Los Almendros is an upscale, beachfront development on Playa Ocotal's northern shore. This modern gated community has 43 privately owned condominiums. The development has 3 swimming pools, 2 outdoor barbecues and a covered gazebo. Condo 42 is the end unit on Los Almendros' premium front row. The condo's rear patio is located directly above a small tropical forest. The patio has a beautiful ocean view. It also provides nature lovers an excellent vantage point to observe many colourful birds, howler monkeys, and other amazing wildlife living in the trees below. It is a short 2 minute walk down the hill from the condo to Ocotal Beach.
Our condo is rated as one of Los Almendros' superior rental units. This condo is Los Almendros' most popular and best equipped two bedroom unit. We offer many extras to our guests that enable them to have a more memorable and relaxing vacation:
1) Beautiful ocean view
2) Very quiet and private. No condos above or below. No passing auto traffic
3) Screened rear patio with overhead fan and light
4) Member privileges at "The Club at Coco Bay" Exercise Gym, tennis courts, swimming pools, yoga, restaurant
5) 42 inch sony flat screen television, dvd player and music system
6) Los Almendros' best equipped kitchen with breakfast bar
7) Tastefully decorated with art and pottery from five Latin American countries
8) Three independently controlled split level A/C units (living room, and both bedrooms)
10) Honeywell combination safe (combo set by guest)
11) Deadbolt locks on all exterior doors
12) Wall mounted hairdryers in both bathrooms
13) Covered, secured parking a few steps from the front door
14) Cell phone : free calls to anywhere in Costa Rica
15) Garmin GPS: explore Guanacaste without getting lost
16) Snorkeling equipment included (adult and children sizes)
17) Free cruiser bicycles: two 3/speed bikes w/baskets (one men's and one women's)
19) Beach canopy/sun shield: ZiggyShade (Amazon's #1 rated sun shade)
20) Beach chairs, beach towels, ice chest
21) Hiking gear (binoculars, canteens, backpack)
22) swimming pool toys: Kick boards and inflatables
23) Washer, dryer, iron and ironing board
24) Premium linens and towels
25) Pack & Play for infants/toddlers (upon request)
26) 2 military style cots available for small children (upon request)
27) 4 tennis racquets provided
***L/A's most popular 2 bedroom rental unit 2014-2018***
Our condo is the only 2 bedroom rental unit with a screened rear patio. In the evening guests can relax and listen to the ocean surf without being bothered by insects attracted by the overhead light. The ability to use the patio day or night greatly increases the condo's living space.
Outstanding swimming and snorkeling: Playa Ocotal is one of Guanacaste's quietest and cleanest "Blue Flag Beaches". The ocean surf is very gentle. Playa Ocotal has no dangerous riptides. Travel guides recommend Playa Ocotal to outdoor enthusiasts who want to snorkel from a Guanacaste beach. Snorkelers drive many miles to explore the rock formations at both ends of Playa Ocotal Beach. Playa Ocotal's best snorkeling is directly below Los Almendros. On most days, you can see numerous species of colorful tropical fish including angel fish, game fish, eels, octopi, puffer fish and many more, in Playa Ocotal's tranquil waters.
Playas del Coco is Guanacaste's fastest growing beach community. The town is a 5 minute drive from Los Almendros. A taxi is usually only $6 to town. Coco has modern grocery stores, pharmacies, banks, ATM machines, many restaurants (new Hard Rock Café), ice cream shops, many bars/pubs, souvenir shops, and an emergency medical facility.
Excursion planning: Playa Ocotal is a great location from which to initiate day trips. Los Almendros has an experienced bilingual office staff that assists guests in making reservations for deep sea fishing, diving, snorkeling, sailing, rafting, tubing, zip lining, massages, hiking, bird watching, hot springs, rain forest tours, volcanoes, canopy tours, and horse back riding. Our customer service reps are Guanacaste natives, and are familiar with local tour operators. One of their greatest strengths is the ability to help guests plan and coordinate their vacation activities.
Rocket Frog Diving: The Rocket Frog Dive Shop is located in nearby Coco. Rocket Frog has the fastest dive boat and newest equipment in Guanacaste. Training is conducted in a private swimming pool.
Father Rooster's restaurant is one of Ocotal's most popular restaurants and it is located about 100 meters from the entrance of Los Almendros. It is located right on the beach and is open for lunch and dinner. It is a great place to enjoy a delicious tropical drink, enjoy a meal and take in the fabulous sunset.
Club Membership: We are members of the "Club at Coco Bay". Guests staying in our condominium enjoy full membership privileges at this outstanding private facility. The Club at Coco Bay offers lit tennis courts, a gym with modern exercise equipment, two swimming pools, yoga/Zumba classes and one of the area's best restaurants. It also has a beach front pool directly across from Los Almendros where they even provide towel service.
Transportation: A car is nice to have but not a necessity in Costa Rica. Taxis from Los Almendros to Coco are approximately $6 each way. Bilingual tour operators provide affordable transportation from Los Almendros to Guanacaste tourist attractions. Taxi service is available to and from Liberia airport ($60 for a car or $75 for a van). The Los Almendros office can arrange to have a rental vehicle delivered to your condo.
Garmin GPS: We provide our guests the same EZfind GPS software that the local rental car agencies charge $7-$10 per day for. Our GPS unit includes all of Coco's best restaurants and Guanacaste's most popular tourist attractions. Select "Home" and our GPS will provide you the safest , quickest route back to Los Almendros.
Cell Phone: To eliminate communication concerns, we provide our guests a cell phone that can be used to call anywhere in Costa Rica. A few important numbers have been programmed for emergency use. These include: the Los Almendros office, and the cell phone number of an English speaking doctor who works out of the emergency medical clinic in Playas del Coco.
Most guests use their ipad and Skype to make inexpensive calls to the USA or Canada.
Bicycles: We provide our guests with two 26" three speed cruisers (1 men's and 1 women's). Both bicycles have a basket and a comfortable saddle seat. There is two medium sized hills between Los Almendros and Coco which are easier to navigate with the three speed Nexus gear system.