Make the most of your time in the Pocono Mountains when you stay at this 2-bedroom, 1.5-bathroom vacation rental house that sleeps 8 guests. The traditional decor and charm of this cozy getaway are sure to help you unwind in style. Your nearest neighbors will be deer wandering across the spacious yard, though the attractions of Blakeslee and the Poconos lie just steps away. Find scenic beauty and outdoor adventure for all seasons in the nearby nature parks or out on Jack Frost Mountain Resort.
Master Bedroom: King Bed, Twin Bed | Bedroom 2: Full Bed, Pullout Twin Bed | Living Room: Pullout Bed | Additional Sleeping: Inflatable Mattress Upon Request
This forest retreat boasts 1,300 square feet of traditional charm, with hardwood floors and exposed beams detailing the ceiling. Wall-to-wall grid windows expose a panoramic view of the backyard and let the natural light flood in to emphasize the spacious open floor plan.
Take a seat on the stylish suede couches in the living room as your group settles around the wood-burning fireplace. Soak in the view from the windows while you plan your next trip out into the mountains using the wireless internet access. Around the corner, you can watch a movie on the flat-screen Smart TV.
The fully equipped kitchen has everything you need to prepare a home-cooked meal. Spacious countertops and shiplap cupboards feature on the peninsula, where you can also pull up a seat. Eat around the craftsman-style hardwood dining table, where the wall-to-wall windows create a beautiful dining setting.
Step through the French doors to relax out on the deck or in the Adirondack chairs on the screened-in porch. As the stars begin to appear, gather around the stone fire pit and reflect on another unforgettable day in the Pocono Mountains.
Retreat to the master bedroom and head into the en-suite bathroom to soak away your worries in the freestanding bathtub or glass-enclosed walk-in shower. Sink into the plush king bed for a blissful night's sleep as your travel companion dozes off in the nearby twin bed.
The Poconos adventures begin in the backyard of your vacation property. The Austin T. Blakeslee Natural Area awaits just behind the property and features the powerful Tobyhanna Falls a few minutes walk away. Hickory Run State Park is 18 miles away and is among the many nearby parks that promise a full day of exploring.
The region boasts some of the best whitewater rafting in the Northeast so be sure to book a trip with Pocono Whitewater or one of the many other guide companies for a great day out in the mountains. For a change of pace, the historic town of Jim Thorpe is 25 miles away and promises an immersive history experience.
Make sure to eat at local favorite Chat-n-Chew Cafe before heading out for a day on the slopes at Camelback Mountain Resort or Jack Frost Mountain Resort. Both parks have activities for every season and Kalahari Water Park - America's largest indoor water park - offers activities for kids of all ages.
Adventurous types will find that Skirmish Paintball and Pocono Raceway both offer a great day's worth of activities. Make sure to stop at one of the nearby breweries for a pint and a delicious meal on your way home.
THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully-equipped kitchen, free WiFi, washer and dryer, wood-burning fireplace (guests must provide own firewood), flat-screen Smart TV, DVD Player, CD collection with over 800 CDs, charcoal grill, deck, screened-in porch, fire pit, private backyard, driveway parking for 4 vehicles and more
- Peaceful Poconos location - Set in the town of Blakeslee on a private forested lot, this house lets you relax in privacy but is still located close to attractions like Jack Frost and Camelback Mountain Resorts, nature preserves and the best of the Poconos
- Nearest Commercial Airport-Wilkes-Barre/Scranton International Airport - 100 Terminal Road, Avoca, PA 18641, (~24.5 miles away)
- No smoking
- No pets allowed
- No events, parties or large gatherings
- Please bring your own linens and towels
- An air mattress is available upon request for additional sleeping space
- Additional Rules: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jJBNXK6IlmWGBYeBQSUevBeTW7U4PwY3mV3M_WRyRl8/edit?usp=sharing
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in