A 200 year-old DETACHED Charentaise villa, lots of character, stone walls, beams and original stone fireplace. Modern kitchen & bathrooms. The large, mature, secluded, south-facing garden, is not overlooked and has sun-loungers, table and 2 BBQ's. Lots of space to play. The 10m x 4m private pool has roman steps for easy access and is heated from the end of May. The pool area has a summer kitchen/utility room (with fridge), shower & WC. The games room has a pool/snooker table, table football & darts. The swimming pool, table tennis, books, boardgames, WiFi, UK + French TV, DVD, video games etc. will keep everyone occupied. The open plan kitchen/diner has a large teak table & terracotta tiles. The lounge has a large TV with UK channels. The lounge and all the bedrooms have fly screens. Relax with books & games on the mezzanine. Central heating and a large fireplace for LONG-LETS between November and March. A spacious house and large garden offer plenty of things to do, you don't need to go out everyday, and there is no feeling of living on top of one another...for more info please click on 'more details' below:
Bookings can be made directly with us (Chris & Beverley) by pressing 'Ask Owner', we can answer any questions you may have and payment can then be made with no additional fees - if you want to contact us our telephone number is 01227 507 705 and our email is firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, bookings can be made through Homeaway by pressing 'Request Booking', Homeaway will charge a fee of 5-8% of the total rental amount.
THINGS TO DO IN THE VILLA
- Sunbathe and read while the kids splash around in the pool.
- Play snooker/pool, table football and darts in the games room.
- Play table tennis or a selection of family games including scrabble, Jengha, connect-4, playing cards, Uno.
- Relax with one one of the many books.
- walk & explore the local area.
- Surf and send e-mail using the free WiFi.
- BBQ with gas or charcoal, are a good way to eat in, or dine Al Fresco by the pool.
- Large flat screen TV with UK channels, DVD player with a selection of movies. PS2 (with games).
This is a great base for a family holiday, rural, yet only 10-15 minutes away from Saintes, a major town.
- Eat at some of the many good restaurants within 15 minutes drive
- A boulangerie less than 5 minutes drive
- A Vival convenience store is close-by.
- Royan has a huge, sandy beach and loads of nice restaurants.
- Cycle to the River Charente in about 10 minutes
- Practice your swing at the local driving range.
- Play tennis using two, free, good quality hard tennis courts (5 minutes away).
- Golf courses are within easy reach.
- Go-karting, bowling and crazy golf are all good family fun.
- If you search this web address, you will discover what is available in Charente Maritime:
***ROAD & FERRIES***:
It is an easy drive from any of the French channel ports, its motorway all the way until the last 20 minutes. The approximate time and distances from each of the channel ports are:
- St. Malo........4h20m / 250 miles
- Caen............4h40m / 310 miles
- Le Havre.......5h20m / 360 miles
- Dieppe..........5h50m / 370 miles
- Cherbourg....5h50m / 350 miles
- Boulogne......6h50m / 450 miles
- Calais...........7h00m / 470 miles
- Dunkirk..........7h10m / 470 miles
- Zeebrugge....7h30m / 480 miles
A 20% DISCOUNT can be obtained on some ferry crossings from Portsmouth, Poole or Plymouth.
***AIRPORTS & AIRLINES***:
The area is well served by a international airports, and most have services operated by budget airlines, all have car hire facilities. The approximate time and distances from each are:
- La Rochelle..60 min / 60 miles
- Angouleme...70 min / 60 miles
- Bordeaux.......90 min / 80 miles
- Poitiers...........90 min / 90 miles
- Limoges......140 min / 110 miles
- Bergerac......150 min / 140 miles
Airport transfers can be arranged if required.