** This property includes the homeowner’s house, as well as other vacation rentals. The owner and other travelers may be present during your stay. **
Relaxation comes easy at the 'Cajun Cottage,' a 1-bedroom, 1-bath Theriot vacation rental home! Featuring a fully equipped kitchen, furnished porch and patio, and boat launch, this property provides up to 4 guests with an ideal location close to fishing, swamp and plantation tours, and so much more.
Bedroom: Queen Bed | Living Room: Full Sleeper Sofa
Featuring a sweeping front porch with 3 rocking chairs, perfect for a warm spring day or cool clear night, this raised Acadian-style house is reminiscent of the relaxed, warm and hospitable way of life that South Louisiana is known for!
Inside the open-concept living area, you'll find everything you need for a comfortable vacation! Wireless internet access and a flat-screen Smart TV provide endless entertainment while the fully equipped kitchen makes fresh Cajun-inspired meals a possibility during your vacation. Feast on homemade meals at the 4-person dining table or contact the host to find out where the best Cajun restaurants in the area are.
Additionally, the property features outside water and power to prep fishing boats along with a small-watercraft boat launch, making fishing extremely easy for the anglers of the group. There's also plenty to do on the 70 acres of land featuring wooded hiking trails, a private pond, and open pasture land great for a game of horseshoe or football.
After a day outdoors, relax on the large porch swing found on the covered patio under the home. Additional seating provides everyone with a cozy place to relax outdoors. In the evening, cookout on the gas grill and stargaze around the fire pit.
Transition into a restful night with a cleansing shower in the full bathroom stocked with complimentary toiletries and fresh towels. The bedroom with a large closet and dresser invites you to enjoy a peaceful night's sleep in the plush queen-sized bed.
With everything from an emerging organic farm to private wetlands, the property's 70 acres of land along Bayou Dularge provides guests with numerous activities! But with an ideal location close to outdoor adventures and local attractions, you're bound to find entertainment no matter where you venture on your trip.
Falgout Canal Marina, located just a 5-minute drive away, offers the perfect starting point for freshwater fishing excursions! Additionally, your host can also schedule a guided fishing trip during your stay with one of the area's top fishing charters.
Stay ashore to visit historic southern plantation mansions like the Ardoyne Plantation or Southdown Plantation - both located within 30 minutes of the property. Afterward, pick up groceries at Rouse's on St. Charles or enjoy dinner in the quaint city of Houma before making your way back home.
Swamp tours are another popular activity in the region! Learn about what makes the marsh and wetlands special while also feeding the local, wild alligators.
New Orleans is an extremely easy day trip to make, with just over an hour drive north! Explore its well-known attractions like The French Quarter, Bourbon Street, and Cafe Du Monde.
THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, optional full meal service, optional maid service, furnished front deck, in-unit laundry machines, outdoor elevator, covered furnished patio, small watercraft boat launch and dock, flat-screen Smart TV, free WiFi, gas grill, fire pit, canoe, 2 cruiser bikes, complimentary toiletries, fresh towels, ample outdoor parking for cars and boats, and so much more
- Beautiful Theriot location along Bayou Dularge - Experience true Cajun living from this ideal rental cottage boasting fishing on 70 acres of land along with a convenient location close to swamp and plantation tours and the metropolitan luxuries of Houma! Plus, New Orleans is just an hour-and-a-half drive away north
- Nearest Commercial Airport: Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport, 900 Airline Dr, Kenner, LA 70062, (~ 57.6 miles)
- Maximum number of people allowed at the property: 100 (this is a flexible maximum occupancy. Please contact Evolve with further questions)
- Event fee(s): Fee is based on event type
- Outside services/vendors: Allowed
- Event parking: 20-30 cars can be parked in the open lot. Not suitable for many RVs
- Alcohol policies: Alcohol is allowed. Requires additional event insurance
- No smoking
- No pets allowed
- Events, parties and large gatherings considered with prior homeowner approval (please contact Evolve for additional information)
- Please note that the homeowner lives on site, in a completely separate unit, and may be present during your stay
- Please note that there is another vacation rental unit on the premises, and there may be other travelers present during your stay
- If you're traveling with more than 4 guests, check the availability of Evolve listing #404652 and #404647. The property is located adjacent to this listing and collectively accommodates 9 additional guests
- Must be at least 21 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in