** Please note that the homeowner lives on site, in a separate house out of sight **
Sitting on a plateau above the Williams River you'll find the 'Smokeshire Hilltop Farmhouse,' a 5-bedroom, 2-bathroom vacation rental home in Chester. This 3,000-square-foot classic farmhouse for up to 14 sits on a working farm and offers travelers an escape, as well as a beautiful venue for any event!
Bedroom 1: Queen Bed | Bedroom 2: Full Bed | Bedroom 3: 2 Twin Beds | Bedroom 4: Queen Bed | Bedroom 5: 2 Twin Beds, Full Bed | Library: Pullout Couch
After a day on the slopes at Okemo Mountain or snow-shoeing around the property, eliminate your winter chill in front of the living room's fieldstone wood-burning fireplace. In the summer you could sit out on the back patio and enjoy a cool beverage after a day of hiking, or antiquing. As you lounge on the couch you could watch your favorite shows on the flat-screen satellite Smart TV, you'll feel completely at peace under the exposed beam ceilings or, gaze out the window to the mountains.
Some may want to head into the library for a bit of quiet and luxuriate with literature. With fully stocked floor-to-ceiling bookshelves on every wall with books on many subjects, the library will transport you back in time to the 19th-century.
No matter what your group's chef chooses to prepare in the fully equipped kitchen, you're sure to be impressed by their culinary capabilities as you dine around one of the family size tables. Extra tables are scattered around to expand seating. During the warm months there is a propane grill on the patio along with patio furniture and picnic tables to gather around.
No matter the season, be sure to spend time in the expansive yard. Complete with a furnished stone patio, fire pit, and seasonal gas grill, the backyard is a great place for a barbecue, snowshoeing adventure, a game of crochet, or a small wedding! You may even see ducks sitting in the pond, a fox crossing a snowy pasture or see an eagle flying overhead.
Since the 'Smokeshire Hilltop Farmhouse' sits on a 100-acre working farm, guests can participate in the farming lifestyle if they choose. Whether you want to pick fresh blueberries or raspberries, help out with 'haying,' or learn how to harness a workhorse, the helpful homeowners welcome you to join them.
Grab your skis and spend an unforgettable day at Okemo Mountain. With 120 trails conveniently situated 17 minutes from the property, Okemo has slopes for rookie riders, Olympic hopefuls, and everyone in between! You are also within a 1-hour drive of 5 other ski areas, Killington, Stratton, Magic Mountain, Bromley and Mount Snow. Mix it up!
Experience small-town New England with a trip to one of the neighboring towns. Located within 8 miles of Ludlow and Chester, this home is just a stone's throw from unique eateries like Homestyle Hostel, MoJo Café or MacLaomainn’s Scottish Pub; or Historical places like Calvin Coolidge’s Estate or Hildene the summer home of Robert Todd Lincoln. In the summer months, visit the local Farmers Markets antique shops, and craft fairs. Of course, there is always the famous Vermont Brewery Passport Challenge.
Take advantage of your wilderness surroundings by exploring the area's many logging roads and trails. Perfect for hiking, snowshoeing, and cross-country skiing, these trails allow visitors to see the wild side of the Green Mountain State.
Some of the trails on the farm meet up with VAST (Vermont Association of Snow Travelers) maintained trails, making them safe places to snowmobile or mountain bike.
THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen with stainless steel appliances, 2 flat-screen satellite Smart TVs, a fire pit, furnished patio, gas grill during the summer months, free WiFi, 100-acres of land, a pond, DVD player, working farm, washing machines and dryer, a barn for events, driveway parking for several vehicles, and much, much more!
- Unbeatable South-Central Vermont Location - 17 minutes from Okemo Mountain, within 8 miles from Ludlow and Chester, less than 30 miles from Manchester Center Vermont with Mount Mansfield and outlet shopping. Walking distance from great hiking and cross-country skiing, and steps from a working farm!
- No smoking
- Dog friendly with $50 per dog, per stay fee.
- Travelling with Horses? the house has a paddock area and box stalls available.
- Events, parties and large gatherings considered with prior homeowner approval (please contact Evolve for additional information)
- Please note this house is located on a working farm so animals may be present during your stay.
- Must be at least 28 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in