Evolve Vacation Rental Network
- English, French, German, Spanish
Minimum age of primary renter:25
Beautiful accommodations and area. Not many activities or stores nearby. Cellphone service non existent. WiFi a bit spotty. Perfect place to relax and get caught up with lone time friends.
Great house for a great vacation!
We were a group of 5 couples that enjoyed spending four nights in this house while spending time in upper Michigan. The home provided plenty of room for our group. The guys spent three days golfing at two nearby golf courses and the gals had fun checking out many of the small boutiques in Sault Ste Marie. Jackie, the Property Manager, was great to work with and very accommodating to help out. The TV in the main living room was not working properly when we arrived and she came out the same night to check it out and then came back the next day with a brand new TV in time for us to watch the Packer game!!! The kitchen was very well stocked and we used the grill two of the four nights we were there and cooked breakfast all four days we were there. We went to the Lock View Restaurant for fish and it was great. The only negative was that cell phone service and internet service was not very good but that is certainly not the fault of the owner or the property manager. There was a phone land line available to use if necessary. In fact, sometimes it's ok to be " a bit disconnected"! We saw some deer on the property and also saw beautiful sunrises!! Great vacation home with lots of room for big groups!
Maintenance repairs needed
2 toilets not secured to floor tightly. Bedroom #2 did not have curtin in bathroom which had large window facing the main driveway. Toilet roll holders not full secured to wall. In bedroom #2 clothing item found under bed. Limited amount of silverware in kitchen. BBQ grill racks were dirty. Window in basement bedroom broke.
House is beautiful but needs a few items repaired.
This house is very large and easily accommodated our large group of 21. The beds are comfy. We did have a couple issues that were promptly remedied. The wifi is slow and cell service is spotty, but I don't miss it while on vacation.
Beautiful house with lots of potential
We stayed here for a large family vacation in June 2019. Overall, we all had a great time and will have lots of lasting memories. I'll start with the good:
- Tons of room; we had 23 people and it never felt like we were crowded. There were beds and bathrooms for everyone which was great!
- Many amenities; there was a piano which we used; the ping pong and pool tables were used all the time; we didn't watch a lot of TV but it was available and with lots of channel options.
- Loved the kitchen and dining area; like many families, we cooked, ate and laughed together in this area which was plenty big for many of us.
- The views from the main room were beautiful. We saw some ships on the river which was fun for the kids.
- Most of the furniture was lovely and comfortable.
- The property manager was AWESOME! We checked in with each other and she was wonderfully responsive and great to work with. Loved working with her.
Now the not so good:
- The whole house needs a good deep cleaning. It's probably been years since someone vacuumed under the beds downstairs. The carpet is also very dirty; walking around the house in bare feet gives you black feet.
- There were some broken things in the house. When the property manager came over, I went through all of this with her and I'm sure they will be resolved, but some of these things could be dangerous: a broken chair, the porch stairs, flat rocks out front with screws sticking out, the rotten step outside to the kitchen.
- Some basic maintenance should be done to make it ready for renters. Things such a ceiling tiles missing; light bulbs burned out or gone; door handles are loose or coming off; silverware for enough guests.
Overall, this house has great potential but needs some money put into it to get to 5 stars. I'd hate to see the rental demand go down from things that could easily be fixed. I have complete faith that the property manager will do what she can with the owner to get this property improved, but I'd have to make sure these things were fixed before staying here again with a full family with several kids.
Our experience at the cabin was spectacular!!!!
The property is very well designed and the accommodations were wonderful! Even though we had a large group, we felt very comfortable and enjoyed the massive amount of space available. I would recommend this cabin to anyone. The views and setting were amazing. We hope to stay again next year too!