|Minimum Stay||3 - 7 nights|
Shalimar is a superb holiday house in an idyllic location next to Anagach Woods yet only a short walk to Grantown's shops, pubs and restaurants. From the end of the drive, you are also just a short walk or cycle through the woods to the River Spey. It is ideal for dog-walking!
Shalimar is a fabulous, traditional house in a wonderful setting. We have extensively refurbished it for real comfort and modern day living while retaining its original features and character.
Shalimar has been furnished to a very high standard and can accommodate 8 guests more than comfortably. It is ideal for families and extended families with plenty of room for everyone; children and dogs are welcome.
Free WiFi is available; welcome pack, heating, bed linen & towels are included; cot and high chair are provided.
Shalimar is available to let all year round and is warm and comfortable even in extreme Grantown winters!
• Living Room - this is a lovely family room with large corner sofa, separate armchair and footstool, oak coffee table, flat screen TV with Free Sat & DVD.
• Kitchen / Diner - the kitchen is fully equipped for a wonderful self catering holiday: Neff double oven, built-in microwave & induction hob; large fridge/freezer; island with breakfast bar, double sink & built-in dishwasher.
• There is plenty of crockery, cutlery & glasses, a good range of saucepans & cooking utensils.
• Utility cupboard with washer / drier.
• The entrance hall, kitchen / diner and sunroom all have top quality, natural oak floor.
• Sunroom - this is a really relaxing room from which to enjoy the superb views of the woods whatever the weather; it is light and airy with a vaulted ceiling; double doors opening on to the patio.
• Snug - this is an extra living room (or children's play room) with sofa, sofabed, bean bags, flat screen TV with DVD & Wii.
• Downstairs shower room with large shower, WC & basin with mirror and heated towel rail.
• There is a good selection of DVDs, books and family games for you to enjoy during your stay.
• The vestibule has plenty of hooks for your coats and a boot rack.
• A good night's sleep is priceless, especially on holiday, and all of the bedrooms have comfortable divan beds with pocket sprung mattresses and padded headboards; the duvets and pillows are warm, comfortable and hypo allergenic.
• The master bedroom is a superb, large room with dual-aspect; there is a king-size double bed, large wardrobe and a chest of drawers with mirror; a hair dryer & clock radio are provided for your enjoyment.
• The master bedroom has an en-suite shower room with large shower cubicle, WC & basin, with vanity unit & large mirror; there is a heated towel rail and under-tile heating to keep your feet warm.
• The family bedroom is another large room with dual-aspect; we have arranged the bedroom with 3 single beds for the most flexible accommodation to suit your family's needs. There is a chest of drawers, built-in shelves and wardrobe.
• The twin bedroom contains 2 single beds, a chest of drawers and wardrobe.
•The single bedroom contains a single bed and chest of drawers.
• The family bathroom has a walk-in shower cubicle, extra large bath for a fantastic soak after a busy day's activities; WC, basin with vanity unit & large mirror; there is a heated towel rail and under-tile heating to keep your feet warm.
• The approach to Shalimar is down a lovely private driveway.
• There is ample space for parking.
• The garage is the perfect place to store your equipment during your stay. There is plenty of room for all your bikes, canoes, skis, golf clubs, fishing rods etc.
• There is a BBQ, parasol & seat cushions for the outdoor chairs in the garage.
• The large patio deck is a wonderful area to enjoy the views to the woods. It is a real sun trap and the perfect place for a summer BBQ or glass of wine. The patio is enclosed by a balustrade and gates making it safe for children and pets.
• From the patio, there are gates and steps to the lower turfed garden.
We have equipped Shalimar so that it is a really practical yet comfortable home for you to enjoy during your holiday. Here are some of the facilities and amenities on offer:
• There are wood-burning stoves in the Living Room and Kitchen / Diner. There is a supply of logs in the covered log store next to the garage.
• The Living Room and Snug both have flat screen TVs with FreeSat channels & DVD players.
• WiFi is available free of charge so you can keep in touch with the office or friends and family while enjoying your holiday.
• There is a Wii console in the Snug to keep you or your children amused.
• There is a good selection of books, DVDs, family games.
• We take your safety seriously and provide a fire extinguisher and fire blanket in the kitchen; the wood-burning stoves have fireguards; we also provide socket covers.
We originally bought Shalimar as a holiday home and had some fantastic holidays in Grantown-on-Spey. So much so that we relocated and it became our own family home!
We have renovated and extended Shalimar bringing a lovely old house into the 21st century with a quality finish rarely found in old buildings. You will love the large kitchen / diner, the sun room with stunning views of the woods and its warmth and cosiness.
We have had to move house because of our jobs, but we hope to be able to move back at some point in the future! In the meantime, we are delighted to make our lovely home available to others so that you may enjoy the setting and the house for a wonderful holiday in one of the most beautiful parts of Scotland. Our aim is to provide everything you need for a superb self-catering holiday.
Steve and Fiona Lawrence purchased this house in 2007
Thank you for such a great week. The house, we all have to say, is the best we have stayed in over the last dozen plus years of coming up to Nethybridge, so looks like Grantown has won us over. Suffice to say, the clear vote of all on the way home was “can we book for next year please”.
We are a group of 8 adults from Edinburgh who stayed in Shalimar for 4 days in January. Steve was very helpful with our booking, and supplied us with all the necessary information before our stay.
