** This property includes the homeowner’s house, as well as other vacation rentals. The owner and other travelers may be present during your stay. **
Experience the Louisiana bayou like never before from this 1-bedroom, 1-bath Theriot vacation rental apartment that sleeps 3! Boasting a well-equipped kitchen and furnished porch, this home features every desired amenity along with an ideal location close to some of the best fishing, swamp tours, and authentic south Louisiana experiences.
Bedroom: Full Bed, Twin Daybed | Living Room: Full Futon
Upon arrival, a sweeping front deck welcomes you to this ideal rental property! Sip morning coffee on the patio furniture or dine al fresco on homemade meals around the outdoor table. Authentic Cajun dining options are also available - just contact your host upon arrival.
Inside the well-furnished interior, you'll find everything you need for a comfortable stay! Wireless internet access allows you to remain in touch with your loved ones while a flat-screen Smart TV provides family-friendly entertainment for everyone.
Just a few steps from the living area, the well-equipped kitchen boasting modern appliances makes home-cooking a breeze. Savor tasty dishes indoors around the 2-person dining table or breakfast bar.
In addition to traditional amenities, this property also features outside water and power to prep boats for a day of fishing along with a small-watercraft boat launch - both perfect for the angler of the group! If you prefer to stay at the property, you'll find plenty to do on the 70 acres of land with wooded hiking trails, a private pond, and open pasture land great for a riveting game of horseshoe. Spend the evening around the outdoor fire pit or put some burgers on the grill for a tasty meal at home.
Complete each day with a cleansing shower in the full bathroom stocked with fresh towels and complimentary toiletries. Afterward, crawl into the cozy full-sized bed for a restful night's sleep!
During your stay, get to know the home's 70 acres of land along Bayou Dularge featuring everything from an emerging organic farm to private wetlands! Ensure that you explore the surrounding area to truly experience Cajun country and its associated lifestyle.
Enjoy easy access to fishing with the home's own boat launch! If you want to venture farther out into the expansive bayous, lakes and bays, head to Falgout Canal Marina, just a 5-minute drive away. Additionally, your host can also schedule a guided fishing trip during your stay with one of the area's top fishing charters.
This location is also the perfect jumping off point for a day trip to historic Ardoyne Plantation, with its majestic spires and ancient oaks. Book a two-hour cruise with Captain Billy’s ‘A Cajun Man’s Swamp Tour’ to see alligators in their natural habitat, bald eagles and the mysterious swamplands of South Louisiana.
Hungry? Grab a po-boy sandwich at the marina or head into Houma, just 15 minutes away, for everything from fine dining to an authentic Cajun shrimp boil. If you're looking for groceries, stop at Rouse's on St. Charles Street, the local's favorite place to shop.
Don't miss out on a swamp tour! Learn about what makes the marsh and wetlands special while also feeding the wild alligators that call this area home.
For a day trip, head to New Orleans, just an hour-and-a-half drive north! Explore its many popular destinations and attractions including The French Quarter and historic graveyards.
THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a well-equipped kitchen, optional full meal service, optional maid service, furnished shared front deck, small watercraft boat launch, flat-screen Smart TV, free WiFi, gas grill, canoe, 2 cruiser bikes, complimentary toiletries, fresh towels, ample outdoor parking for cars and boats, and so much more
- Incredible Theriot location along Bayou Dularge - Experience Cajun living at its finest from this ideal rental property located close to great fishing opportunities, swamp and plantation tours, and the shops and restaurants of Houma! Plus, New Orleans is just an hour-and-a-half drive away north.
- Nearest Commercial Airport: Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport, 900 Airline Dr, Kenner, LA 70062, (~ 57.6 miles)
- Maximum number of people allowed at the property: 100 (this is a flexible maximum occupancy. Please contact Evolve with further questions)
- Event fee(s): Fee is based on event type
- Outside services/vendors: Allowed
- Event parking: 20-30 cars can be parked in the open lot. Not suitable for many RVs
- Alcohol policies: Alcohol is allowed. Requires additional event insurance
- No smoking
- No pets allowed
- Events, parties and large gatherings considered with prior homeowner approval (please contact Evolve for additional information)
- Please note that the homeowner lives on site, in a completely separate unit, and may be present during your stay
- Please note that there is another vacation rental unit on the premises, and there may be other travelers present during your stay
- This property is elevated and is only accessible via stairs
- If you're traveling with more than 6 guests, check the availability of Evolve listing #404647. The property is located adjacent to this listing and accommodates 6 additional guests
- Must be at least 21 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in