Le Petit Bijou is in the Provencal town of Saint Rémy-de-Provence in southern France and is owned by the author Vicki Archer. The house is inspired by the spirit of Vicki's books and her blog ‘French Essence’.
Le Petit Bijou underwent a two year restoration led by the talented local architect Hugues Bosc and has been decorated by Vicki with many pieces sourced from local brocantes.
Vicki has created something that works for those who would like to discover Provence in a stylish way. Le Petit Bijou is all about providing a supremely comfortable retreat after a day of discovery in the region.
Le Petit Bijou is an air-conditioned, two story village house with a sitting room and dining area on the ground floor with a connected kitchen, guest powder-room and a lobby room. The first floor comprises a master bedroom and a double bedroom. The double bedroom opens onto a terrace with views over the garden of the Hôtel de Sade and the village rooftops. There is a separate WC and a bathroom with a shower and bath.
Le Petit Bijou was featured in the August 2014 edition of ''25 Beautiful Homes''.
Le Petit Bijou is right in the center of Saint Rémy-de-Provence in the historical precinct close to the Musée des Alpilles and the Hôtel de Sade. It is in a quiet street off the rue Carnot with its restaurants, a patisserie and a presse. Saint Rémy’s Wednesday market is only a few hundred metres away. The spectacular Alpilles mountain range and the gorgeous village of Eygalieres are nearby.
Saint Rémy-de-Provence is a brilliant jumping off point for Avignon, Aîx-en-Provence, Arles, Maussane-les-Alpilles, Marseille, Nimes and the Camargue. The Luberon, Gordes and Sénanque Abbey with its lavender fields are about 50 minutes away.
The area is well served with transport links.
By train: It is 20kms and 25 minutes’ drive from the TGV fast train station outside Avignon. The TGV operates direct to Avignon from London in the summer months and from Paris year round.
By air: It is 75kms and about 55 minutes’ drive from Marseille Provence airport. There are daily flights to Marseille from London by British Airways, EasyJet and Ryanair and by Air France from Paris. XL Airways operates a New York to Marseille service. The smaller Avignon airport (20kms and 20 minutes) is served by Flybe from Southampton.
Rental cars are available at Avignon TGV train station, Avignon Airport and Marseille Provence Airport.
Inside the property:
• Entrance hall
• Kitchen with oven, microwave and dishwasher
• Two air-conditioned double bedrooms with high-quality Treca beds and views of the village, one with a terrace
• One bathroom with free-standing bath and separate shower
• Two WCs
• Reverse cycle air-conditioning and double glazed windows
• Wide screen television with Canal Plus satellite TV
• Unlimited high-speed wireless Internet
• Telephone for local calls
• Nespresso coffee machine and capsules
• Convenient on-street parking is generally available outside the house
• High grade bed linen and towels from the White Company
• Soaps, shampoo, conditioner and hairdryers
• Separate laundry with washing machine and dryer and consumables
• Mid-week housekeeping for rentals of seven days or more
• Cooking and extra cleaning by arrangement with the Manager
• Detailed written guide on Le Petit Bijou and the surrounding area
• Service by phone or email for recommendations or troubleshooting
• Alarm system and round the clock support for emergencies
Special requests can always be arranged via our local property manager, who is on hand to ensure a perfect holiday experience.