Cape Cabin is an original mud brick + timber A-frame home set in a quiet residential pocket of a wild and rugged coastal nature reserve...
A considered space of relaxation and delight for up to 12 guests but equally as nice as a cosy escape for 4.
With direct beach access immediately outside our gate and views overlooking Bass Strait and Cape Woolamai nature reserve, the property boasts a fully enclosed, established private garden with a timber children’s playground and multiple entertaining areas both indoors + out.
Our established native garden is a haven for birds, wildlife and nature lovers all year round. We regularly see wallabies, sea eagles, rainbow lorikeets and echidnas from the vantage point of our upstairs lounge and deck and regardless of the size of your group, you will find many quiet nooks throughout the property to sit and relax and listen to the soft chatter of birds in the canopy of large native trees that surround the property.
The house itself is a little bit magical... its handcrafted character and carefully curated mix of old and new give it a sense of space and cosiness in just the right measures. Although it has recently been painted and lovingly refurbished with all the comforts you will need for a relaxing adventure with family and friends, it still retains all of its original rustic whimsy and charm.
Bedding, quality linen and towels are supplied for all guests and the house is fully equipped to comfortably accommodate up to 12 people. As Cape Cabin has been designed as a family retreat, we would prefer to restrict the number of adults to the private bedrooms with Queen sized beds (6) - please contact us to discuss your circumstances if your group exceeds this number of adults. Any approved guests beyond the initial 6 are charged at an additional nightly rate of 25.00 per person.
• 2 private bedrooms downstairs each with Queen size beds
• 1 private bedroom upstairs with Queen size bed + travel cot
• 1 downstairs bunk room with 2 built in Single beds
• 1 upstairs children’s playroom with 2 child sized daybeds and ladder access to an additional Queen size sleeping loft (best suited to older children, teens and the young at heart due to height and access restrictions)
• 1 Phil & Teds Infant Travel Cot available on request
• Large downstairs lounge with Netflix enabled tv, oversized beanbags and a generous super comfy modular lounge
• Enormous upstairs lounge/family room with wood fired heater, Netflix enabled tv and a multitude of books, magazines, toys and games. This room also boasts an oversized super comfy modular lounge
• 1 Bathroom with a walk in shower, toilet and laundry facilities
• 1 Bathroom with a large bathtub (with shower over bath) and separate toilet
• Fully equipped kitchen with a large farmhouse style table + bench seats
• Outdoor kitchen herb garden + comprehensive condiments, herbs + spices
• Downstairs outdoor entertaining area with BBQ and large communal table
• Upstairs entertainers deck and wrap around viewing platform
• Multiple lawn areas for relaxing and outdoor games
• Elevated timber children’s playground + swing
• Off street parking for up to 4 cars
• Soap + toiletries custom made for 'Cape Cabin' by 'Soap Club' • Quality bath towels, bathrobes + crushed linen bedding • Sonos wireless speaker system • Phil + Teds portacot, high chair + Mountain Buggy pram • Coffee Setup + freshly ground beans by Everyday Coffee • Microwave, rice cooker, pasta maker, bread maker + handheld bamix • 2 bar sized under bench fridges + 1 bar sized freezer • Ironing board + iron • Hairdryer + GHD hair straightener • Washing machine + dryer • Filtered drinking water + instantaneous gas hot water • Panel heating in all bedrooms + downstairs lounge • Large woodfired heater in the upstairs loung • Fans + roof windows installed upstairs (no aircon)
Cape Cabin is incredibly special to our family. It is an old house overflowing with details that have been collected, crafted and inherited by our family over many generations and we invite guests who will appreciate and respect how much meaning and love exists within these elements.
The property has been designed specifically with families in mind. We welcome children with open arms and feel confident that they will enjoy the experience as much as our own but please ensure that they are sympathetic to our children’s belongings and the unique charms of the property.
We trust that you will treat our space as you would your own and take special care to leave Cape Cabin in the condition that you found it. We understand that accidents do sometimes happen (particularly where children are involved) but in the event of something becoming damaged, broken, stained or inoperable, we request that you contact us immediately. We do of course reserve the right to withhold bond or request payment to cover the replacement or repair of any effected items however we will contact you to discuss the matter prior to doing so.
There is strictly no smoking inside the house - smoking is permitted outside but please ensure all butts are fully extinguished in the ashtrays provided.
No schoolies or parties.
Tents and camper vans are not permitted on the property.
Food and drinks are to be contained to the kitchen and outdoor eating areas.
10% discount offered to returning guests.
Cape Cabin is available for photoshoots, creative workshops and bespoke small events - get in touch to discuss your requirements and we will do what we can to make it work.