This 4000 square foot home with hardwood floors is a true gem!
Perfect for family getaways, groups of friends in town for a wedding, or groups traveling for work, six bedrooms is plenty of room for everyone! This location is walkable, safe, and clean. Walk to award-winning restaurants, the Freedom Farmer’s Market, great parks, and the BeltLine!
This large family home was built in 1925. It is three stories with bedrooms and bathrooms on each floor. There are many windows that keep the home bright and inviting!
Floor 1: The front door opens into a large living/kitchen/dining area. It is the main area for your group to hang out and relax. There is a large sofa and a large dining table. The kitchen features a huge island and restaurant-grade appliances! Cooking gear, salt, pepper, and oil is supplied. There are enough plates, glasses, bowls, and silverware to seat 12. There are three bedrooms on this floor and two bathrooms. Each bedroom on Floor 1 has one bed (a King, a Queen, and a Queen)
Floor 2: The Master Bedroom and Children's Bedroom are on this floor and share one bathroom. The Master bedroom with King bed has an en-suite bath, built-in bookcases, a Juliette balcony, and a view of the backyard. Just outside the Master is a children's bedroom with a twin bed and a floor mattress.
Basement: The basement features an in-law suite. It is a studio apartment set-up with a bed, a living room, a kitchenette, and a bathroom with shower. This bedroom has a queen size bed. The in-law suite connects to the main house via an internal staircase and has its own entrance to the backyard as well.
2 Kings, 3 Queens, 1 Twin, and a Crib. Each bed is in its own room except that the Twin and Crib share a room. The King bedrooms have en-suite bathrooms.
Outside space: You will have your own private backyard. There is patio furniture and you may even enjoy having a meal outside since the weather in Atlanta is pretty nice most of the year. You might enjoy throwing a ball around or setting up a croquet game.
Parking: There are two off street parking spots as well that you may use. Additional cars will have no trouble finding free street parking.
Occupancy: We keep the maximum capacity to 10 adults and 2 children. (Or 8 adults and 4 children, etc.) Infants from birth to 1 year of age do not count towards the guest count. Children are considered age 2 through 12. Adults are considered age 13 and up. Let me know how many adults, children, and infants will be in your group.
Read on to find the secret phrase, required for booking!
The guest will have access to the entire home including the laundry room, free street parking, and the backyard! It is a large property so feel free to explore!
This home is intended to be used for overnight stays and not for events. If you would like to have other people over during your stay, fees will apply and a separate event contract will be signed.
Daytime event fees: Parties that will finish up by 6 p.m. and have a maximum of 35 people. We can host this type of daytime event for a $600 event fee. That fee will include a home inspection both before and after the event, pick-up of bagged trash, and an on-call event assistant. With this add-on to your stay you could host a bridal shower, baby shower, children's birthday party, or graduation party, as examples. This is booked in addition to an overnight stay.
Evening event fees: Parties that will start after 6 p.m. and have a maximum of 50 people will be a $1000 event fee. That fee will include a home inspection both before and after the event, pick-up of bagged trash, and an on-site event assistant. With this add-on to your stay you could host a retirement party, birthday party, product launch party, or graduation party, as examples. This is booked in addition to an overnight stay.
(A party is considered having people spend the night that are not on the reservation, or having more than two guests over for a visit that are not on the reservation. If I can walk in the house and notice that there are more people there than are supposed to is a party.)
• Our first interaction will be through the booking request. It is very important that you have a complete profile with photo, that you tell me the purpose of your trip and who is coming, and that you send the secret phrase. I can be best prepared for hosting you if you include the ages of any children in your group.
• The secret phrase can be found by reading the entire listing.
• I will meet you for check-in and give you a tour of the home!
• Check-in is at 3 p.m. ET or later. Early check-ins between noon and 3 p.m. can be reserved, as available in advance, for $50. Super early check-ins between 9 a.m. and noon will be $100.
• Check-out is at 11 a.m. ET. A late check-out can be arranged at least three days before check-out and will be a $50 charge to check-out at 2 p.m. and are subject to availability.
• Street parking is available to guests 24/7. It is free and available. It can be hard to find a parking spot between 9am and 5pm.
• You will need to carry your luggage up the path to the home and up three steps. Those staying in the Master Suite or Children's Room will need to carry their luggage up a second staircase.
• Congratulations! You found it! Incorporate the words "Sweet Auburn BBQ" into your booking request or inquiry to show your host that you read the listing. Studies show that if you know what to expect you will have a better experience! This happens to be the name of a very popular BBQ restaurant that you can walk to.
• Poncey Highlands has it all! You can walk to many bars & restaurants, like Majestic Diner, San Francisco Coffee, Hand in Hand, and Atkins Park. Walk 20 minutes to Ponce City Market for endless entertainment and shopping. Take an 11 minute Uber ride to Georgia Tech's campus or a 13 minute Uber ride to the new Mercedes-Benz stadium in Downtown Atlanta.
• The closest grocery store is only a 5 minute walk. The Saturday morning Freedom Farmer's Market is only a 10 minute walk.