**Please note that there is another cabin on the property, and the homeowners are occasionally there on weekends**
Escape the chaos of everyday life at this 2-bedroom + loft, 1-bathroom vacation rental cabin in Moravian Falls that sleeps 6! The peaceful nature bliss combined with the cozy interior of this humble abode offers the ideal place to rest and destress. Reconnect with yourself and your loved ones as you gather around the fire pit to admire the unrivaled views of the Brushy Mountains!
*Please note that this is a mountain property and driving conditions can be steep. Refer to listing instructions for more information*
Bedroom 1: Queen Bed | Bedroom 2: Full Bed | Loft: 2 Full Beds
Cruise along the scenic roads of Moravian Falls to discover this pastoral paradise situated on the top of a mountain. Inside 1,100 square feet of living space are vaulted ceilings, hardwood floors, and wood log walls, creating the snug ambiance of a classic cabin.
A gorgeous floor-to-ceiling, stone, wood-burning fireplace highlights the living room, along with mountain-themed decor. During downtime, sink into the gray sofa or plush armchair and stream your favorite movie on the flat-screen TV!
With modern appliances in the well-equipped kitchen, plus a gas grill on the deck, cooking will be a breeze! Cook up a wholesome meal for the family and gather at the eat-in table or rustic dining table to enjoy.
You're sure to fall in love with the outdoor space, as it features a wraparound deck, patio furniture, and mesmerizing mountain views. On cooler evenings, stroll across the lawn to warm up in front of the circular fire pit lined with stones!
For a deep slumber, curl up in the beds of the 2 bedrooms. Additional sleeping can be found in the loft which features 2 comfortable full-sized beds.
This primely located home offers exhilarating views in all seasons, making it the ultimate weekend getaway for nature lovers. Unplug and get away from it all as you watch the sunrise or sunset, read a book on the deck, or stroll the surrounding property.
Nearby are several festivals that occur throughout the year, such as MerleFest in April, Carolina Jam Festival, and Carolina in the Fall - both occurring in September. There are also musical events held periodically for May through October in Wilkesboro and N. Wilkesboro as well as the Brushy Mountain Apple Festival in October. Just 20 minutes away is Deal Apple Orchards, where you can snag a variety of fresh fruit, jams, and honey!
If you’re interested in learning more about North Wilkesboro, please visit downtownnorthwilkesboro.com or wilkesboronorthcarolina.com to discover many music events and popular restaurants in the area. The schedule for the “Downtown Concert Series” in Wilkesboro, which is held at the new 3-million dollar state-of-the-art outdoor theater/park, as well as information regarding the “Concerts on the Deck” in North Wilkesboro that is held every 3rd Friday is listed online.
For an outdoor activity, head to Rocky Face Mountain Recreational Area to hike, or Smitheys Creek Public Use Area for a day canoeing on the water. Also check out Zaloo's Canoes Kayaks and Tubes to explore the best stretch of the New River. An hour drive will take you to Stone Mountain State Park, home to an old homestead and 14,000 acres for fishing, hiking, and climbing!
If you prefer to stay close to the cabin, hike or bike the nearby trails, visit Sun Crest Water Park, or tour Copper Barrel Distillery in North Wilkesboro. A man by the name of Sam Cabe, who was a Revenuer, used to live in the cabin and made his own moonshine under the cabin which is where the name 'Bootlegger Ridge' originated from. The cabin is also a short drive from Appalachian State University and Blowing Rock which provides excellent shopping, dining and art galleries. Blowing Rock is near Boone which is the home of Appalachian State and offers beautiful views of Grandfather Mountain and the quaint town of Valle Crucis.
THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a well-equipped kitchen, cookware, dishware, flat-screen Smart TV with Netflix, free WiFi, central heating and air conditioning, a wood-burning fireplace, furnished wrap-around deck, gas grill, fire pit (wood not provided), parking for 2 vehicles on the property, and more!
- Quiet Moravian Falls Location - Resting amid the peace of nature and minutes from Deal Apple Orchards, several nature areas, and nearby towns!
- Nearest commercial airport: Charlotte Douglas International Airport - 5501 Josh Birmingham Pkwy, Charlotte, NC 28208, (~ 76 miles away)
- Another commercial airport: Piedmont Triad International Airport - 1000 Ted Johnson Pkwy, Greensboro, NC 27409, (~83 miles away)
- No smoking
- Pet friendly with $50 per stay fee (dogs only, maximum 1 allowed, must be well-behaved and house broken)
- No events, parties or large gatherings
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Please note that linens and towels are not provided at the property. It is recommended that you supply your own. Upon request, linens are available directly from the owner
- Please note that there is another cabin on the property, and the homeowners are occasionally there on weekends. If you prefer to have the mountain to yourself, please contact Evolve to schedule dates when the homeowner is not there
- Please note that the gravel road up to the cabin is very steep in certain places and requires a suitable vehicle that can climb a steep incline, preferably one with 4-Wheel or AWD. Please note a refund will not be issued if you fail to follow instructions and cannot make it up the incline due to your vehicle
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in