These two cottages are tucked away in the hamlet of Stancombe which has been converted from a South Devon cider farm. They are about 50 metres apart and can be rented separately or together. Situated in 21 acres of outstanding natural beauty including orchards, woodland and gardens, they also have superb leisure facilities on the doorstep. Conveniently located for both the coast and moors with the nearest beach, Slapton Sands, three miles away at Torcross, they are within easy reach of Salcombe, Dartmouth and Totnes. Both properties have been fully refurbished to a high standard and are regularly used by the owners' family. They are a very comfortable base from which to explore the unspoilt beaches and towns of the South Hams.
Stancombe's extensive leisure facilities include indoor heated pool, tennis court and snooker room.
Close by are award-winning beaches, the coast path, Dartmoor, pretty seaside villages, sailing, and golf at Thurlestone, Bigbury and Dartmouth.
Stancombe: The 2 properties rented together sleep 9 although they may be rented separately:
Stancombe Lodge has 2 bedrooms, both ensuite – one double room with a king sized bed and one twin room with the option of a third bed if required.
Crocus is a one-bedroomed apartment with either a double or twin beds. There is also a very comfortable pull-down double bed in the lounge.
Both properties are entirely on the ground floor.
Facilities: The extensive leisure facilities at Stancombe which are shared with the thirteen other cottages which make the hamlet include:
• Indoor heated pool measuring 6x13 metres
• Tennis court
• Snooker room with full-sized snooker table
• Games room
• BBQ areas
• Pitch and putt
• Outside children's play area
All facilities are freely available and included in the rental tariff.
Fun: Close by there is lots to do:
• Award-winning beaches
• Coast path (books of walks in the property)
• Picturesque seaside villages
• Sailing (2 miles to public slipway at Frogmore)
• Kingsbridge, Salcombe, Dartmouth and Totnes are close by
• National Trust properties
• Slapton Ley – nature reserve at Torcross
• Golf at Thurlestone Bigbury or Dartmouth
• Wide range of pubs and restaurants