guatemala (this is our 3rd trip here). The staff is fantastic - gentle and kind and sincerely trying to make our stay great - doing anything they think will help us (calling tuktuks, researching distances for us to various locales)! Edgar speaks fairly good English but encouraged me to use my Spanish because he knows am keen to practice. He has the patience of a saint! Aaron is the property manager and he is WONDERFUL. I blindly allowed him to manage the airport pickup for my husband and son (who is handicapped) having never met him and I can now assure you that you are in superb hands. He is honest, warm and a great person. We hired a cook for our stay who is very attentive and altered recipes as we needed. Her chicken stuffed peppers were a highlight! The massage therapist is also great and was a perfect treat on a rainy day after tons of kayaking. Finally, thank you Blaine for having enormous patience altering our reservation a few times! You have a mighty fine pad!! We hope to return.
Listen up! Have you always dreamed of a mansion on the lake? Facing three beautiful volcanoes? Surrounded by lush green jungle? And also tiny villages where the indigenous people are artisans and sell you the most beautiful of art, crafts, woodwork, food? Then this is the house of your dreams.
There is no detail that has been forgotten. I don't know who decorated but it is done with the most impeccable of taste. From the covers on the bed to the colors of the furniture, the art work is unbelievable. Blaine has found a way to feature the best of Guatemala in one house. He used only local artisans to design and make everything in this house and he put the comforts of home in every room. Showers are nice and warm!
Very safe place with Camaras installed. Every room has a view.
A private heated pool is amazing. Edgar is sweet and kind and trustworthy. Veronica is sweet and beautiful and also very loyal and trustworthy. You will be in heaven.
I love you Blaine for featuring the best of the land where I was born and making me feel at home. I can tell you treat everyone who works for you with kindness. Thank you for letting us stay in your beautiful home. We will miss it.
At first glance at the beautiful Casa Blanca left my 7 friends and me speechless! I have visited Lake Atitlan a year ago and fell in love with the gorgeous view of the lake and anticipated to visit again, but this experience was nothing like I could have imagined. The Villa is breathtaking and was so beautifully decorated down to the smallest detailed that the photos don’t do it justice.
The two caretakers of the house were so helpful and friendly, upon arrival Aaron met us in the town and directed us to the house and help us bring our luggage in. The second day of our trip our truck rental would not start and both Aaron (on his off day) as well as Edgar were so helpful in finding us a mechanic to get us another battery when Thrifty rental was refusing to send someone to help us.
Each morning you awoke to a stunning view of the lake and volcanoes, got to enjoy the great amenities of the house: heated pool, kayaking, and swimming in the lake. There are small markets in town were you can get basic needs like eggs, milk, vegetables, and tortillas, but before our trip to the lake we bought groceries at Walmart in the city. On one of the days we took the local public boat to Panajachel for souvenir shopping.
Overall, staying the villa was an amazing time and experience that’s unforgettable and we would love to vacation here again!
I stayed with my 2 adult sons and two adult friends and the house was beautifully decorated and
comfortable. I would not hesitate to stay there again. The only area of improvement would be that
there was so much sea weed at the boat dock that it was not inviting or safe to swim, so we could not
take advantage of swimming in the lake off the dock, however on the day that we left a crew was there
to clean the weed. Other than that our stay was magnificent. The house is a quick ten minute walk to
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£406|
Xmas, New Year's, and Easter week rates are $2,500 per week
$500 refundable damage deposit locks in reservation - rent due two weeks prior to onset of rental period. Full refund if cancelled more than two weeks ahead. Cancellation within two weeks of onset of rental period results in 50% rent charge.
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.