Welcome! Stay in one of the oldest homes in Hummelstown, built in the 1800's. Our updated & renovated apartment is full of character, comfort & consists of two floors giving you 1,200 feet of living space.
We are located in the heart of "downtown" Hummelstown. We are only a quick 3 mile drive to Hersheypark & to downtown Hershey, a 5 minute drive to Penn State Milton Hershey Medical Center and offer easy access to Harrisburg and Lancaster. We are located steps from local restaurants, ice cream/frozen yogurt, a toy store, a local gift shop and our local coffee and tea shop.
Our space is perfect for families, couples and those traveling for work. We are happy to host resident students from the Hershey Medical Center and are honored to host those who have loved ones staying in the hospital.
We have a full size, eat in kitchen with all of the essentials that you need to make meals, keep leftovers or bake. Our farm table has leaf extenders that can help accommodate two to four more chairs. We offer children dinnerware (plates, bowls, cups and silverware) along with outdoor patio dinnerware.
For business travelers or students, we provide a large work desk with an ergonomic chair and Free WIFI.
For families, we offer a changing table top to the dresser in the 2nd bedroom. We also have a BPA free plastic bathing tub for children 1 to 24 months. We have baby gates as well as booster seats, a pack-n-play and toys. The pack-n-play also offers a changing table. Please let us know if you would like to use any of these items during your stay and we will make them easily accessible for you.
All of our bed duvets and bed pillows are down alternative for any guest with allergies. All beds and bed pillows also have full allergen encasements. Each night stand is equipped with two USB ports and two electrical plugs for your convenience. The Master bedroom has a multi sound noise machine for those who like background sounds to fall asleep and the 2nd bedroom has a soothing white noise machine.
Our building is one of the original homes built in Hummelstown. It has a lot of character and charm. The building is divided into two spaces- office space on the front of the first floor and the apartment on the back of the first floor and the entire second floor. The office space and apartment are separate and cannot be accessed via each other. Your space is private and all for your enjoyment.
The only areas in the home that are not accessible for guests are the basement and the attic.
*** If your group is all adults, we can host a maximum of 6 adults. The master bedroom has a king bed for 2 adults, the 2nd bedroom has 2 twin beds. The daybed is located in the living room, which is common space for the apartment. We also have a roll-a-way bed that can be used in the living room or either of the bedrooms.
***For families, we offer air mattresses with bedding, to accommodate children only, for families of up to 8 guests. If you would like air mattresses for your children, please let us know when you make your reservation so we have them ready for your arrival.
*** As mentioned, this is a historic building, not new construction. If you are close to 6'5" tall, this may not be a comfortable stay for you.
*** We do require a rental agreement. Government issued ID will need to be verified at the time of your reservation. We also ask for the make and model of the vehicles that you will be parking in our lot, so we know it’s you parking in the spaces that are provided during your stay.
***I get it, nobody likes a long list of do’s and do not’s or rules. Our goals is to give you a wonderful experience when you stay with us and to make sure that you are satisfied and comfortable. That being said, we take great pride in our apartment and property. We have worked hard to make it a space that is comfortable, clean and relaxing. We welcome all and ask that if you choose to stay at Sophie’s, that you respect our property and leave the apartment in the same condition as you found it and do the following while staying with us:
-No shoes on the carpet, please. We ask that shoes be left in the kitchen or laundry room.
-No parties, reunions or vacationing students.
- All guests need to show a valid driver's license or government issued ID and be at least 23 years old, unless accompanied by a parent/legal guardian.
- A one-time linen and towel fee is included in the price. If staying over a week and you wish to have your sheets changed and/or towels washed, we are happy to do this for an additional fee. Just let us know!
- We ask that loud music/TV and voices be kept to "inside level" Monday through Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm
- There will be the required State and Local taxes added to your reservation.
- No Burning of candles or incense, doing so jeopardizes your security deposit and/or being charged for any damages.
- Smoking or vaping of any kind is strictly prohibited inside the home and on the deck, and jeopardizes your security deposit. Evidence of smoking or residual smoke smell will be charged a remediation fee to remove smoke from the apartment. You may ONLY smoke outside on the covered porch, please do not smoke outside on the deck! If you do smoke on the porch, do not leave behind ash, butts or smell.
-Do not engage in illegal activities anywhere on the property. This applies to both drugs and internet activity.
- Notify us immediately of accidents/damage to our property, or anything in the apartment needing our attention. You specifically agree to reimburse, repair or replace us for any damage caused at any time during your visit, in addition to the security deposit. We can also handle damage through Homeaway customer service.
-Please do not leave any food out that will attract uninvited pests. Please make sure all food is in air tight containers (provided) or kept in the refrigerator. Our space is pest-free and we want to keep it that way with your help, thank you.
- Guest/s agrees to indemnify and hold Homeowners harmless from any liability for personal injury or property damage sustained by Guest/s or authorized parties invited onto the property by Guest.
-All guests need to be registered with us via our rental contract. We do not allow outside visitors/guests not included in your reservation without prior approval 48 hours before reservation.
- Before checkout- we ask that you wash all pots/pans that you used and load and run the dishwasher (we supply dish soap and dishwasher detergent). We also ask that you remove your trash when you leave and put it in the large trash can located in our parking lot. We do not have a garbage disposal so any thrown away food could get stinky very fast- we appreciate your help in keeping the apartment clean.
-If you’ve made it this far, thank you. We hope that means that you would like to stay at Sophie’s. We would be honored to host you. Please let us know if you prefer chocolate, wine or beer as we would like to have a gift for you upon arrival.