Reconnect with friends and loved ones during your stay at 'The Riverside Lodge.' This vacation rental home in Wilcox boasts 6 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, and 5,000 square feet of living space. Located on the banks of the Clarion River, the lodge is perfect for large groups of 17, with space for 3 more, ready for an exciting getaway in the great outdoors. Spend days fishing for trout behind the property and your evenings enjoying a refreshing beverage on the porch or roasting hot dogs by the fire pit!
Bedroom 1: Queen Bed | Bedroom 2: Queen Bed, 2 Queen Air Mattresses | Bedroom 3: King Bed | Bedroom 4: Full Bed | Bedroom 5: Twin Bed | Bedroom 6: 2 Queen Beds | Additional Sleeping: Couches (not pullouts)
Constructed in 1880, the walls in this lodge are steeped in history. The lodge has had many owners and visitors over the years. The property was previously owned by the team physician of the Steelers and Penguins, and former visitors include Ulysses S. Grant, who visited the lodge on November 5, 1883.
Your favorite space to unwind may be the Hyde-Murphy room that features views of the river, luxurious solid wood-paneled walls, rustic decor, and high ceilings. Step from this room out onto the porch for some fresh air. While you're on the porch, you may catch a glimpse of the eagle that calls the property home!
Though 'The Riverside Lodge' is a historic house, it features all the amenities to suit the needs of the modern traveler. Three flat-screen TVs and free wireless internet access fulfill all of your entertainment needs during downtime!
If you're not dining out at one of the tasty area restaurants, bring your catch of the day into the fully equipped kitchen and prepare a 5-star feast! The kitchen features 2 ovens and everything you need to cook breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
On those pleasant Pennsylvania evenings, step outside and use the charcoal grill to make a tasty barbecue feast. For dessert, roast s'mores around the fire pit!
Whether you sleep in one of the 6 bedrooms or on the couches in the family room, you're bound to wake up feeling refreshed and ready for another day of adventures.
Though you could spend your whole vacation fishing for trout behind 'The Riverside Lodge,' you won't want to miss out on all of the adventures that await just minutes from the property.
Pack a picnic and head to East Branch Dam State Park, Twin Lakes Recreation Area & Black Cherry Trail, or Bendigo State Park to enjoy a meal while getting some fresh air. Swimming, fishing, and hiking can be enjoyed at all 3 parks.
You’ll find some of the state’s best trout fishing starting at the stretch behind the Lodge and fishing upstream for approximately 2 miles to just below East Branch Dam. Additionally, East Branch Dam State Park is perfect for boating.
Over 24,000 acres of state game lands are within a short walking distance from the property and are perfect for hunters or hikers.
Any wine aficionados in your group will surely enjoy checking out some of the wineries in the area. Wilcox Winery, Flickerwood Winery, and Elk Mountain Winery area all just a short drive away. If beer is more of your thing, visit Straub Brewery in St. Mary's, located just 16 miles south.
If you're not utilizing the fully equipped kitchen, take a short drive to tons of different restaurants. From bar fare at Marienstadt Public House to fine dining at the Westline Inn, there's cuisine for everyone in your travel group.
THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, free WiFi, porch with river views, 4 bikes, fire pit, 3 flat-screen TVs, ceiling fans, heating, in-unit laundry machines, parking, and much more!
- Fantastic Wilcox location along the banks of the Clarion River. Enjoy a plethora of outdoor activities just minutes from your home-away-from-home
- Nearest Commercial Airports: Bradford Regional Airport - 212 Airport Rd, Lewis Run, PA 16738, (~27.3 miles away) | Erie International Airport - 4411 W 12th St, Erie, PA 16505, (~117 miles away)
- No Smoking inside the lodge. Smoking is permitted outside
- No pets allowed
- Events, parties and large gatherings of up to 25 guests considered with prior homeowner approval (please contact Evolve for additional information)
- Note that 17 guests can sleep comfortably in the bedrooms, but the addition of 3 guests on the couches is permitted (please inquire with Evolve)
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in