|Minimum Stay||1 - 7 nights|
Goodnight Moon in Grayton, located at #2 Magnolia Street, is a newly renovated, vintage style cottage in historic Old Grayton Beach. It is situated off the main road in the beach community of 'Old Grayton', nestled under oak and magnolia trees (a shady retreat from the Florida sun!). The location is peaceful and secluded allowing guests to enjoy early morning coffee or late afternoon cocktails on the screened porch just 3 blocks from the white sandy beaches.
The vaulted ceilings of the spacious great room lend an open feel to the cottage. This space includes the newly renovated kitchen, dining and living areas. The dining table can easily accommodate 6-8. The original artwork hung throughout the great room continues down the hall and into the 3 bedrooms. There is a large master bedroom with a king size bed. The middle bedroom has a queen size bed and a full size washer/dryer closet. The bunk room has twin beds. All linens, including 100% linen pillow cases, bath towels and beach towels are provided. The bathroom's marble vanity has 2 sinks and a combination tub/shower. There is a fully enclosed outdoor shower with hot and cold water just outside the side porch entrance.
In a separate storage room behind the cottage you will find the beach wagon loaded with 3 chairs, a cooler, beach toys and an umbrella. An outdoor grill is also kept in the storage area. And don't overlook the picnic table for outdoor dining!
The owners, who also manage the cottage, live close by on Western Lake and will be available to answer questions or help with arrangements during your stay.
Wynne and Ben Freeman purchased this cottage in 2013
My husband's family has had a cottage in the historic Old Grayton community since 1936. Our girls spent many summers in Grayton alongside their grandparents and cousins. After raising our family in Mobile, Al, we retired to our permanent home on Western Lake overlooking Old Grayton. The quirky village of Grayton has always been a huge part of our family life. We took great care and pride in our renovation of Goodnight Moon cottage. We consider Grayton our home and we hope you will enjoy it, as we have.
Goodnight Moon is located in historic 'Old Grayton' just 3 blocks or 3 tenths of a mile from the beach in Grayton.
With queen and king bedrooms Goodnight Moon is a perfect retreat for a couples' weekend, a small family or a girls' getaway. The bunk room is well-suited for kids and adults, as well.
Wonderful for the price. Great location away from 30a just enough. Beautiful Beach. Good Night Moon was lovely and charming. Comfy Couch and places to sit for morning coffee. Nice and clean bedrooms and bathroom. I loved the outdoor shower. Beds were a bit hard could use another layer of cushion. Overall a sweet spot at Grayton Beach!
We had a blast at Goodnight Moon! Such a thoughtful renovation -- every detail was perfect. Great for a small family with a toddler. Thanks, Wynne!
Quaint clean little cottage in Grayton. Very close to shopping and dining in Grayton, Watercolor and Seaside. Enjoyed our stay .
Goodnight Moon is the perfect getaway. Fresh, clean cottage steps away from beautiful Greyton beach and near anything you could possibly want on 30A. We are returning visitors and will definitely come again!!
This home should be in a magazine! It is incredible! The fridge is awesome and all the bed linens were just that.... They were made of pure linen and they were monogrammed with Good Night Moon!!! There were fresh flowers in every single room and it was like a 2nd honeymoon to us! We felt so special!!! We were coming in the middle of a hurricane and the owners promptly responded and sent us weather reports. It is so private and I could go on and on! The outside shower is fabulous to wash away the sand. The front screened porch was perfect. We stayed there for most of our trip! There was a well put together notebook that had any kind of local info we needed.!
Another great stay at Grayton Beach! and Goodnight Moon made it even better. We enjoyed it so much in 2015 that we made another trip. The house if so comfortable, beautifully decorated and Wynn's personal touches are something you don't get in your typical beach rental. The fact that she is local makes a difference in the attention to detail. We enjoyed the local restaurants, bars and shops. Grayton Beach is a well kept little secret on 30A. I especially like the limited size of Grayton Beach and that the roads are not packed with bumper to bumper traffic. Goodnight Moon makes it even better, makes me wish that I lived there permanently.
Grayton Beach is an historic seaside town surrounded on 3 sides by state parks. It is one of the oldest beach communities on Florida's gulf coast c.1890. It is located between the diverse coastal system of Grayton Beach State Park and Western Lake. The lake serves as a gateway to the gulf and the sugar sand beaches of Grayton.
The beach, restaurants, general store, massage service and shops are all available within walking distance from the cottage. Sport fishing excursions leave right from the beach in Grayton. Stand up paddle boards and kayaks are available for rent including delivery and pick-up. You may enjoy a bike ride along the 20 mile bike/jogging path that links the coastal communities of Blue Mountain, Watercolor, Seaside and Rosemary Beach. Goodnight Moon is located approximately 3 blocks or 528 yards to the nearest beach access.
Grayton is located between 2 airports. The new Panama City airport to the east is serviced by Delta and Southwest while the Ft Walton airport to the west is serviced by Delta, American Eagle and US Airways.
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£160|
|Cleaning fee||£100 + Tax|
|handling fee||£48 + Tax|
House Rules and Cancellation Policy
1. CHECK-IN TIME IS AFTER 3 P.M. CST AND CHECK-OUT TIME IS 10 A.M. CST.
2. This is a NON-SMOKING house. Violation of this rule will result in eviction and loss of security deposit.
3. PETS ARE NOT PERMITTED in the house or on the property under any conditions. Violation of this rule will result in eviction and loss of security deposit.
4. HURRICANE OR STORM POLICY: No refunds will be given. Hurricane season is June 1 – November 30.
5. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY- Max number of guests is limited to six (6) persons.
6. Minimum Age of Renter: 25 years old 7. PAYMENT – An advance payment equal to 50% of the “sub total" (rental rate + cleaning fee + tax) is required within seven (7) days of booking the reservation. 8. DAMAGE/SECURITY DEPOSIT- A damage deposit of $200 is required.
9. CANCELLATIONS – Cancellations that are made more than forty-five (45) days prior to the arrival date will result in a refund of all advance payments and deposits, minus a book-keeping fee of $75. Cancellations, or changes that result in a shortened stay, that are made within 45 days of the arrival date forfeit the full advance payment which is equal to 1/2 of the total + any vrbo fees. In the event of a late cancellation, the Owner will make every effort to re-rent the home. If the home is re-rented, a refund shall be given in the amount equal to 90% of the original rental. If a renter is concerned about a potential need to cancel the rental, the renter is advised to purchase travel insurance separately.
10. NO DAILY MAID SERVICE
11. PARKING – Goodnight Moon has parking for 2 vehicles only.