*Please note that the homeowner has a locked-off master bedroom at the property that cannot be used by guest*
Breathtaking desert flowers and New Mexico mountains surround your sunny getaway in the charming town of Alamogordo. Your party of up to 6 will love this spacious 2-bedroom, 1-bathroom home with additional sleeping in the sunroom. Less than an hour from White Sands National Monument, Cloudcroft, and Ruidoso, you'll have many adventures to embark on during your stay.
Bedroom 1: Queen Bed | Bedroom 2: Full Futon | Sunroom: Spare Mattress
A quiet, private drive leads you to your New Mexico home-away-from-home in the Tularosa Basin of the Chihuahuan Desert, bordered by the beautiful Sacramento Mountains to the east. Take in your surroundings from the 200-square-foot deck and enjoy sunny afternoons in the spacious back patio throughout your stay.
Inside, comfortable furniture and all the home essentials invite hours of relaxation, as skylight windows brighten the vaulted ceiling living space with exposed wood beams. Unwind in front of the flat-screen cable TV and watch favorite shows or movies during your downtime.
The fully equipped kitchen includes everything you’ll need to prepare gourmet recipes for any meal, including stainless steel appliances and an espresso machine to energize your vacation mornings. Set the classic 4-person oak table and share your home-cooked feasts with loved ones.
Catch some privacy before bed and cozy up on the wicker bench in the sunroom, which also has a toaster oven to heat up some leftovers as a late-night snack. When you’re ready to call it a day, the main bedroom provides a brand new queen bed and the converted office bedroom hosts a comfy fold-out futon bed.
Perfect for adventurous couple and families seeking an outdoorsy desert experience, this home lies within walking distance to Desert Foothills Park - a large, public recreation area with paved trails, picnic pavilions and more. Venture a little further with a 25-minute drive to White Sands National Monument and observe the rare, gypsum sand dune landscape.
Horse Ridge, Ortega Peak, and Herberger Peak are all waiting to be hiked just minutes from your door and, if you’re traveling in the winter, Ski Cloudcroft is just a half hour away. Take a break from the outdoor recreation and visit the New Mexico Museum of Space History or the Alameda Park Zoo.
Head about an hour north to spend a day in Ruidoso or stay closer to home and treat yourself to quaint nights out in the town of Alamogordo. Stroll through local parks, stop in local boutiques and thrift stores, and test out popular eateries like Brown Bag Deli and Memories.
THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, espresso machine, free WiFi, flat-screen cable TV with DVD player, central refrigerated air, parking, extra mattress, sunroom, spacious yard, and more
-Wifi is available at Plateau - very nice coffee place close to NMSU
- Beautiful New Mexico home in Alamogordo. Less than an hour from White Sands National Monument, Cloudcroft, and Ruidoso. Visit the Holloman Air Force Base, local shops, and restaurants in town
- Nearest Commercial Airport: Albuquerque International Sunport, 2200 Sunport Blvd, Albuquerque, NM 87106 (~210 miles away)
- No smoking
- No pets allowed
- No events, parties or large gatherings
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Note that 4 guests can sleep comfortably in the bedrooms and 2 guests can sleep comfortably on the spare mattress in the sun room, bringing the maximum occupancy to a total of 6
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in