Experience the beauty of the Pacific Northwest when you stay at 'Heron House on Guemes,' a 3-bed, 3-bath vacation rental home! Built by a local island contractor, this custom built master home boasts 3,443 square feet, accommodations for 8 guests, and commanding views of Bellingham Channel, Cypress Island, the Anacortes mainland, and Lopez Island.
*Please note that the cleaning/maintenance contact lives on site, in a completely separate unit, and may be present during your stay*
Master Bedroom: King Bed | Bedroom 2: Queen Bed | Bedroom 3: Queen Bed | Media Room: Queen Sleeper Sofa
Hand-crafted cedar gates and log pole trusses fashioned from trees on the island greet you as you arrive at 'Heron House on Guemes.' Follow the hand-laid stone paths past the 2 Tracy Powell heron carvings and bubbling fountain in the lush courtyard and enter your new home-away-from-home!
Terracotta floor tiles from a 300-year-old monastery in France highlight the open and inviting living space! Unwind on the plush sectional sofa and reconnect with loved ones as you gaze through the windows at the picturesque views. On chilly nights, turn on the beautifully tiled gas fireplace to create a cozy ambiance.
When bellies start to rumble, make your way into the fully equipped gourmet kitchen to prepare a tasty meal. Wood cabinets, stone and wood countertops, and stainless steel appliances make cooking at home a breeze. Keep the chef company at the 2-person breakfast bar or the comfy built-in window seat. When the food is ready, set the table for 6 and enjoy dinner with a view surrounded by friends and family.
After the plates have been cleared, spend quality time with family in the recreation room. With plush furnishings, a 4-person table, and a ping pong table, you'll spend hours having fun in this room. Make some popcorn in the kitchen and sit down to a movie in the media room. The flat-screen Smart TV features Apple TV and Netflix to stream your favorites or select a DVD from the provided library and enjoy. The built-in Bose Surround Sound system creates a true movie theater experience.
Of course, you didn't come all the way out here to spend all of your time inside! Step out to the spacious patio, fire up the gas grill, and feast on delicious barbecue al fresco at the outdoor table. You won't have trouble getting close to nature and loved ones as you look out at Bellingham Channel, Cypress Island, the Anacortes mainland, Lopez Island, the Olympic Mountain Range, and watch the ferries crossing in the distance. Keep an eye out for the resident eagles, raccoons, deer, and occasional whales, delighting everyone in your group!
When your eyes begin to get heavy, retire to the master bedroom to rest your head on the king bed. With a vintage chest of drawers, wardrobe, reading corner, en-suite bathroom, and access to the upper balcony offering one of the best views on the island, the master bedroom is truly a peaceful sanctuary! The rest of the group will rest easy in the queen beds in the other 2 bedrooms or on the queen sleeper sofa in the media room.
Because the home is located on an island, guests will need to take a 5 minute ferry ride to get to local attractions, shops, and restaurants in Anacortes. Anacortes is truly a foodie paradise with fine dining, family restaurants, charming bistros, local pubs, and more! Browse the boutique shops and antique stores that line the streets before sitting down to a gourmet meal at 5th Street Bistro, Adrift as well as the other fine restaurants in Historic Anacortes.
Spend the afternoon walking along the sandy shores or enjoying a beach picnic with 2 beach accesses available a quarter of a mile in either direction. Lace up your hiking boots and explore the island or take the ferry to Anacortes and check out the Guemes Channel Trail, Cap Sante Park, or the Little Cranberry Lake Trail.
Book a whale watching tour through Island Adventures and spot the orca and gray whales majestically swimming in the cool waters. Anglers will want to book a fishing trip with Highliner Charters where you can hook salmon, halibut, and lingcod.
There are plenty of day trip destinations close to 'Heron House on Guemes!' Make the trip to Deception Pass, Washington's most-visited state park featuring rugged cliffs, mysterious coves, and mind-blowing sunsets. Be sure to visit Mount Baker, Guemes Mountain Trail, and the San Juan Islands during your stay.
THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped gourmet kitchen with stainless steel appliances, 4-burner range, convection oven, k-cup coffee machine, blender, oversized toaster oven, pressure cooker, 52-inch flat-screen Smart TV, Apple TV, Netflix, DVD player, DVD library, Bose Surround Sound entertainment system, ping pong table, 300-year-old terracotta tile flooring, gas fireplace, gas grill, 3 adult bicycles, 1 youth bicycle, free WiFi, in-unit laundry machines, spacious patio with outdoor furniture, Pack-n-Play, kid-friendly kitchenware, Amazon Alexa in multiple rooms to play music, read news, play games, and more.
- Incredible Anacortes location - Close to the beach, hiking, shopping, galleries, antique stores, restaurants, whale watching, fishing, Deception Pass, Mount Baker, the San Juan Islands, and much more!
- Nearest Commercial Airports: Bellingham International Airport - 4255 Mitchell Way, Bellingham, WA 98226, ( ~ 50.5 miles away) | Seattle–Tacoma International Airport - 17801 International Blvd, Seattle, WA 98158, (~99.2 miles away)
- No smoking
- No pets allowed
- No events, parties or large gatherings
- Please note that the cleaning/maintenance contact lives on site, in a completely separate unit, and may be present during your stay
- Please note that the home is located on an island and a 5 minute ferry ride is required to reach the property
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in