Large bedroom with adjacent refurbished, very bright bathroom. Guest kitchen and pleasant garden to relax in. Charming north Berkeley neighbourhood with everything you need (shopping, restaurants, public transportation) near by. The accomodation is suited to longer term guests who like a restful garden, the ability to do their own cooking (see Kitchen & Amenities) and their own secure entrance.
Multi-week rental of large (28 day minimum & no city occupancy tax), pleasant bedroom in a craftsman style house in tree-lined north Berkeley.
Kitchen & Amenities:
* Your own shower/bathroom for your exclusive (private) use.
* Your own kitchen area, with cooker/oven, large refrigerator, etc.
* Plenty of storage.
* High speed internet.
* Laundry room (shared/no charge).
* Lounge and television area on same level as bedroom.
* Patio with outdoor seating (also used by owner).
A 5 minute walk to "gourmet ghetto" area, with restaurants, cafes and and grocery shopping, 15-20 minute walk or 5 minute bus ride to UC Berkeley, Downtown Bart and North Berkeley Bart stations.
Very convenient, clean, comfortable and private.
The bus stop, with regular pickups to/from down town Berkeley (including BART) and the UC campus, is a two block walk from the house.
AC Transit Bus Lines: see AC Transit web site
BART schedule from Downtown Berkeley: see BART web site
Recently updated kitchen and lounge area, with direct access to patio and garden.
The room will accommodate two adults. Occupants other than the named Guest must be known in advance to the Host. A child (with 2 parents - total 3 people) will be charged extra $10/night.
The neighbourhood has great access to transportation, but is still tranquil. Close proximity to restaurants, grocery stores and recreational areas is an attraction.
Renter will sign a short term agreement covering Payment, Accommodation Rules, Maintenance, Indemnity and other details. Included are:
* Renter agrees to maintain kitchen hygiene and adhere to cleanliness rules as outlined by the Owner.
* Water is the number one cause of damage to a home. Be careful not to leave water on while away.
* Make sure all appliances are off before leaving the accommodation to prevent fires e.g. iron, hair blower, space heater, oven, stove.
* Trash/recycling pickup is Thursday morning by 8 AM. All trash (gray bin), recycling (blue bin) and compost (green bin) must fit in the outside bins in the driveway i.e. the lids must comfortably close, otherwise, there will be overflow of trash. Tenants are required to separate trash and recycling per the requirements of the Berkeley Recycling Guide (a copy of which will be provided by the Owner).
* Laundry is free to use. Do not overload the washer or dryer, as that can cause engine failure or fire. After each dryer use, clean the filter and throw away in the bin in the window near to the dryer.