Shalimar is a lovely big house and we were very happy with our trip. It is the perfect base to explore the Cairngorms, and the woods are very easily accessible for gentle daytime walks. The house is set far enough back that you have enough privacy, yet within walking distance to the main high street which has plenty of shops to supply everything you need for your trip. The house is very spacious, and despite there being quite a large group, still allowed for everyone to have their own privacy and break off for different activities. The kitchen/dining area is definitely the heart of the home, and where a lot of our holiday was spent! I'd highly recommend Shalimar, and look forward to returning in the future!
This was our 2nd stay at Shalimar as a party of 4 adults and 4 children age 12, 8, 7, 6 years. The house has everything you could need and the owners are great, replying immediately to any questions and nothing is a trouble. In 2014 we asked for all the children to share the triple room and they placed an extra bed for them. This year the eldest needed her own space so the 4th single room was ideal. Unfortunately my son broke his arm on the 5th day so I ended up spending the remaining 2 days of our holiday in Inverness hospital with him, ending our holiday dramatically. Despite this we still had a great time and wouldn't hesitate to stay in Shalimar again. We find the May half term week great as the scottish schools are not on holiday so it's relatively quiet and there is so much to do in the area. The walks in the forest out the front of the house are magical when the sun in shining through the trees, some paths lead to the speyside way, we walked all the way to Nethy Bridge, where the fateful incident occurred!! Just along the road is Craggan Outdoors where we had a great game of frisbee golf, the funniest thing I've done in a while despite getting drenched! The Highland Wildlife park is also worth a visit and we all love Landmark!
If you're looking for a great family holiday with loads to keep the kids busy, this house would be your perfect base, don't look any further.
Shalimar is a wonderful clean,spacious, well appointed family house to rent. Communication and instructions regarding the rental were excellent. We were lucky enough to see deer and red squirrels in the wood behind the house. Grantown is a lovely town and has everything you need to hand. We all hope to return to shalimar soon.
We stayed at Shalimar for New Year this year and had an amazing time. We also stayed two years ago when it was equally great. The house is wonderful with a fab very spacious kitchen (with no lack of cupboard space and high spec appliances) which houses a great long dining table at which many a fun meal with good food and wine has been spent! The cosy sitting room with the huge L shaped sofa was a haven for evening chat and board game fun (board games courtesy of Shalimar also). The biggest benefit of both these rooms are the wood burning stoves which not only provide lots of heat but also add to the whole ambiance. The bedrooms are all very comfortable and there are plenty of bathrooms/shower rooms. The house is ideal for families or groups of friends. We have taken both, and they have all loved it, The property despite its size is very cosy, clean and incredibly comfortable. It has a lovely garden but with both our stays being winter, we haven't had much benefit of either the gardens, the terrace at the back or the conservatory but we will definitely return for a summer stay. The owners are very helpful and attentive - not that we ever needed to call on them for anything. We will most definitely visit again.. We just love it!
This was our first time staying at Shalimar, having previously had great experiences staying in the owner's other property, The Aspens.
The house was everything that we expected, and more.
Clean, warm, well presented and equipped with all the mod cons you could ask for.
Situated in a quiet residential street and close to the forest, it's location was well appreciated by the kids as well as the dogs, with bike tracks aplenty.
As to a recommendation on how good this property is, we've already booked for October 2015!
We booked Shalimar for 2 families of 4 (2 adults and 2 children) for a week in May half term. We have stayed at many properties both in the UK and abroad and this is the 1st time we have come home wanting to book again. The house was perfect and we couldn't have wanted for anything more. The booking process was easy, never before have we had such a speedy response both in the booking process and whenever we had an enquiry, responses came back almost immediately. All rooms were clean and well kept, the house has plenty of space and the outside decking area is great. We did a lovely walk from the house into the woods behind and along the Spey, this was just one of the many walks you could do straight from the house. The spare lounge was perfect for the children to watch their own movies or play on the wii.
I would not hesitate to recommend Shalimar and am hoping to return again soon
We absolutely love this part of the world! Shalimar is situated in a quiet residential street on the edge of Grantown-on-Spey, the capital of the beautiful region of Strathspey in the Cairngorms National Park. The woods are right on your doorstep with excellent walks and bike trails but all of the amenities you would expect are within a 10 minute walk. You will see wonderful wildlife, from capercaillie to red squirrels to deer and if you are very lucky, Ospreys. The mountains at CairnGorm or The Lecht are within easy reach for a day on the slopes. The lovely unspoiled beaches of the Moray Coast are just a few miles to the north and you can see whales and dolphins at Spey Bay. Speyside is the heart of Malt Distilling country and there are local distilleries to visit for a wee dram at Dalwhinnie or Cardhu (among others). The river Spey, just 5 minutes' walk away, is one of the best rivers in Scotland for salmon and trout fishing. There are many local golf courses with wonderful views of the beautiful scenery. Other local attractions include: the Highland Wildlife Park, Newtonmore Folk Museum, Landmark Forest Adventure Park at Carrbridge, Highland shows and Highland games, farmers' markets, Motormania, Thunder in the Glens, Christmas torch parade, Hogmanay in the Square.
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£150|
We are happy to consider short breaks outside of the school holidays. Short break tariffs are available on our website. As a guide, rates are approximately 60% of the weekly rate for 3 nights and 70% for 4 nights. Please contact us for Christmas and New Year prices. For full terms and conditions, please see our website.